Haven’t linked your Aadhaar Number with your SBI Account? Well, don’t worry! Following this simple guide, one can easily understand How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account. To utilize the direct benefit transfer [DBT] of the subsidies offered by the Indian Government, one must link their Aadhaar Number with SBI Savings Bank Account. By doing so, all the government-offered benefits will be directly transferred to the individual’s SBI account.
The Government of India has made it mandatory to Link Aadhaar to SBI bank account. An Aadhaar Card comprises a 12-digit unique identity number. UIDAI collects significant data from the citizens of India i.e., both biometric and demographic data. Based on the biometric and geographical data of the Indian citizen, a unique 12-digit unique identification number for the Aadhaar Card is issued to the individual.
If you don’t have an Aadhaar Card, make sure you apply for it as early as possible. After the issuance of the Aadhaar Card, you can proceed to link Aadhaar with your SBI Bank Account. Meanwhile, the State Bank of India provides plentiful ways for Aadhaar Link SBI Bank. Let’s go through this in-depth guide to Link Aadhaar Number with SBI Bank Account Online. Have a glimpse!
Table of Contents
- How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account?
- How to Check Aadhaar and SBI Bank Account Link Status?
How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account?
Wondering How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account? As the government has made Aadhaar seeding to the bank account a mandatory rule, all the citizens holding an account in any of the banks must and should follow the seeding. To evade some illegal issues such as money laundering, exploitation of public resources, all the citizens of India must link their respective Aadhaar numbers with their corresponding bank accounts.
By seeding your Aadhaar Card to the bank account the customers can receive abundant benefits or subsidies from the Indian Government through the Direct Benefit Transfer. Aadhaar Seeding with SBI Account can be done in multiple ways. To make the Aadhaar Link SBI Bank procedure quite simple, convenient, and quick, SBI has provided copious methods for the same.
There are a variety of online and offline methods to Link Aadhaar to SBI. Aadhaar seeding with an SBI Bank account can be done online, through SMS, ATM, and at the nearest bank branch. In this guide, we have explained all the 4 simple ways to Aadhaar Link SBI Bank. Let’s understand how Aadhaar Linking with the SBI Bank account works just by scrolling down through the 4 different ways. Check it out!
1. Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account Online
Want to know How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account Online? One of the convenient and easiest ways to link Aadhaar with an SBI Savings account is through SBI internet banking. For this, the individuals need to visit the official website of SBI. Follow the easy steps furnished below to Link Aadhaar to SBI online. Check it out!
- Initially, go to the official website of the State Bank of India i.e., at onlinesbi.com.
- On the home page of the website, you can find the Login button under the Personal Banking section.
- Click on the button ‘Login’. On the next page, click on the ‘Continue to Login’ button.
- On the subsequent page, you need to enter the vital login credentials such as the Username and Password.
- In the next field, you must enter the random Captcha Code as shown in the image [Either Image Captcha or Audio Captcha].
- Once you have filled in the login details, click on the Login button.
- Once you have landed on your SBI account dashboard, you need to navigate to the option ‘My Accounts & Profile’.
- Select the option Profile >> My Profile.
- Further, it asks you to enter your SBI Net banking profile password.
- Enter the profile password and hit the Submit button.
- Immediately, all your SBI account details will be displayed on the screen such as the name, date of birth, mobile number, email id, Aadhaar Number, PAN Number, etc.
- All the details that you have linked to your SBI account will be shown on the screen.
- If your Aadhaar Number isn’t linked to your SBI bank account then, the ‘Aadhaar Number’ field will remain blank.
- As you are seeking to Aadhaar Link SBI Bank, you need to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number in the given field.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Further, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the relevant field. Hit the Confirm button.
- You will then receive an Authentication Code or Verification Code on your registered mobile number. You have fruitfully placed a request for Aadhaar Link SBI Bank.
- Aadhaar Number Link with the SBI Bank account isn’t completed yet. Without visiting the SBI branch, the Aadhaar linking procedure won’t be finished successfully.
- Visit the SBI Bank Branch in your region. Make sure you make a note of the authentication code for Aadhaar seeding.
- Meet the corresponding executive at the branch to finish the Aadhaar Linking to SBI Account.
That’s all! This is the detailed procedure to Link Aadhaar Number with SBI Bank Account Online. After the completion of the Aadhaar Link with the SBI account, you will get the latest bank-related updates and Aadhaar linking updates on your registered mobile number.
2. Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account through ATM
Another easiest method to Link Aadhaar to SBI is through the SBI ATM. People can prefer this method in case they don’t have access to the SBI Net Banking provision. Just link your Aadhaar Number with your SBI Bank account by visiting the nearest ATM. In the first method, we have seen the online mode of Aadhaar Seeding. Now, let’s go through the in-depth guide to Aadhaar Link SBI Bank via offline mode. Follow the step-by-step procedure to link Aadhaar to SBI via the ATM. Take a look!
