The government of Jharkhand provides ration cards to citizens of the state that are considered beneficiaries of all the essentials as per the guidelines of the state. The guidelines are made based on the National Food Security Act. Those who cannot afford to buy basic essentials like food grains are provided with them at a very fair price. Other than to acquire the essential commodities released by the government, the Jharkhand Ration Card can be used as a proof of identity. It also comes to use while applying for a license, Aadhar card, PAN Card etc.
Table of Contents
- Jharkhand Ration Card
- Jharkhand Ration Card Eligibility
- Documents Required to Apply for Ration Card in Jharkhand
- Procedure to Apply for Jharkhand Ration Card Online
- Types of Ration Cards Issued in Jharkhand
- How to Check Jharkhand Ration Card Status
- How to Check Jharkhand Ration Card List 2021?
- How to Make Corrections in Jharkhand Ration Card?
- Jharkhand Ration Card Grievance Registration
- Check Jharkhand Ration Card Grievance Status
- Jharkhand Ration Card Helpline Numbers
- Jharkhand Ration Card FAQs
Jharkhand Ration Card
The ration card is a very important document and all the citizens of the state should have it with them. The lower sections of the society are at benefit because of this card, while the higher sections of the society don’t receive any benefits from the government despite having the card. Depending on the income of the person different types of cards will be issued by the government to the citizens. In this article we will see how to apply for E Ration Card Jharkhand, eligibility, application process, documents required etc.
Jharkhand Ration Card Eligibility
The following are the eligibility criteria regulated by Ration Card Management System Jharkhand.
- The applicant and his family must be citizens of India and also the resident of the state.
- The applicant or his family members must not hold any family card in any State in India and if it exists, it must be cancelled.
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives.
- Newly married couples should get their names removed from their respective family ration cards and then apply for a new ration card.
Documents Required to Apply for Ration Card in Jharkhand
The applicants of Jharkhand Government E Ration Card should submit the following documents. The documents of all the family members that are to be present in the ration card should be submitted.
- Bank Passbook
- Passport size photo of each family member attested by a Gazette Officer
- Electricity Bills
- House rent receipt
- Telephone Bill
Procedure to Apply for Jharkhand Ration Card Online
Jharkhand Ration Card Apply is very easy and we have clearly given down the steps for you to refer. Interested and eligible applicants can either apply for Jharkhand ration card online or offline. Those who prefer to apply through offline mode can visit the nearest fair price shop and submit the necessary documents along with a filled application form.
Those who prefer to apply for the ration card using online methods can follow the Jharkhand Ration Card Online Apply process that is shared below.
- Visit the official website of Jharkhand State PDS – aahar.jharkhand.gov.in.
- In the homepage you can see a message on the top that reads, ‘To apply for a new ration card click here’.
- Click on the link and it will direct you to the ERCMS page where you have to register if you are a new member.
- Click on Register to apply for Ration Card Online Jharkhand.
- Fill the form with all the details and click on Register.
- After registering login with the username and password and enter the OTP sent to your mobile number.
- On submitting the details a reference number will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a printout of it and submit it to the DSO office near you.
Types of Ration Cards Issued in Jharkhand
Once you know the types of ration cards issued in Jharkhand, you can know the Jharkhand Ration Card List 2020-21. Jharkhand state supports three types of ration cards.
The Antyodaya Anna Yojna, also called AAY ration card is granted to family members who belong to the poorer sections of the society.
2. PH Ration Card
And the P.H ration cards are divided into two types of ration cards i.e., PHH and NPHH. The PHH (Priority Household) cardholders are eligible to receive subsidised products from the government while the NPHH (Non-priority household) cardholders are those who are financially well and are not entitled with any subsidized items from the government.
3. White Ration Card
White ration cards are issued to those whose annual income is more than 1 lakh rupees.
How to Check Jharkhand Ration Card Status
If you are in search of Ration Card Application Status Jharkhand, you are on the right page. Here we have given the process for you. After submitting the application form you may want to know the status of it. The following steps will help you check the status of the application form.
- Open the official website.
- Click on the ‘online service’ option and go for the ‘application status’ option.
- A form will be opened where you are required to enter application number or mobile phone number.
- After entering the details click on ‘check status’.
- Your application status will be displayed to you on the screen.
How to Check Jharkhand Ration Card List 2021?
Here is the process to check the Jharkhand Ration Card List. Have a look!
- As usual visit the official website of Jharkhand State PDS.
- On the menu bar click on the “e-Services” option.
- Select the “e-Ration card” link and select the “Village list” tab.
- Choose your respective district, Taluk, Gram Panchayat, Village and click on the “Go” button.
- The Ration Card List Jharkhand in the village you have selected will be displayed on the screen.
How to Make Corrections in Jharkhand Ration Card?
If you wish to make any changes or corrections in the ration card, you can do so by following the below steps.
- Visit the official website – aahar.jharkhand.gov.in.
- Go to ‘online service’ and click on the ‘online application’.
- The page will display your Ration Card Jharkhand Application Form.
- Click on ‘proceed’.
- It will redirect to a new page where you need to select the error and make corrections.
- Once the changes are entered, input the ration card number and registered mobile number, Aadhaar card number and click on the option of OTP.
- If you are doing this process to add a new family member, enter the OTP and fill in the required details for new members and click on ‘send’.
- Take a printout of the form and submit it to the nearest DSO office with the necessary documents. You can also do Ration Card Download Jharkhand if you want.
Jharkhand Ration Card Grievance Registration
If you have complaints to register against the ration card dealers or about ration cards, you can follow the steps to register it.
- Open the official website of Public Distribution and Consumer Affairs.
- In the homepage you can find “file a complaint” in the online service option.
- Grievance Registration page opens where you have to choose your complaint type and click on complain online link.
- A new complaint form will open on the screen which needs to be filled by you.
- After entering the details click on the register complaint option.
Check Jharkhand Ration Card Grievance Status
After registering the complaint with the official website of Jharkhand PDS, you may want to check the status of your complaint. In that case, there is a process to check the Ration Card Status Jharkhand of the complaint registered.
- You can check the status of your complaint either by using the Complaint number or through Acknowledgement number.
- Enter the number and fill all the details in the form and press the track grievance option.
- Your Grievance Status appears on the screen.
On checking your grievance status, you will come to know about the action that the department has taken about your complaint.
Jharkhand Ration Card Helpline Numbers
If you have any other issues regarding your ration card or with the ration shop dealer, you can contact the helpline numbers provided by the concerned authority. The numbers are given below. You can call these numbers to get your complaints registered with the department directly.
Toll-free number: 1800-212-5512 and 1967
Landline number: 0651-712-2723
Mobile number: 896-958-3111
Jharkhand Ration Card FAQs
- How to remove name from ration card in Jharkhand?
To remove name from the ration card you have to go to the official website and select “Family member removal” in the “Select ERCMS Activity”. Fill the form opened, take a printout and submit it at the concerned office.
- How to add family member in ration card Jharkhand?
To add a family member in the aahar.jharkhand.gov.in Ration Card, visit the official website and click on “Add family member” in “Select ERCMS Activity”.
- How many days does it take to get a ration card in Jharkhand?
The ration card issuing authority will take around 15 days to issue a new ration card. The ration card will be directly sent to the registered residential address of the applicant.
This is the information we have gathered regarding the Jharkhand Ration Card. If you find the information provided in this page useful in any way you can share your thoughts with us in the comments section below. We shall update this page often with the details coming from the Jharkhand Government. Stay tuned to MoneyCompass for updates!