Looking to book an appointment for a Passport? An individual seeking to schedule an appointment for the passport application and document verification can easily do it online. As everything has gone digital in the current epoch, people can easily apply for a passport and book an appointment for the passport directly online i.e., through the official website. As a passport is a mandatory travel document for Indian citizens to visit different countries across the world, individuals need to apply for the same either online or offline.
A Passport also works as a crucial identity proof and address proof of the bearer at the time of travelling abroad. After the completion of the passport application either fresh or reissuance, the applicants need to schedule an appointment at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra for document verification. One can book an appointment at the Passport Office only after making an online payment fee for the passport application. This in-depth guide explains the detailed procedure on How to Book Appointment for Passport. Have a glance!
Table of Contents
How To Book Appointment for Passport?
The Ministry of External Affairs has simplified the application procedure for a passport either a fresh passport or renewal of passport or reissue of the passport. One need not wait in the long queues for hours and hours to get a passport at the Regional Passport Office. People can simply apply for the passport online by filling out the application form and booking an appointment for a passport at the nearest PSK without any hassle. On the scheduled date and time, applicants can visit the PSK center and go through the verification process. Follow the simple steps curated below to understand How to Book an Appointment in Passport office or through the official website of Passport Seva Portal. Check it out!
Step 1: Log in to the Portal
- First of all, go to the official Passport Seva Portal from your device.
- Soon after visiting the website, you can find the login section on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on the Existing User button and log into the account using the previously generated User ID and Password.
- By tapping the Login button, you will log into the portal.
Step 2: Book an Appointment Online
- If you are not aware of How To Take Appointment For Passport, just read this detailed guide.
- On the dashboard i.e., on the left-hand side of the screen, you will find the tab ‘Services.
- Below that, you can find a list of services delivered by the passport authorities to the applicants.
- Just click on the option ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’ displayed on the screen.
- The submitted or saved application for the passport will be displayed in a tabular form.
- The table comprises the ARN [Application Reference Number], File Number, Applicant Name, Appointment Number, and Submission Date.
- Tick the checkbox next to the ARN and select the application.
Step 3: Pay & Schedule an Appointment
- Now, as you are looking to schedule an appointment with Passport Seva Kendra, you need to check the relevant option.
- Under this tab, you need to select the option ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’.
- If you haven’t made the application fee payment, you will be prompted to select a payment option.
Step 4: Select Online or Offline Payment Mode
- You can select online payment or challan payment to pay the stipulated application fee. Online Payment options include credit card, debit card, or net banking whereas the applicants need to visit the nearby SBI Branch to pay the fee in cash upon choosing the Challan Payment option.
- Click on the Next button.
Step 5: Select Nearby PSK Location
- On the next page, you can schedule an appointment by choosing the preferred PSK/RPO or the Passport Office venues from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the captcha code as displayed on the screen. Hit the Next button.
- You can preview all your details shown on the screen including the ARN, name, service type, application type, total fee to be paid, amount, and contact number. It also displays the appointment available date. In case, you want to change it, you can choose your preferred appointment date from the calendar.
Step 6: Book a Preferred Slot
- On the next screen, you need to book a convenient slot. Click on the button ‘Pay and Book Appointment’.
- You will be redirected to make an online fee payment. Select bank and credit card or debit card options.
- Make payment by entering the relevant card details.
- Lastly, it shows a message saying that your appointment has been booked successfully. Your registered mobile number will receive an SMS mentioning your passport appointment details.
Step 7: Take Printout
- Once you get a confirmation message, you can take a printout of the application receipt and carry the same to the PSK on the scheduled appointment.
- Click on the button ‘Print Application Receipt’.
- Check the date and time of your appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra.
- Visit the PSK by carrying all the relevant documents alongside the application receipt.
That’s all! This is the complete procedure on how to book an appointment in passport office.
This is everything you need to know about the procedure to schedule appointment for passport application and verification. We hope this guide has given adequate information on how to book appointment for passport through this step-by-step guide. Still, have any doubts or queries regarding this topic? If so, feel free to ask us in the comments section. We try to clear your doubts by giving precise answers. For more related posts and articles on types of passports, availability, eligibility rules, and others, stay in touch with our website.