A Passport is an important document issued to an Indian citizen to travel across different countries in the world. It is considered as an identity of an individual to travel from one country to another country. The applicants need to submit some of the vital documents at the time of applying for an Indian passport. A passport is issued to individuals that include minors, government employees, retired government officials, J&K and Nagaland residents, and more. However, the documents required to apply for a passport might differ based on the individual applying for it.
In India, the population of senior citizens is very high. As a result, the Indian Government has been providing copious facilities to simplify the government procedures to the senior citizens such as passport applications, Aadhaar card applications, and more. Senior citizens who are in the need of a passport can also apply for it in a simple way. Whether you want a fresh senior citizen passport or a re-issue, you can apply for the same quickly and easily. To learn more about the senior citizen passport India, application process, required documents, and more, just dive into this post. Have a glance!
Table of Contents
- Passport for Senior Citizen
- Who Can Apply for Senior Citizen Passport?
- Documents Required for Senior Citizen Passport
- How to Apply for Senior Citizen Passport in India?
Passport for Senior Citizen
Applying passport for senior citizens has become quite simple and quick in the highly developed technological era. An Indian Passport will be issued to senior citizens in a simple way considering their age and physical ability. Senior citizens don’t need to take a prior appointment at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra office for the passport application. They can directly walk into the PSK and apply for a senior citizen passport India by submitting some of the essential documents. After the document submission and printout of the online application form, the individuals need to go through a final police verification.
Once the verification is done, the concerned authorities will dispatch the passport to the registered address of the applicant. The applicants must be physically present at the Passport Seva Kendra for the passport application despite the senior citizens having the provision of walking into the office without an appointment. Even in the case of senior citizens, all the internal rules and regulations related to the passport application will be applicable to them. For senior citizens, the Government of India has given special provisions like visiting the PSK without any prior appointment. The concerned authorities will try to speed up the passport application procedure so that they don’t have to wait by standing in the long queues. No delay will be there during the passport application for senior citizens.
If you want to know the new passport requirements for senior citizens, just go through this article.
Who Can Apply for Senior Citizen Passport?
Here are some of the key guidelines that an individual must check to fulfill the requirements. Check out the eligibility criterion furnished below:
- An individual whose age is 65 years and above can apply for the Senior Citizen Passport.
- If you are a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, your age will vary. For men, the age should be 65 years and above. For women, the age should be 60 years for the passport application.
The aforementioned guideline will be applicable for the Jammu and Kashmir resident if you fall under the following categories:
- An individual who is born in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The permanent address of the applicant is in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The present address of the individual is in Jammu and Kashmir.
- However, these guidelines will not be applicable to the citizens of India who are from some other states and deployed to Jammu and Kashmir on official duty by the Indian Government.
Documents Required for Senior Citizen Passport
What are the documents required for a senior citizen passport? Well, there are certain important documents essential for a senior citizen to apply for an Indian Passport. Individuals seeking to apply for a senior citizen passport appointment India must submit some of the vital documents. The applicants must produce certain standard documents that prove their age, identity, address, etc. However, the list mentioned here is the basic one, and the concerned authorities at the Passport Office might ask you for some other documentation if required. To apply for a passport, you need to arrange and submit the following documents. Check the documents required for passport in India for senior citizens listed below:
For Proof of Address [Current Address]
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID or EC Photo ID Card
- Water Bill
- Gas Connection Proof
- Electricity Bill
- A Copy of Passbook of Bank Account comprising the applicant’s Photograph
- Telephone Bill
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Registered Rental Agreement
- Valid Certificate from Employer on Letter Head [From Reputed Companies]
For Proof of Date of Birth
- Birth Certificate
- Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate of the Applicant
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Election Photo ID Card
- Pension Order
- Standard Affidavit as per Annexure-I
- Verification Certificate as per Annexure F
- SC/ST/OBC Certificates
- Service Photo Identity Card issued by State and Central Government, PSUs, and other public limited companies
- Railway Identity Cards
- Bank Passbook/Post Office Passbook
How to Apply for Senior Citizen Passport in India?
