Assam issues ration cards to those people that it considers as beneficiaries of government schemes and essentials under the guidelines of Public Distribution System (PDS). The eligible ration cardholders can avail the stocks like rice, kerosene, wheat, grains, and sugar at a subsidized rate. Under the National Food Security Act 2013, the Assam Government has been sanctioning the Assam Ration Card to the people that fall under the below poverty line. The income is the primary factor considered to issue the card.
Table of Contents
- Ration Card Assam 2021
- Assam Ration Card Eligibility
- Types of Ration Cards Issued in Assam
- Procedure to Apply for NFSA Assam Ration Card
- How to Check Assam Ration Card Status
- How to Check Assam Ration Card List 2021
- Documents Required to Apply for Ration Card in Assam
- 1. Documents Required for New Assam Ration Card
- 2. Documents Required for Duplicate Assam Ration Card
- 3. Documents Required for Separate Ration Card
- 4. Documents Required for Inclusion / Deletion / Surrender of Assam Ration Card
- 5. Documents Required for Change of Head of Family
- 6. Documents Required for Change of FPS and / or Residential Address
- 7. Documents Required for Child to Adult Conversion
- Assam Ration Card Helpline Numbers
- Assam Ration Card FAQs
Ration Card Assam 2021
Public Distribution System (PDS) is the one that holds the entire responsibility of distributing the basic food requirements to the needy. It categorises the people based on their income and distributes the ration considering that alone. If you belong to Assam state and want to know if you are eligible to get the ration card there, check out this complete article on Assam Ration Card Details. You can acquire complete information about Assam Ration Card from here. The info we are going to cover in this article include eligibility, application procedure for getting Assam ration card, documents required, helpline numbers etc.
Assam Ration Card Eligibility
Below is the eligibility criteria to apply for the ration card in Assam.
- A person with no ration card in his name is eligible to apply.
- Women can also apply for the ration card.
- Only residents of Assam can apply for the ration card.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The income of the applicant must be less than 1 lac per annum.
Types of Ration Cards Issued in Assam
Three different types of ration cards are issued to the residents of Assam. Earlier there used to be three types of ration cards in Assam referred to as Family Identity Cards (FIC). The further details about the Assam ration card is given at online.assam.gov.in Ration Card. First check the types of cards here:
- APL (Above Poverty Line)
- BPL (Below Poverty Line)
- AAY(Antodaya Anna Yojana)
There is another card issued by the State Government which is called MMASY ( Mukhya Mantrir Anna Suraksha Yojana) card. Now that the National Food Security Act 2013 has been introduced there are only two ration cards in the state.
1) AAY Card
2) Priority Household Card
- AAY Card (Antyodaya Anna Yojana)
This card is issued to those whose annual income falls less than Rs. 1 lakh. These cardholders will be granted 35kgs of rice every month at Rs.2 per kg.
- Priority Household Card
These cardholders will get 5 kilograms of rice per month. Each and every family member will receive 5 kgs of rice at Rs. 2 per kilogram.
Procedure to Apply for NFSA Assam Ration Card
The procedure to apply for the NFSA Assam Ration Card is offline. One has to visit the concerned office to get the application form. Here we give you the offline procedure to apply for Ration Card Assam 2021.
- First visit the Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs (FCS & CA) office in your district or sub-division you belong to.
- Now download the application form from the official website.
- Take an Print out of application form and fill the details appropriately.
- Submit the form along with the required documents.
- A receipt will be issued to you after verification of the application form and documents.
- In a few week’s time a new ration card will be issued in your name which will reach you by post.
Similarly you can also check the Assam Ration Card List, which we have covered below for you.
How to Check Assam Ration Card Status
To check the application status of ration card in Assam state:
- Visit the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
- Select the state name and enter the information as prompted by the page.
- Submit the details and the Ration Card Status Assam will be displayed on the screen.
