State Bank of India is one of the leading nationalized banks in India that offers a bunch of beneficial services and products to customers. SBI collaborated with IRCTC and launched a co-branded credit card namely IRCTC SBI Card Premier. Previously, the duo has launched SBI Platinum Credit Card to offer exclusive travel benefits to the cardholders. Now, SBI and IRCTC have launched the next-level card through the premier card. IRCTC SBI card premier is considered as an upgraded card to the predecessor – IRCTC Platinum Card. For people who travel by train or flight regularly, IRCTC SBI Premier Credit Card is the right choice.
There are only a few credit cards in the banking field that offer impressive benefits on railway and airway travel for the people. IRCTC SBI Card Premier is the best card for frequent travellers as it comes with copious benefits, privileges, and more. The primary benefit of the IRCTC SBI Card Premier is booking railway tickets. Customers can get exclusive offers and benefits on various categories such as fuel, insurance, and reward points. Get to know more about the IRCTC SBI card premier credit card, its benefits, interest rates, fees, and other charges, etc. Just go through the complete review!
Table of Contents
- IRCTC SBI Card Premier
- IRCTC SBI Premier Credit Card Eligibility
- IRCTC SBI Premier Card Benefits
- IRCTC SBI Premier Card Annual Fee
- Documents Required to Apply for SBI IRCTC Premier Card
- How to Apply IRCTC SBI card premier?
IRCTC SBI Card Premier
Most people in India prefer train journey to travel from place to another compared to flights and other modes of travel. However, the customers can get exclusive benefits while booking railway and air tickets online using the IRCTC SBI Card Premier. To slash off the additional expenses done on the railway tickets, the SBI bank has launched the IRCTC SBI Card Premier power-packed with a lot of benefits and offers. Apart from the benefits, the cardholders can enjoy attractive privileges and additional discounts on railway tickets as well as the insurance cover in case of rail accidents. State Bank of India Cards is in full swing towards rolling out co-branded credit cards to the customers.
SBI IRCTC Premier Credit Card has been launched as part of this initiative to deliver premium travel benefits to the customers. The frequent train travellers can get amazing benefits through the IRCTC SBI premier card. As the launch of the SBI IRCTC Platinum Card has witnessed a very good development in the banking sector, SBI and IRCTC have launched this premium variant. Cardholders will receive exclusive cashback offers, attractive discounts, reward points, and a lot more through this credit card. Customers can even get exclusive offers at the time of booking a meal on the train. In this IRCTC SBI card premier review, we explained the key IRCTC SBI card premier benefits alongside the eligibility guidelines, required documents to apply for the card, and more. Check it out!
IRCTC SBI Premier Credit Card Eligibility
The individuals who are seeking to apply for an IRCTC SBI Premier Credit Card must fulfill certain eligibility criteria. We curated the list of eligibility guidelines that the cardholders must meet to apply for the premier credit card. Check the eligibility rules furnished below:
- Individual must be a citizen of India.
- The age of the applicant must be 18 years and above.
- The applicants must be either Self-employed individuals and salaried employees.
- Another key eligibility criterion is that the applicants must maintain a decent credit score to become eligible for the credit card. [preferably 750+]
IRCTC SBI Premier Card Benefits
IRCTC SBI Premier Credit cardholders can get attractive IRCTC SBI card premier benefits at the time of booking train tickets, ordering a meal during the train journey, and more. We curated some of the key IRCTC SBI premier card benefits in this article. Check it out!
1. Welcome Benefits
As part of the IRCTC SBI premier card benefits, cardholders can get a welcome gift. Customers can get 1500 reward points equivalent to Rs. 1500 upon making the payment of their first annual fee. It means 1 reward point is equal to Re.1.
2. Value Back Benefits
Individuals can get a 10% value back upon booking train tickets in AC1, AC2, AC3, AC CC in the form of reward points. Using these reward points, customers can purchase their train tickets on the official IRCTC website i.e., at www.irctc.co.in. Train tickets can also be booked from the IRCTC Mobile app for Android users.
3. Milestone Benefits
- Get 2500 reward points on annual travel spends of Rs. 50000.
- Individuals can earn 5000 reward points on spending an amount of Rs. 100000 on yearly travel programs.
- By spending Rs. 2 lakhs, cardholders can get spend based reversal of the annual fee.
4. Reward Benefits
Cardholders can gain 3 reward points per 125 spent on dining and standard operating procedures on Utility expenses.
5. Fuel Surcharge Waiver
Besides the significant IRCTC SBI card premier benefits, another vital advantage that the cardholders can get through this card is a fuel surcharge waiver. Cardholders can enjoy freedom from paying a 1% fuel surcharge at all petrol pumps across India. This waiver will be applicable only when the cardholders carry out their transactions ranging between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4000. These transactions are exclusive of the GST and other extra charges. To see all the transactions, you need to check the transaction history.
6. IRCTC Travel Offers
- Individuals can easily save 1% transaction charges on booking railway tickets on the official website – www.irctc.co.in.
- Customers can even save 1.8% transaction charges on airline ticket bookings from the official website www.air.irctc.co.in.
7. Complimentary Insurance Cover
- Cardholders can get a complimentary rail accident insurance of Rs. 10 Lakhs.
- Obtain a complimentary air accident insurance of Rs. 50 Lakhs.
- Get a complimentary fraud liability cover of Rs. 1 Lakh.
8. Railway Lounge Access
- One of the key benefits of IRCTC SBI Card Premier is the railway lounge program.
- Cardholders can enjoy 8 complimentary railway lounge access provisions in a year to participating lounges in India. A maximum of 2 must be required per quarter.
- Customers need to use their IRCTC SBI Card Premier at the corresponding lounges to obtain this offer.
