Every individual who travels to different countries globally must and should have a passport. A Passport comprises the crucial information of the passport holder that includes their name, address, signature, photo, and some other vital details that prove their identity as a citizen of India. Any individual can apply for the passport irrespective of their age at the nearby Passport Seva Kendra or through the official website of Passport Seva Portal.
As an infant or a child, the parents apply for a passport to travel abroad. As the kid grows, the appearance and features of the child might change. In such a case, the change of appearance in an Indian Passport is highly essential. For instance, if you want to change the appearance of your existing passport, you can apply for a Passport Appearance Change online or offline. If you are looking forward to applying for the Change of Appearance Indian Passport, then scroll down through this guide. Take a glimpse!
Table of Contents
When to Apply For Change of Appearance in Indian Passport?
To recognize the identity and the nationality of the citizen, the Government of India, Passport Office issues an official document in the form of a Passport to the applicants. At the time of travelling across the world, this passport helps the individuals identify their citizenship and therefore visit any country under the protection of homeland India.
There are a few circumstances wherein an individual requires to apply for a change of appearance passport. In this article, we have covered some of the vital circumstances wherein the individual tries to apply for a Change of Appearance Passport. Check it out!
- Infant to Child Stage
- Child to Adult
- Non-Beard to Beard
- Beard to Non-Beard
- Turban to Non-Turban
- Non-Turban to Turban
Procedure to Change Appearance in Passport
The procedure to apply for a change of appearance passport is quite simple. The individuals who are seeking to change their appearance in the passport can visit the official website or offline PSK for the application procedure. This guide explains the detailed step-by-step process of how to apply for a passport appearance change. Check it out!
- At first, go to the official website of Passport Seva Portal or the nearest Passport Seva Kendra in your locality.
- Procure Form 2 which is highly important for miscellaneous services. Get this form either online or offline.
- Fill in the required details in Form 2 without any typos.
- In case, you are filling in the form online, you need to navigate to the section ‘Services Desired’. Below the section, you will find the option ‘Reissue of Passport’.
- Further, you need to choose the option ‘Change in Existing Personal’ and select other relevant options.
- After completely filling the form, the applicants need to submit some of the relevant documents along with form 2.
- Applicants need to pay the fee as mentioned by the officials and schedule an appointment to visit the nearest Passport Seva Kendra on a specific date and time.
- As per the annexure, an authority letter is another important document that must be submitted by the applicants. Make sure you sign the authority letter before submitting the document.
- After the verification of all the submitted documents and details mentioned in the form, the concerned authorities will issue the passport after making the necessary changes.
That’s all! This is the detailed procedure to change of appearance on the passport through the official website.
Documents Required To Change Appearance in Passport
Here is the list of important documents that are essential for an individual to apply for the change of appearance in the passport. Affidavit for change in appearance Indian passport must be vital during the document submission. Check out the list of documents furnished below:
- Duly filled and notarized application form
- Applicant’s Identity Proof
- Applicant’s Address Proof
- For proof of a change in appearance, the applicant’s photograph is required
- Individual’s original passport with a self-attested photocopy of first 2 and last 2 pages
Well, this is everything you need to know about the application procedure for the change of appearance Indian Passport. We assume this guide has given a piece of adequate information about the passport appearance change application procedure, required documents, and more. Still, have any doubts or queries about this guide? Ask your questions in the comments section. Stay tuned to our website for more articles based on different passport categories, application procedures, and more.