Looking to change address in SBI Account? If yes, here is the perfect article for you, readers! Before diving into the article on how to change address in SBI account, you need to know the necessity of mentioning address information whilst opening an SBI account. In general, whenever you create an SBI account online or offline, you will be asked to input your residential address by the concerned authorities.
The reason is that you may get some confidential letters from the bank such as a credit card, debit card, and more to your residential address. If in case, you don’t own a house and reside in a rental house then, you may come across frequent shifts from one house to another house. Instead of visiting the previous rent house to collect your confidential documents from the owners, it would be helpful if you change the address beforehand.
In such a case, it is highly important to change your new address in your sbi bank account so that the concerned authorities will be able to send the bank-related letters to your new residence. If you are not fully aware of the SBI Address Change procedure then, just go through this in-depth guide. SBI, the largest public sector bank in the nation allows the customers to SBI Address Change Online and offline. Read on!
Table of Contents
How To Change Address In SBI Account?
State Bank of India is one of the leading lenders in the country that offers exceptional banking services and products to its customers. SBI delivers some of the key services such as internet banking, ATMs, establishing thousands of branches all over India, and more. To avail of all the services and products provided by the SBI bank, the customers need to have an active account.
At the time of opening an account in SBI, you must provide key information such as mobile number, email id, residential address, and more. If you don’t provide your address then, the bank authorities may not be able to communicate with you regarding bank-related activities such as sending you some confidential documents, loan documents, secure PIN for a credit card or debit card, latest banking letters, bank notices, and more. If you don’t want to miss any of the banking services and notices, you must either update or change your SBI Account address.
We have three different methods for SBI Address Change both online and offline. One can easily change their residential address in their respective SBI bank accounts by visiting the bank branch, online website, and through email. All these three ways to change the address in SBI Account have been clearly explained in this post. Check it out!
Method 1: By Visiting the Bank Branch
Follow the simple steps provided below to SBI Address Change by visiting the nearest SBI bank branch in your region.
- First of all, visit the nearby SBI branch in your location.
- Go to the helpdesk at the branch and ask the concerned executive for an SBI Address Change Form.
- Fill in the vital details in the application form such as the bank account number, old address, new address, etc.
- Make sure that you have entered all the details precisely without any mistakes.
- At the bottom of the form, you must sign just the way you have signed at the time of opening an SBI Account [i.e., as per the bank records].
- Along with the signature, mention the date on the form.
- After filling out the SBI Address Change Form, you need to submit the same along with the relevant documents.
- It is essential to attach the photocopy of the document comprising your new address and signature.
- Submit the Xerox copies of the supporting documents and the application form to the concerned bank executive.
- The concerned bank authorities will verify all the documents that you have submitted at the branch.
- If they find all the details that you had submitted appear to be legal and trustworthy then, the bank authorities will update the new address in your SBI bank account.
- Your registered mobile number will receive an SMS within a few minutes stating that ‘Your address is changed as per your request’ comprising the last few digits of your SBI bank account number.
- Your new residential address will be updated within 24 hours from the time of application submission.
That’s all! This is the easy way to SBI Address Change by visiting the bank branch of SBI.
Method 2: Through Email
Another simple procedure for SBI Account Address Change is by sending a mail through your registered Email ID to SBI. Follow the easy steps given below to change your residential address in sbi account via email.
- All you need to do is to send an email to the home branch of SBI’s email address i.e., to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the body of the mail, input the full name of the applicant, registered mobile number, and registered email id.
- Below that, mention the issue i.e., request for the SBI Address Change in the email.
- Once you are done writing the email, you need to attach a self-attested photocopy of a few supporting documents.
- Attach the photocopy of your Current Address Proof, ID Proof, Bank Passbook, and others.
- Hit the submit button to send the email to the corresponding bank authorities of SBI.
- Within 2 business days, your request for the change of address in SBI will be changed.
These are the different ways to understand How To Change Address In SBI Account.
Documents Required To Change Address In SBI Account
What documents are required for SBI Account Address Change? To change your residential address in your SBI bank account, you need to submit some crucial KYC documents and important address proof documents. The key documents that must be self-attested along with the letter of request for the SBI address change include the following:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Property/Municipal Tax Receipt
- Employment Card issued by NREGA which is duly signed by the State Government Officer
- Electricity Bill/Any other utility bill [Telephone, Power Bill, Postpaid bill, gas bill, water bill, etc] not more than 2 months
- Allotment Letter of Accommodation from the employer issued by the State Government or Central Government.
- Ration Card
- Driving Licence
- National Population Register – A letter issued from the same comprising the name and address of the applicant
- PPOs [Pension or Family Pension Payment Orders] as issued to Retired Employees by PSUs, Government Organizations, etc., if in case they comprise the address of the individual
- PAN Card – Must be linked with your SBI bank account
In the application form, you must mention your new address. Take a photocopy of the same.
How To Check New Address After Update Online?
Till now, you have seen a variety of ways regarding How To Change Address In SBI Account. Once you have submitted a request for the SBI Address Change and looking forward to knowing whether the new address has been updated or not then, you have a facility to check the address update status online. Here is a detailed step-by-step procedure to check the status of your new address update/change in your SBI account. Check it out!
- Initially, log in to your SBI bank account online i.e., at onlinesbi.com using the key login credential such as the username and password.
- Hit the Login button. After logging into the portal, you will land on the dashboard of your account.
- Navigate to the Account Statement of your bank account and choose the account number in which you had changed/updated the residential address.
- In the next field, you will be prompted to select the statement period.
- Hit the proceed button.
- Your SBI bank account details with the changed or updated address will be shown on the next screen.
- Well, this is the simple procedure to check a new address after updating online through the official SBI portal.
SBI Address Change FAQs
To clarify your additional doubts or queries over this topic, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions and answers in this article. Check it out!
- Can I Change Address In SBI Online?
No, SBI doesn't offer an online facility to change the residential address without visiting the bank branch. One should visit the bank branch to change their residential address in the SBI account.
- What Are The Documents Required To Update Address In SBI Account?
Some of the crucial documents that are required to update the address in the SBI account include the xerox copies of the following: Passport, Aadhaar Card, Utility Bills, PAN Card, NREGA issued job card duly signed by a State Government officer, Property/Municipal Tax receipt, etc.
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about the procedure on How To Change Address In SBI Account. We hope this guide has given adequate information about the SBI Address Change Form, required documents, and more. If you still have any doubts or queries about this topic, ask us in the comments space. Stay tuned to moneycompass for more articles or posts related to SBI accounts, credit cards, debit cards, applications for change of mobile number, registered email id, etc.