Looking for a newborn baby Passport in India? A Passport is highly important for a newborn child in case the kid’s parents are travelling to any foreign country alongside the infant. For those who have a newborn baby in India and seeking to travel abroad, the application procedure is quite simple. If you have already an Indian Passport, you can understand that the newborn baby passport application process is almost identical to the Indian Passport Re-issue or renewal. In the current technological era, millions of people have been travelling across different countries and it has become quite common these days. An individual can easily travel across different nations only if he/she holds a valid Passport. Hence, applying for a newborn baby passport isn’t a major problem. Still, the procedure of passport for newborn baby application is easy. To learn more about the passport for new born baby in India, the application procedure, required documents, and more, let’s go through this in-depth guide. Have a glance!
Table of Contents
Passport for Newborn Baby in India
A Passport is an essential travel document issued to the citizens to travel abroad under the approval of the corresponding Government. Individuals who are seeking to travel abroad with their newborn baby must apply for a passport for newborn baby. However, the procedure of applying for a passport for infants in India isn’t an arduous thing. The steps to avail of newborn baby passport India is pretty much different compared to the ordinary passport issued to the common people. Even if the parents don’t have a passport, they can easily apply for their infant’s passport. However, there is a key benefit for the individual whose parents hold a valid passport. The advantage is that if either of the parents holds a valid passport with the name of the spouse endorsed, it exempts the kid from the police verification procedure.
In case, the parents already have a valid passport, they must submit an attested photocopy of the passport alongside the application form. On the parent’s passport, the name of the spouse must be mentioned. The name of the spouse endorsed on the passport is mandatory on the passport if either of the parents has a passport. Without the spouse’s name endorsed on the passport, the individual won’t be able to apply for the passport. Before applying for the baby passport in India, the applicant must apply for a Spouse Name Endorsement in the first place. The applicant can easily apply for the passport for a newborn baby along with the Spouse name endorsement on the same day. The application fee for a fresh or re-issue of passport for a newborn baby in India is Rs. 1000. In such a case, the booklet comprises 36 pages. Just navigate through this post to understand the procedure on how to apply for passport for a newborn baby. Check it out!
Who Can Apply?
There are certain eligibility rules for those who are seeking to apply for a newborn baby passport India. We curated the vital eligibility guidelines in this article. Check it out!
- Parents of the newborn baby must initially enlist a record at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra or PSK.
- The parents of the newborn baby can visit the Passport Seva Kendra at the scheduled time alongside the receipt of the application. There is no necessity for the infant’s appearance at the nearest PSK during the scheduled date and time.
Documents Required for New Born Baby Passport
Individuals seeking to apply for a newborn baby passport must submit some of the essential documents. The applicants need to make sure that they have produced the original and photocopies of the newborn baby passport documents. Applicants who are below 4 years are considered infants. They can apply for an infant passport by carrying a valid passport size photograph to the Passport Seva Kendra or Passport Office. The below-mentioned documents checklist is required for a newborn baby passport India in case both parents are alive and both are legally together. Check the list of required passport documents for newborn baby India curated in this article.
- Birth Certificate of the Newborn Baby
- Current Residential Address Proof of the Parent [In case, the parent has a valid passport then, it will be sufficient] Any Utility Bill i.e., Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Gas Connection Bill, etc., comprising the residential address.
- A Passport size photograph of the baby with a white or light-colored background
- Appointment receipt at the PSK
- Annexure H – Filled and Signed Form that can be collected from the PSK website
- Marriage Certificate in case the spouse’s name isn’t endorsed on the parent’s passport
How to Apply for New Born Baby Passport?
Do you know how to apply for newborn baby passport? Well, if you are seeking to apply for a passport for newborn baby, you can easily do it on the official website of the Passport Seva portal. Before heading to the application process, the individuals must initially register as a new user on the Passport Seva Portal in case the registration was not done earlier. One of the key benefits of applying for a newborn baby passport is that the individuals need not take an appointment beforehand. The family or the parents of the kid can visit the PSK anytime [i.e., the working hours] by carrying the application receipt. The applicants must and should produce the required documents i.e., original and photocopies. Follow the simple steps furnished below to learn how to apply for passport for a newborn baby. Have a look!
- At first, go to the official website of Passport Seva Portal from your device.
- On the home page of the website, you need to tap the option ‘New User Registration’ in case you are a new user.
- Fill in the vital details in the given fields to finish the registration process.
- After that, you can create a login id and password. Using the login credentials, you need to log into the official website.
- Further, head to apply for a newborn baby passport from the website.
- Fill in the application form with valid information.
- After that, submit the application form online and take a printout of the same.
- Carry the required documents to the PSK. The concerned authorities will verify all the documents and provide a token number to the applicant.
- Until the turn of the applicant arrives, he/she must wait at the PSK.
- Once all the documents are verified and scanned on the system, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment receipt.
- The passport for newborn baby India will be finally sent to the applicants’ registered address after 5 to 7 days from the date of application verification at the PSK.
This is the detailed procedure on how to apply for a newborn baby passport.
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about the passport for new born baby India. To know more information regarding the newborn baby passport, just visit the Passport Seva Portal of the Indian Government. We assume this guide about the application procedure for a newborn baby passport documents has given adequate information. If you still have any doubts or queries, just ask us in the comments section. Stay tuned to our website to learn more about the Passport, types of passports, and more.