A Passport is a crucial document issued to Indian individuals who are seeking to travel abroad for various reasons. Indian Passport Application procedure is quite crucial and involves a series of stages. Police Verification is one of the most important stages during the passport application procedure. A Passport is a highly important document that acts as an identity proof of the Indian citizen. The Ministry of External Affairs issues the Passport to the applicants after the completion of the police verification as well as document verification.
Individuals can apply for the Passport through the official website of Passport Seva Portal. Besides, the applicants have the provision to find out the police station wherein their residence comes under. At the time of police verification, the applicants might wish to know the police station in which their residence falls. If you want to know your police station for passport then, this is the right guide. In this article, we provided the complete details on how to know your police station for passport verification. Take a look!
Table of Contents
How to Know Your Police Station for Passport Verification
Police Verification is one of the vital segments during the passport application procedure that ensures that the applicants have provided the accurate address at which they reside in the city. It is equally important for the applicant to know the correct Police Station for the Passport Verification process. Previously, the police verification procedure needed a police officer to visit the precise residence of the passport applicant to carry out the passport details verification.
As the population has increased over the years with highly advanced technology and trends, the count of passport applicants has been growing at a rapid pace. As a result, it’s not plausible to follow the same old method of police verification. As part of the latest norms and regulations, the passport applicants need to visit the respective police station to undergo his/her verification of the passport details. For that, the applicants need to produce some of the relevant documents before the police officer.
The applicants have a facility to know their police station for passport verification by visiting the official website of Passport Seva Portal. This guide explains the procedure on how to find my local police station for passport. Follow the simple steps furnished below to know your nearest police station for passport.
- At first, go to the official website of Passport Seva Portal from your device.
- On the home page of the website, i.e., on the left-hand side of the page, you can find the tab ‘Information Corner’.
- Click on the option ‘Know Your Police Station.’
- Further, you are prompted to select your state, and police district from the given drop-down menus.
- A list of police stations in that particular district will be displayed on the screen.
- Explore your location to find out whether there is a police station in your locality or a location nearby your residence.
The applicants can easily know their police station for passport by Pincode. After the completion of the police verification, the corresponding police officer will give a clearance report to the applicant. Further, the passport office will dispatch the applicant’s passport within 3 working days from the date of receiving the recommendatory Police Verification Report [PVR] from a corresponding police station.
What Will Happen If You Visit The Wrong Police Station?
In some cases, you might choose the wrong police station due to unawareness about their residence that the police station comes under the locality. If you visit the wrong police station for police verification of the passport, there are two ways to rectify the situation.
- If the applicant visits the wrong police station for verification purposes, the concerned authorities of the police station will forward the applicant’s documents and application to the correct police station for further verification.
- Another way is that the applicant must find out the right police station as the police verification is left unfinished. In such a case, the applicant must approach the correct police station and once again verify all the details.
In some situations, the passport authorities might waive the police verification procedure. One such case is at times during the passport application procedure through the Tatkal Scheme. As part of the Tatkal scheme, the applicants need not undergo the police verification process if adequate documentation requirements are fulfilled. In some other cases, the police verification might be done after the issuance of the passport.
That’s it! This is all you need to understand about the procedure on how to find my local police station for passport. Hopefully, this guide has given enough information to know your police station for passport verification. For more doubts and queries, drop the same in the comments section. Stay in touch with our website for more related posts on passport police verification, passport application procedure, and more.