State Bank of India is the most popular and leading bank in the country. SBI offers a wide range of products and services to customers who own an account in the bank. A Credit Card is one of the significant products offered to bank customers who are seeking to utilize their money in virtual mode. In the current epoch, the usage of credit cards has become extremely prevalent with the rapid growth in technology. The SBI Credit Card apply process is pretty much simpler and easier. Through a credit card, SBI provides copious rewards, exclusive offers, and more for the transactions done by the customers. Credit Card features and benefits will suit the financial requirements of the current generation customers. With the highly impressive features offered by SBI Credit Cards, the customers can get low finance charges, minimal interest, and unique reward programs. Here is everything you need to know about the application procedure for SBI Credit Card apply online, and some other ways. Take a look!
Table of Contents
How to Apply SBI Credit Card?
Thinking about how to apply SBI Credit Card? If so, you have landed in the right place. At the time of shopping, dining, traveling, at petrol bunks, and more, you can use a credit card and carry out your transactions. In that case, there is no use of real money. All you need is a credit card through which you can swipe it and pay the bills and others. As a result, the customers can get several reward points, exclusive offers, discounts, cashback offers, and more through their daily expenditures. Some of the SBI Credit cards offer services to users at low-interest rates. The customers can quickly apply for a Credit Card online. Besides online, there are a few other ways to apply for an SBI Credit Card. It includes SBI mobile app, at the nearest bank branch, and more. In this post, we provided a detailed guide on how to apply SBI Credit Card online and offline. Check it out!
1. Apply SBI Credit Card Online Through SBI Card Website
State Bank of India maintains an official website to help the customers learn more about the products and services. Before heading to the application process of SBI Credit Card, the customers need to know the SBI Credit Card Eligibility details, required documents, and more. Checking the eligibility criteria information is highly important to SBI Credit Card apply online. The key factor is that you must be either a salaried or self-employed individual to apply for an SBI Credit Card in SBI. Some of the vital factors that must be considered at the time of applying for a credit card in SBI include age, credit score, documentation, and the annual income of the applicant. To apply for an SBI Credit Card online, you can visit the official SBI Card website. Follow the simple steps furnished below:
Step 1: Visit Website
- At first, go to the official website of the State Bank of India from your device i.e., at www.sbicard.com.
- On the official website of SBI Card, you can find the section i.e., SBI Cards.
- The customers can choose an SBI Card type based on their choice.
Step 2: Fill in the Application Form
- Once you select the type of SBI Credit Card, just click on the ‘Apply Now’ option.
- After tapping the option, you can find an application form.
- Fill in the crucial details in the application form such as the personal details, job information, income details, and more.
Step 3: Personal Details
- Enter your full name, email address, residential city, mobile number, and referral code [Optional] in the given fields.
- Once you fill in your mobile number, you need to tick the checkbox to accept the customer declaration. Hit the Next button.
- Your registered mobile number will receive an OTP. Enter the OTP in the provided field.
- After the OTP verification, you can tap the Next button.
Step 4: Professional Details
- Select your occupation i.e., Retired/Pensioner, Salaried and Self-Employed from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the name of the company, designation, and annual income in the given fields.
- Type your Office PIN Code, PAN Number, and Date of Birth in the provided fields.
- In case, you are a self-employed individual, you need to enter other crucial details.
- Hit the Next button.
Step 5: Current Residential Address
- Fill in your current residential address in the empty spaces.
- Enter your house address, city, state, and PIN Code in the given fields.
- Hit the Submit button.
Step 6: Check Eligibility
- Once you have submitted your details, you can check the eligibility to avail of the SBI credit card.
- Depending on your eligibility criteria, the bank will consider whether to approve a credit card or not.
Step 7: Documentation
- The customers seeking to apply for a credit card need to submit some of the vital documents.
- Just upload the required documents online.
- Hit the submit button.
- After submitting all the documents and the application form, you will get an acknowledgment in the form of a message to your registered mobile number.
- The acknowledgment message comprises an Application ID.
Step 8: Track Application Status
- Use the same ID to track your application status.
- You can easily track the status of your SBI Credit Card application using the Application ID anytime using your mobile.
- By tracking the status, you can learn when the bank will issue the credit card.
- After the verification process, SBI Credit Card approval will be done quickly.
That’s all! This is the complete procedure on how to apply SBI Credit Card online.