9. Transaction Charges Waiver
- Customers can save 1% transaction charges, excluding the GST and other charges by booking railway tickets at irctc.co.in using the IRCTC SBI Premier Credit Card.
- A minimum of 1.8% transaction charges, excluding the GST and other charges, can be saved by the cardholder by booking air tickets on air.irctc.co.in using the IRCTC SBI Premier Card.
- If the cardholder decides to cancel the railway ticket booked through his/her IRCTC SBI Premier credit card online, a charge of 1% of the total refund amount will be debited from their card.
10. Visa Privileges
- Customers can save up to 10% on Hertz car rental and up to 35% on Avis Car Rentals.
- Cardholders can enjoy impressive benefits while staying at 900 luxury hotels across the world.
- Individuals can get up to 10000 miles per night by staying at a hotel alongside 25% additional miles on Kaligo.com.
11. Fraud Liability Cover
Obtain a complimentary credit card fraud liability cover of Rs. 1 Lakh. This liability coverage will be valid from the period of 48 hours before reporting the loss till 7 days after reporting the loss of the credit card. To report the loss of credit card, customers can call SBI Card Helpline Number at 39 02 02 02 (prefix local STD code) or 1860 180 1295.
12. Emergency Card Replacement
- If you want to replace your card on an emergency basis, you can utilize this benefit. Cardholders can get their IRCTC SBI Premier Credit Card replaced anywhere in the world.
- Customers can utilize the 24×7 helpline number for emergency card replacement even at the time of traveling abroad.
- If your SBI credit card is lost in India, just call the following numbers:
39 02 02 02 (prefix local STD code) or 1860 180 1295
Some other noteworthy benefits of SBI IRCTC Card Premier include contactless advantage, Visa privileges, easy bill pay provision, safe and highly secure way of enabling the PIN for your IRCTC SBI Card Premier, exclusive add-on card benefits, Easy Money provision, Flexipay, and more. The cardholders can enjoy all the aforementioned benefits once they start using it upon the card approval.
IRCTC SBI Premier Card Annual Fee
Applicants need to know the IRCTC SBI premier card fee, interest rates, and other charges levied on the cardholders before the application process. The card issuing authorities will charge an annual fee, monthly finance charges, and more on the individuals. Check the details regarding the IRCTC SBI Premier Credit card charges and interest rates furnished below in the tabular form:
|IRCTC SBI Premier Card Fees/Charges||Amount|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 1499|
|Credi Card Finance Charges||3.5% per month/40.2% per annum on all unsecured SBI Credit Cards|
|Renewal Fee||Rs. 1499|
|Minimum amount due each month||5% of total outstanding amount [or] Rs. 200 + taxes, whichever is higher|
|Finance charge on cash advance||For domestic cash withdrawal, a fee of 2.5% or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)|
|Late Payment Fee||For a total amount due from Rs. 0 to Rs.500 – NilFor a total amount due ranging between Rs. 501 and Rs. 1000 – Rs. 400For a total amount due more than Rs. 1001 to Rs. 10000 – Rs. 750For a total amount due greater than Rs. 10001 to Rs.25000 – Rs. 950For a total amount due ranging between Rs. 25001 and Rs. 50000 – Rs. 1100For the total amount due more than Rs. 50000 – Rs. 1300|
|Interest-Free period||20 to 50 days|
|Credit Card Statement retrieval||Rs. 100 per statement – for credit card statements more than 2 months old|
Documents Required to Apply for SBI IRCTC Premier Card
To apply for the IRCTC SBI Premier Credit card, the customers need to submit some of the crucial documents. Check the list of required documents to apply for the SBI IRCTC Premier Credit Card.
For Proof of Address
- Form 16
- Salary Slips
- IT Returns
For Proof of Identity
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
For Proof of Address
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
How to Apply IRCTC SBI card premier?
Follow the simple steps given below that helps the cardholders to apply for an IRCTC SBI Card Premier from the official website of SBI Cards.
- First of all, go to the official website of SBI Card i.e., at sbicard.com.
- On the home page of the website, you need to register as a new user by tapping the option ‘New User Registration.’
- Fill in the basic information such as personal details, professional details, and current residential address to finish the registration process.
- After that, you will get a new login id and password using which you can log into the website.
- Proceed to apply for the IRCTC SBI Card Premier by tapping the ‘Apply Now’ button below that option.
- On the next screen, you need to enter some of your details such as the name, pin code, occupation, monthly income, and more in the provided fields.
- Submit the application form once you have filled in all your details with valid information.
- After submitting the form, you need to upload some of the vital documents.
- The concerned credit card issuing authorities will verify all your documents and details mentioned in the application form and ultimately approve the credit card.
- Meanwhile, the applicants can track their credit card application status from the official website.
That’s all! This is an easy process to apply for an IRCTC SBI Premier Credit Card. Most probably, the card issuers might take at least 15 days for the approval and delivery of the IRCTC SBI Premier Credit Card to your registered address. There are a few cases wherein your credit card application might get rejected if they find any mistakes in the given details and the submitted documents. Once the verification of documents is done successfully, the applicants can get their cards delivered to the provided residential address. Applicants can also apply for the SBI IRCTC Card Premier by visiting the nearest bank branch in their location.
IRCTC SBI Card Premier is a highly beneficial card for those who travel on trains and flights frequently. By booking train and air tickets using this credit card, customers can earn good returns and exclusive benefits. Well, this is everything you need to know about the IRCTC SBI card premier credit card. In this IRCTC SBI card premier review, we covered almost all the important points regarding the credit card such as the benefits, features, interest rates, fees, charges, documents required for the card, application procedure, and more. We hope this guide has given enough information about the SBI IRCTC Premier Card. For more doubts or queries, just ask us in the comments space. Stay tuned to MoneyCompass.Net for more related articles on SBI Credit Cards.