Using a credit card or debit card has become quite common either online or offline. Some people even have more than 1 credit/debit card and they use it for various reasons. Whenever you get a new credit card, you can generate the PIN all by yourself just like a debit card. SBI Credit Card PIN Generation can be done in different ways. In some cases, the users may forget their SBI Credit Card PIN. As a result, it becomes quite hard for people while withdrawing money and at the time of basic transactions. You might end up visiting the bank several times to generate the Credit Card PIN. To avoid such issues, the customers can learn how to change SBI Credit Card PIN easily. To help our readers, we have come up with an in-depth guide for SBI Credit Card PIN Change and Generation. Have a glance!
Table of Contents
- How to Generate SBI Credit Card PIN?
- Tips to Ensure Security of Your SBI Credit Card PIN
How to Generate SBI Credit Card PIN?
We are currently enjoying the highly advanced technological trends in today’s epoch. One can easily and quickly learn how to generate or change SBI Credit Card PIN right from their house or workplace. As most people use smartphones, the customers can change SBI Credit Card PIN through mobile app and many other ways. Here are five different ways on how to change SBI Credit Card PIN either online or offline. The customers can generate SBI Credit Card PIN online, chatbot ILA, ATM, and more. Get to know the simplest ways for SBI Credit Card PIN generation first time through this post. Check it out!
1. Generate SBI Credit Card PIN Online through SBI Card Website
Customers can do SBI credit card PIN generation online i.e., through the official SBI Card Website. Follow the simple steps given below to generate an SBI Credit Card PIN through the website.
- First of all, go to the official website of SBI.
- On the home page of the website, the customers can find the login page.
- Enter the vital login credentials in the given fields and log into your online bank account.
- Once you have logged into the website, you can click on the tab ‘My Account’ displayed on the left-hand side menu.
- Hit the option ‘Manage Pin’.
- You can choose the card for which you need to change the PIN.
- Hit the option ‘Generate OTP.’
- You will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- You can enter the NEW PIN based on your choice twice for verification purposes.
- Hit the Submit button.
That’s all! This is the easy way for the customers to do SBI credit card PIN generation online.
2. Generate SBI Credit Card PIN through Chatbot ILA
ILA is an interactive live assistant that helps customers to clear their doubts and queries regarding SBI products and services. ILA will give precise answers to your questions through the chatbot. If you want to learn how to generate SBI Credit Card PIN, you can simply do it through the chatbot ILA. Here is the detailed procedure. Check it out!
- Visit the official website of SBI from your device.
- On the home page of the website, you can find the ‘Ask ILA’ at the bottom of the screen.
- You can find different options in the chatbot.
- Select the ‘Login’ option and enter the required details in the given space.
- Enter the User ID and Password.
- You can then ask ‘How do I generate transaction PIN for my credit card.’
- Hit the option ‘Update PIN’.
- You can then enter OTP and hit the Submit button.
- Further, enter the new PIN twice and click on ‘Update PIN’.
That’s all! This is the easy way to generate SBI Card PIN through the chatbot ILA.
3. Change SBI Credit Card PIN through Mobile App
Thinking about how to change SBI Credit Card PIN? If you are not fully aware of the procedure to change your SBI Credit Card PIN, this guide will help you. The customers can change the PIN through the mobile app. SBI Card mobile app helps the customers to change the PIN in case you forgot SBI Credit Card PIN. Check it out!
- First of all, download the SBI Card mobile app on your device.
- Once you have finished the installation procedure, you can then log into the app.
- Navigate to the ‘Service Requests’ option.
- Tap on the option ‘Manage PIN’.
- Choose the credit card for which you need to change the PIN.
- You can then hit the option ‘Generate OTP.’
- Your registered mobile number will get an OTP.
- Enter the same in the given space.
- Further, it asks you to enter a new PIN based on your choice.
- Click the Submit button.
4. Change SBI Credit Card PIN through IVR Options
IVR is another way through which the customers can change SBI Credit Card PIN. The Interactive Voice Response [IVR] option helps the customers to change the credit card PIN easily. All you need to do is make an IVR call to the following numbers.
IVR numbers: 1860 180 1290 or (STD Code) 39 02 02 02.
- After calling the aforementioned IVR number, you can follow the instructions as given below:
- Choose option ‘6’.
- You can give the SBI Credit Card Number, Date of Birth in ‘DD MM YYYY’ format, and the expiry date of your Credit Card in MM YY format.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- OTP will also be received at his/her email address.
- Enter the new 4-digit PIN.
- For verification and confirmation, enter the PIN twice.
- You will then receive a confirmation message on the IVR stating that the PIN has been changed successfully.
5. Generate SBI Credit Card PIN through ATM
Another simple way to generate an SBI Credit Card PIN is at the ATM.
- Just visit the nearest SBI ATM.
- Insert your credit card in the SBI ATM.
- Select your preferred language.
- Select the option ‘Create PIN using OTP’ from the given options on the screen.
- Once you tap the option, you will receive a ‘One-Time Password’ to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP.
- You can then enter a 4-digit PIN based on your choice.
- Re-enter the PIN and tap the Submit button.
- SBI will further send a message confirming that the credit card PIN has been generated successfully.
This way, you can generate SBI Credit Card Pin through ATM.
All these are the different ways that help people in SBI credit card PIN generation online and offline. If you find any issue while generating the PIN through any of the given ways, just ask us in the comments space.
Tips to Ensure Security of Your SBI Credit Card PIN
At the time of generating an SBI Credit Card PIN, the customers need to keep in mind some of the safety precautions. Here are some of the tips to ensure the security of your SBI Credit Card PIN. Check it out!
- The most important point is that you should never write down your Credit Card PIN on your credit card or paper during the PIN generation process.
- make sure that the websites on which you carry out the online transactions are highly secure. The websites that begin with the domain ‘https’ are considered secure and authentic.
- Don’t share your credit card information via SMS, email, and other services.
- Make sure you don’t share your credit card information on merchant websites.
- A Credit Card must be swiped in your presence whenever you want to pay your bill at a shopping mall, market, etc. This way, you can evade the chances of duplicating your information on the card through a skimming device. This helps you avoid any sort of fraudulent activity.
- Every month, you need to ensure that you check the credit card information on the monthly statement so that you can understand whether your money is being misused or undergoing fraudulent activity.
These are some of the safety precautions that every individual or cardholder must follow while generating an SBI Credit Card PIN or changing the PIN online or offline.
Well, this is everything you need to know about the SBI credit card PIN generation process. We hope this guide has given enough information on how to generate SBI credit card PIN. If you still have any doubts or queries about the PIN generation or changing SBI Credit Card PIN, just ask us in the comments section. Stay tuned to this website to get more information on SBI Credit Card, and more. For related posts, visit this website frequently.