2. Apply SBI Credit Card Through YONO SBI App
SBI has launched a new mobile app to the customers i.e., the SBI YONO app. YONO is the acronym for ‘You Only Need One’. SBI has launched this digital banking and lifestyle mobile app to the customers. Through this app, customers can utilize a wide range of products and services. The customers can apply for credit cards, open an account, do online shopping, loans, and more. With this app, the customers can earn more about the SBI products and services. Another simple way to SBI Credit Card apply is through the YONO SBI app. Follow the simple steps given below to apply for SBI Credit Card via YONO SBI.
- Go to the app store and download the YONO SBI app.
- Install the app following the on-screen instructions.
- After the installation process, you can open the YONO SBI app.
- Log into your account using the crucial login credentials.
- You can find a list of options after logging into your account.
- Click on Cards >>Get a new SBI Credit Card.
- A list of Credit Card types will display on the screen.
- Choose an SBI Credit card based on your requirements and choice.
- You can view the features, benefits, privileges, charges, and fees for the selected Credit Card.
- You can then hit the Apply Now button.
- On the next screen, you need to select the city where you stay and hit the Proceed button.
- In case, your city isn’t in the dropdown menu, you need to contact the SBI Card helpline on 30020202. Make sure you prefix local STD code.
- Choose your State Bank of India saving account. By doing so, SBI will automatically fill in some of your details.
- Hit the button ‘I Agree’ to proceed with the application process.
- On the next screen, you need to fill in your personal and professional details such as your name, date of birth, gender, qualification, occupation, gross annual income, and more.
- Your registered mobile number will receive an OTP by tapping the ‘Send OTP’ button.
- Enter the OTP in the given space and hit the submit button.
- After successfully submitting the application, SBI will decide whether to approve the credit card or not considering your eligibility.
- SBI will send the credit card to the registered address if you are eligible.
This is the easy process to apply for SBI Credit Card through the YONO SBI app.
3. Apply SBI Credit Card By Visiting Nearest Branch
If you are not fully aware of the procedure on how to apply SBI Credit Card online or through the mobile app, you can utilize the offline procedure. Just visit the nearest bank branch to apply for the SBI Credit Card. You can meet the SBI Credit Card representative at the nearest branch. Tell your requirements and eligibility criteria to the executive. Based on your needs, the executive will suggest the best credit card. Further, you need to fill in all your details in the application form manually. Submit the application form alongside some of the essential documents. Some of the key documents include PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity Proof, Salary/Pay Slips, Address Proof, and more. The bank will check your details, documents and analyze whether you are eligible for card approval or not. The credit card issuers will issue your selected SBI Credit Card within a few working days.
These are the three different ways to apply for SBI Credit Card apply online lifetime free.
SBI Credit Card Application Status
Till now, you have seen different ways to apply for an SBI Credit Card online and offline. After the successful application process, your work is not yet finished. You can check the status of your credit card application easily. People who are not aware of the application tracking procedure, just go through this article.
- The customers can visit the official website of SBI Card i.e., at sbicard.com to check the status of their card application.
- On the home page of the website, you can find the option ‘Track your Application.’
- Enter the Application Reference Number in the given space.
- Hit the ‘Track’ button.
- In a few seconds, your application status will be displayed on the screen.
SBI Credit Card Apply Procedure FAQs
Despite knowing the different ways to apply for an SBI Credit Card, you might have a few doubts and queries about the application process. In this post, we furnished some of the frequently asked questions along with the answers. Check it out!
What is the minimum salary for SBI Credit Card?
The applicants' minimum salary to apply for an SBI Credit Card differs based on the type of credit card. In the case of a premium card, the salary requirement will be higher. The minimum salary to apply for a credit card in SBI is Rs. 2 lakh per annum.
How Should I Know Which SBI Card I Am Eligible For?
Check the basic eligibility criteria to know which SBI Card you are eligible for. It includes the applicant's age, occupation, annual income, CIBIL score, and nationality.
How many days will it take to get a new SBI credit card?
After the submission of the application form, the card will be issued within 21 working days. To know the status of your application, you can easily track it using the application ID.
Do I need another bank credit card to apply for SBI Card?
Even if you do not have another bank credit card, you can apply for an SBI Credit Card. The bank will ask the customer to provide information regarding your other credit or banking relationships based on the details you provide in the application form.
Can I use my SBI Credit card abroad?
Yes, the customers can use an SBI Credit Card abroad easily at a foreign currency markup fee. However, it will depend on the type of card used by the customer.
Well, this is everything you need to know about the procedure to apply for SBI Credit Card apply. Hopefully, this guide on how to apply SBI Credit Card online has given adequate information. If you still have any doubts or queries, just ask us in the comments section. Stay tuned to MoneyCompass to get more related articles on SBI Credit Card.