To apply for passport for senior citizen, the individuals need to know the application procedure. The Passport Seva Kendra doesn’t issue special passports to senior citizens. If you meet the aforementioned eligibility criterion and arrange all the documents required for passport in India for senior citizens, you are good to go with the application procedure. Even the applicant is a senior citizen, the individual must and should visit the Passport Seva Kendra to apply for the passport. Make sure you carry all the necessary documents to the nearest PSK. Any other person cannot represent a senior citizen for the passport application. In this post, we explained the detailed guide on how to apply for a senior citizen passport India.
1. User Registration
- At first, visit the official website of Passport Seva Kendra.
- On the home page of the portal, you will find the button ‘New User Registration’ on the left-hand side of the page.
- On the next page, you need to fill in the vital details such as your name, date of birth, and email id in the given fields.
- Choose your nearest Passport Office location from the drop-down menu.
- Further, enter your new login id, and password. For confirmation, enter the password once again.
- Select your hint question and enter the hint answer. Lastly, enter the random characters displayed on the screen.
- Hit the ‘Register’ button.
- Once you have finished the registration on the official portal, you can then log into the website.
- Go to the portal and click the button ‘Existing User Login’.
- On the next page, enter the Login ID and hit the Continue button.
- Enter the Password in the provided field. Hit the Login button.
3. Apply for Fresh / Reissue Passport
- After successfully logging into the portal, you need to choose your option i.e., Fresh and Reissue.
- If you want to apply for a fresh senior citizen passport, choose the Fresh button.
- Select the ‘Tatkal’ option from the section ‘scheme type’.
4. Fill Details
- Fill in the application form with some of the vital details such as your name, age, address, mobile number, email id, etc.
- Choose your gender, marital status, citizenship details, and more.
- Select whether you are a retired employee or not from the provided options.
- Enter your Aadhaar details, PAN number, and Voter ID card number.
- Fill in your current residential address details in the given spaces and family details.
- You need to enter some other details based on the requirement.
5. Fee Payment
- Pay the stipulated fee to apply for the senior citizen passport online.
- Finish the payment process by filling in the valid details in the given fields.
- There is no need for the applicant to book an appointment at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra.
6. Payment Receipt
- Take a print-out of the online payment receipt.
- Also, take a hard copy of the application form online to submit the same at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra.
That’s all! This is an easy procedure to apply for passport renewal for senior citizens in India or a fresh passport application. If you want to directly walk into the nearest PSK for a passport application without a prior appointment, you must know the exact timings of the PSK.
Working Days: Monday – Friday
Working Hours: 9.30 AM – 4.30 PM
Token Issuance Timings: 9.30 AM – 4 PM
Lunch Hour: 1.30 PM – 2 PM
Holidays: Saturday and Sunday
Fees for Senior Citizens Passport
To apply for a senior citizen passport India, the applicants must pay some fees. Fee payment is necessary if you are seeking to apply for a fresh senior citizen passport. However, the amount that must be paid by the senior citizen for the passport application will be the same as any other adult. However, the passport application fee depends on the total number of pages you wish to have in your booklet. The fees for a passport for senior citizen also varies based on the type of scheme you select i.e., normal or tatkal. We curated the complete details regarding the Senior Citizen Passport Fees in the tabular form:
|NORMAL||36 pages||Rs. 1,500|
|NORMAL||60 pages||Rs. 2,000|
|TATKAL||36 pages||Rs. 3,500|
|TATKAL||60 pages||Rs. 4,000|
This is everything you need to know about the senior citizen passport India application procedure. We covered all the vital points that are essential for passport renewal for senior citizens in India. This guide includes the required documents for senior citizen passport appointment India. If you still have any doubts or queries, just ask us in the comments section. For related articles, visit our website frequently.