How to Check Assam Ration Card List 2021
The procedure to check Ration Card List Assam 2020 is explained here in steps. You can go through the process and then check the list online.
- Visit the official website of Assam PDS – https://fcsca.assam.gov.in.
- In the page opened, choose Your District Name, Tehsil Name, and Village Name.
- After selecting the aforementioned details, Unique RC ID Code, Applicant Name, Father/Spouse Name, Type of Ration Card will be displayed on your screen.
Documents Required to Apply for Ration Card in Assam
After knowing about the Ration Card List Assam, now it is time to know what documents are required to apply for a Ration card in Assam. We have listed out the documents required to apply for the ration card in Assam for new card, duplicate card, seperate card etc. Read on!
1. Documents Required for New Assam Ration Card
Below are the documents required to apply for a new ration card in Assam.
- Voter ID copy
- Birth certificates of minor family members if any.
- Copy of tax receipt of land revenue.
- Address proof like bank passbook/ driving license/telephone bill/electricity bill.
- Transfer certificate from the FCS & CA authority
2. Documents Required for Duplicate Assam Ration Card
Only two documents are required to apply for an Assam ration card.
- Self Declaration
- Police Report
3. Documents Required for Separate Ration Card
The documents that are required to apply for separate ration card are:
- Original Surrender Certificate(s)
- Original Parental Ration Cards
- Self Declaration
- Certificate From Village Head/Gaon Panchayat president/Ward Commissioner
- Attested copies of No Objection Certificate by Head of Family of Parental Ration Card for inclusion of additional members
- Date of Birth proof (Birth Certificate / X Pass Certificate)
- Residence proof
- Photo Identity / Election / PAN / Driving license card / Passport.
4. Documents Required for Inclusion / Deletion / Surrender of Assam Ration Card
These are the documents that are required to apply for Inclusion / Deletion / Surrender of original ration card in the state of Assam.
- Original Ration Card
- Local Certificate / Election Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
- Date of Birth proof (Birth Certificate/X Pass Certificate)
- For inclusion purpose original surrender certificate.
- Death Certificate of the family member if dead.
5. Documents Required for Change of Head of Family
To change the Ration Card Family Details Assam like head of the family, these are the documents that need to be submitted.
- Original Ration Card
- Death Certificate in case of death of Head of Family
- No Objection Certificate
6. Documents Required for Change of FPS and / or Residential Address
These are the documents required for change of FPS.
- Original Ration Card
- Photo Identity / Election Identity Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
7. Documents Required for Child to Adult Conversion
These documents come to use while applying for child to adult conversion.
- Original Ration Card
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate / X Pass Certificate / as declared / other)
After submitting the documents as guided by the Assam PDS, eligible citizens can download Assam Ration Card Form PDF from online. It is only downloadable from the official web portal of Assam PDS.
Assam Ration Card Helpline Numbers
If the cardholders are having any doubts regarding their ration card or the ration they are receiving from the government or have complaints to register with the concerned Food Civil Supplies Department, Assam here is the helpline number.
Toll free number: 18003453611
Assam Ration Card FAQs
We have answered some frequently asked questions here. Have a look!
- Is it mandatory to submit the income proof for Assam Ration Card?
Yes. Income certificate is a mandatory document that needs to be submitted while applying for an Assam ration card.
- How much time does it take to get Assam Ration Card?
After submitting the application along with the required documents the verification will be carried out by the authorities and it will take 2 to 3 weeks for the issuance of the card.
- What is the Assam Ration Card acknowledge number?
As per the Ration Card Management System Assam, the acknowledgment number is nothing but the unique receipt number that was given to the citizen who has filled out the application for a new ration card. The acknowledgment number can be used to fetch the status of the ration card.
Well, this is the entire information that we have covered about Assam Ration Card. Hope the information provided in this article is helpful to you. If so, please bookmark our website and visit us often for latest updates on ration cards from the Assam Government. We continuously strive to keep you updated regarding the ration card.