Planning an overseas trip? If so, you might need a debit card to carry out various transactions. During your stay in any foreign country, you can use an SBI Debit Card to make purchases and payments. Will your Debit Card support international transactions? Well, SBI offers a great provision to Enable International Transaction SBI to its customers when they are on a business trip or personal tour abroad. In case, you use your domestic SBI debit card abroad then, you might be charged a massive fee. Also, there are certain countries in which you can access your SBI debit card to make international transactions free of cost. Do you know How To Enable International Transaction On SBI Debit Card? If not, this guide is for you, readers! Through this in-depth guide, we have explained different ways to enable international transactions on an SBI debit card. Catch a glimpse!
Table of Contents
- How To Enable International Transaction On SBI Debit Card
- Why Use an International SBI Debit Card?
How To Enable International Transaction On SBI Debit Card
State Bank of India is one of the largest public sector banks in the country that offers an extensive range of banking services and products. Debit Cards and Credit Cards are the highly beneficial and significant banking products offered to its customers by SBI. Whenever you go abroad for any purpose, you might look forward to making international transactions. SBI Debit Cards don’t come with default activation of International Transactions. If you use your classic debit card to make international transactions, you will be levied huge SBI International Transaction Charges. For such people, upgrading their classic card to a global card is the best option.
One who is in the need of global transactions has this provision of enabling it on foreign land. To gain access to your SBI Debit Card for making international transactions, the first thing you must do is to enable/activate your card for global transactions. Once you enable the ATM Card, you can proceed with your international payments. Wondering How To Activate International Transaction On SBI Debit Card? You need not worry about your global purchases or payments as you have this handy option of activating international transaction on the SBI Debit Card. There are three simple methods through which an SBI customer can easily Enable International Transaction SBI. It includes net banking, SMS, YONO SBI app. Go through the detailed explanation covered in this post. Read on!
Before using any of the methods to enable international transaction SBI, you need to make sure that you own an SBI Global Card. If you have a classic SBI Debit Card then, you may not gain this service as the classic cards are only for domestic purposes i.e., it works only in India, not overseas. In case, you want to utilize this service, you must update your SBI Classic Debit Card into a Global Debit Card.
1. Activate International Transaction on SBI Debit Card Through Netbanking
SBI customers have access to net banking in the current digital era. No one prefers visiting the bank branch for carrying out specific transactions when they have a convenient option right in their hand. If you have your net banking access, you can easily Enable International Transaction SBI. Here is a step-by-by procedure on How To Enable International Transaction In SBI through net banking. Check it out!
- Initially, visit the official website of SBI from your smart device.
- On the home page of the website, a couple of tabs will show up.
- Under the ‘Personal Banking’ tab, click on the button ‘Login’.
- It takes you to a new web page wherein you can find the button ‘Continue to Login’.
- On the next screen, enter your login details such as the username and password in the given fields.
- Type the random Captcha Code as shown in the next field. Hit the ‘Login’ button.
- On the next page, you will land on the dashboard. On that page, you can find a series of tabs at the top of the screen.
- Click on the ‘e-Services’ tab and from the drop-down menu, you need to select the option ‘ATM Card Services’.
- On the next screen, a list of ATM Card Services will show up.
- From the given services, select the option ‘ATM Card Limit/Channel/Usage Change’ as you are looking forward to activating an international transaction on your SBI Debit Card.
- On the next page, you need to select your debit account. If you have multiple accounts, you need to choose the one for which you wish to enable the international transaction.
- Tap on the checkbox of your selected debit account and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Further, select your SBI Debit Card Number.
- Your selected card number will be displayed on the screen.
- In the next field, you need to select services. From the drop-down menu, choose the option ‘Change Usage Type’.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- In the next field, you need to select the usage type. From the drop-down menu, select the option ‘International Usage’.
- Below that, you can see a couple of options i.e., ‘Enable International Usage’ and ‘Disable International Usage’.