- First of all, go to the nearest SBI ATM in your location.
- Insert your SBI ATM/Debit Card in the relevant card slot.
- Enter your SBI Debit Card PIN Number and hit the enter button.
- On the screen, you can find a list of options in the menu.
- From the menu, you must choose the option ‘Service – Registrations’.
- From the next screen, you need to choose the option ‘Aadhaar Registration’.
- Select the type of SBI Account i.e., Savings/Current/Checking Account.
- You must enter your 12-digit Unique Aadhaar Number.
- For confirmation, enter the Aadhaar Number once again.
- Your registered mobile number will receive a confirmation SMS.
- Once the SBI Bank approves your Aadhaar Link SBI Bank request, your SBI Account will be successfully linked to your Aadhaar Number.
- After the completion of the Aadhaar Link SBI Bank, you will start receiving all sorts of updates on your registered mobile number through SMS.
This is the simple procedure to Link Aadhaar to SBI through the SBI ATM.
3. Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account through SMS
SBI bank account holders have another provision to link Aadhaar Number with SBI Account i.e., through SMS. Just by sending an SMS, you can finish the Aadhaar Seeding with a bank account. Before accessing this method, the SBI account holders must register their mobile number with the bank. Only such customers can access this service. Follow the simple steps provided below to finish the Aadhaar Linking with bank account via SMS. Check it out!
- Type UID <<SPACE>> Aadhaar Number <<SPACE>> Account Number in the message body and send to 567676 from your registered mobile number.
- Once the SBI Bank approves your request, you will receive a confirmation message in the form of an SMS on your registered mobile number.
If in case, your Aadhaar Number isn’t linked to your bank account then, you will receive an SMS stating that you must visit the bank branch for Aadhaar Linking. Even if you haven’t registered your mobile number with an SBI bank account then, you will get the same message.
4. Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account by Visiting nearest SBI Branch
Till now, you have seen different ways How to Update Aadhaar in SBI Online. If you don’t have internet banking access, SMS facility, and ATM provision, you can prefer another last method to link Aadhaar to SBI i.e., visiting the bank branch. It is considered another offline method for Aadhaar Link SBI Bank Make sure you carry some of the relevant documents to carry out the Aadhaar Seeding procedure. Check out the simple procedure to link Aadhaar with an SBI bank account through the SBI Bank Branch.
- First of all, visit the nearest SBI Bank Branch in your location.
- Carry a self-attested and original Aadhaar Card Copy along with you to the branch.
- Ask the corresponding executive for filling in an Aadhaar Seeding/Linking Application Form/Letter of Request Form.
- Fill in the application form with precise details.
- Submit the form to the corresponding executive alongside a self-attested Aadhaar Copy.
- The Bank executive will process your request after verification and provides an acknowledgment. Once the SBI bank approves your request, your Aadhaar Number will be linked to your SBI account successfully.
- After the completion of the Aadhaar linking process, you will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number about the link status.
That’s all! These are the four different ways to link Aadhaar Number with SBI Bank Account online and offline. You can pick any of the methods for Aadhaar Seeding. Is it possible to check the status of the Aadhaar Seeding? The right answer to this query is explained below. Read on!
How to Check Aadhaar and SBI Bank Account Link Status?
Using any of the 4 methods, you might have placed a request to link Aadhaar Number with SBI Bank Account. But, how to know whether your Aadhaar number has been linked to your SBI account or not. Sometimes, your Aadhaar Seeding request might get cancelled or disapproved due to some incorrect details or improper application procedure.
No matter what sort of method you have selected to Link Aadhaar to SBI, you can easily check the Aadhaar Link SBI Bank status. Follow the simple steps provided below to check the status of your Aadhaar link with your SBI account online. Check it out!
- Visit the official website of UIDAI i.e., at uidai.gov.in.
- On the home page of the website, navigate to the Aadhaar Services section.
- From the drop-down menu, you need to click on the option ‘Check Aadhaar/Bank Account Linking Status’ under the My Aadhaar section.
- Further, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number in the provided field or the 16-digit Virtual ID that you have received during the application.
- In the next field, enter the security code.
- Hit the ‘Send OTP’ button.
- Your registered mobile number will receive an OTP.
- Enter the same in the provided field for authentication purposes.
- Hit the ‘Login’ button.
- On the next screen, you can check whether your Aadhaar Number is linked to your SBI account or not.
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about the procedure to link aadhaar number with sbi bank account online. We hope this guide has given adequate information about how to link aadhaar with sbi bank account online and offline. After the Supreme Court’s decision over Aadhaar Seeding with bank accounts, it is not mandatory to link Aadhaar with the bank.
However, it is beneficial for bank account holders to link their Aadhaar numbers with bank accounts to get subsidies and other benefits. If you still have any doubts or queries regarding this article, feel free to ask us in the comments space. Stay tuned to MoneyCompass to learn more about the SBI Bank accounts, debit cards, credit cards, closing a bank account, and more.