- Just choose the checkbox to enable international usage.
- Hit the Submit button.
- In the final step, you will receive a ‘One-Time Password’ on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the same in the provided field. Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- As per your choice, your ATM Card Usage change will be altered and your global transaction on SBI Debit Card will be activated successfully.
- You can then start using your SBI Debit Card for making global transactions.
This is the simple procedure for How To Enable International Transaction In SBI through Netbanking.
2. Enable International Transaction on SBI Debit Card Using Yono SBI App
Another simple way to activate international transaction on SBI Debit Card is through YONO SBI mobile app. Using this app, you can easily enable or activate international payments for your SBI Debit Card. Check the detailed procedure given below!
- Download the YONO SBI App on your mobile from any of the app stores – Google Play Store or iOS app store. Yono SBI App is also available for windows and Mac PC’s.
- Finish the installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now, open the YONO SBI app and log in to your SBI account.
- On the home screen, you will find an icon on the left-hand side. Click on it.
- A list of options will be displayed on the screen.
- Scroll down through the list and tap on the ‘Service Request’ option.
- On the next screen, you need to tap on the option ‘ATM/Debit Card’.
- Further, you must select the option ‘Manage Card’.
- Under the Manage Debit Card tab, you need to select your bank account and debit card.
- Just tap on the option ‘Manage Usage’.
- Under that tab, you must toggle the button to enable International Usage and E-Commerce Transactions.
- Lastly, tap the ‘Submit’ button.
That’s all! Your request to enable international transactions on your SBI Debit Card will be activated successfully.
3. Activate International Transaction on SBI Debit Card Through SMS
Don’t have an internet connection or mobile data? Wondering How To Activate International Transaction On SBI Debit Card without internet? Well, don’t worry! SBI provides an offline service to enable international transaction SBI i.e., through an SMS. Moreover, it is one of the easiest methods to activate international transactions on your SBI Debit Card. All you need to do is simply send an SMS from your registered mobile number in a prescribed format to a pre-defined number. Within a few minutes, your debit card gains international transaction access. Follow the steps curated below!
To enable International Transactions on your Debit Card, send an SMS in the given format:
- Type SWOM <<space>> INTL <<space>> Last 4 Digits of SBI Debit Card and Send it to 9223966666 from your registered mobile number
To enable POS [Point of Sale] merchant transactions, send an SMS in the following format:
- Type SWON <<space>> POS <<space>> Last 4 Digits of SBI Debit Card and Send it to 9223966666 from your registered mobile number
To enable E-Commerce Transactions, send an SMS as follows:
- Type SWOM <<space>> ECOM <<space>> Last 4 Digits of SBI Debit Card and Send it to 9223966666 from your registered mobile number
If you want to enable international transaction SBI on your debit card, you must send all three SMS one after the other from your registered mobile number. Only then, your request for activation of international transactions on a debit card will be successful. Make sure your phone has a valid SMS plan to send these messages for the global transaction activation.
Why Use an International SBI Debit Card?
Wondering why upgrade your classic card to a global card? Well, there are several benefits of using an International SBI Debit Card abroad.
- The customers need not carry cash exclusively whilst travelling overseas.
- Using a global card, SBI customers can easily initiate transactions in foreign currencies.
- Also, the customers can enjoy exclusive discounts, great offers, and reward points by using international debit cards.
- In the worst case, when your debit card is lost or stolen, you can immediately block ATM card it from anywhere in the world.
- Customers can get airport lounge access on specific global cards. To avail of all these benefits, you can use an international SBI Debit Card.
That’s all! These are the three different ways to Enable International Transaction SBI. Hopefully, this guide on How to Enable International Transaction on SBI Debit Card has given adequate information to make global purchases. You can easily initiate international payments and purchases upon activation. If you have any doubts or queries regarding this topic, feel free to ask us in the comments space. For more articles related to SBI services, visit our website MoneyCompass regularly.