Planning to apply for an SBI Credit Card? If so, you need to check few things before applying for a new SBI Credit Card. One of the major things that an individual must consider before accessing a credit card is to check the SBI Credit Card Eligibility. Regardless of the type of credit card you want to apply for, you need to check the SBI credit card eligibility criteria. State Bank of India is the leading bank in India that offers an extensive range of credit card services to customers. A wide range of credit card types is offered to the customers at reasonable interest rates. Check the basic eligibility criteria of salaried and non-salaried individuals to get a new SBI Credit Card. To understand how to check SBI credit card eligibility, just go through this post.
Table of Contents
- SBI Credit Card Eligibility
- Factors Affecting SBI Credit Card Eligibility
- Documents Required for SBI Credit Card
- Types of Credit Cards Offered by SBI
- SBI Credit Card Eligibility Related FAQs
SBI Credit Card Eligibility
Each credit card has different eligibility criteria offered by SBI to the customers. A wide variety of SBI Credit cards are offered to users to fulfill different lifestyle categories. The key categories in credit cards include shopping, cashback, business card, travel, lifetime free card, entertainment, lifestyle card, and rewards card. Considering the basic expenditure customs of the customers, SBI Card issuers provide different types of credit cards. In the form of rewards and exclusive offers, the customers can save a huge amount in any category of the SBI Credit Card.SBI card eligibility will be different for salaried employees, non-salaried individuals/self-employed, students, and others. Based on certain factors, credit card issuers will offer credit cards to users. It includes the applicant’s age, income, credit profile, and more. To utilize the impressive benefits and attractive offers through an SBI Credit Card, just make sure to check the SBI credit card apply eligibility.
1. SBI Credit Card Eligibility Criteria for Salaried Professionals
If you are a salaried employee, just check the eligibility criteria to apply for the SBI credit card eligibility minimum salary. Check the eligibility details given below:
- The applicant must be an Indian Resident.
- The age limit of the applicant must range between 18 and 65 years.
- As a salaried employee, the applicant must have a fixed income source.
- Applicant’s CIBIL score must be above 750.
- The minimum annual income of the individual must be Rs. 2 Lakhs.
- Must submit last 3 months’ salary slip of the employee (or) attach bank statement showing salary deposit for 3 consecutive months.
- Other documentation includes a valid identity, proof of age, income, and address proof.
This is the basic eligibility criterion for salaried employees who want to apply for eligibility to get SBI credit card.
2. SBI Card Eligibility Criteria for Self Employed Professionals
To know the SBI credit card eligibility criteria for self-employed professionals, just check this detailed post.
- Applicant’s minimum age must be 21 years and the maximum age must be 60 years. However, the age limit of the add-on credit card holder must be 18 years and above.
- The applicant must be a resident of India.
- Applicant must show proof of regular source of income in case of a self-employed individual handling their own business.
- Individuals must have a fixed annual income of Rs. 3 Lakhs.
- Applicants must maintain a decent credit score to fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Must submit some of the key documents like identity proof, age, income, address, and other important documents related to your business.
3. SBI Credit Card Eligibility Criteria for Students
Credit Cards are also issued to the students who are seeking to apply for higher studies or education loans. The basic eligibility criteria for students to apply for an SBI Credit Card is furnished below:
- Individual must be a resident of India.
- Applicant’s age must be above 18 years.
- Applicant’s bank account must have a fixed deposit amount of Rs. 25000 or more. Based on the fixed deposit, the bank will set the credit limit.
- The student needs to submit his/her PAN card, proof of age, college enrolment proof, and other important KYC complaint documents.
Factors Affecting SBI Credit Card Eligibility
There are a plethora of factors that show an impact on the SBI Credit Card Eligibility criteria. However, the eligibility criteria for different credit cards will vary from one credit card to another. To get approval for an SBI Credit Card [any type of card], certain factors play a vital role. Some of the significant factors include the following:
1. Applicant’s Income
The income of the applicant also plays a significant role at the time of applying for an SBI Credit Card. With this proof, you can pay your SBI Credit Card bill. On the other hand, individuals can get an SBI Credit Card against a fixed deposit in the same bank.
2. Nationality of the Applicant
Applicant must and should be a resident of India or Non-Resident Indian. Make sure that your residential address is not on the black-list to apply for an SBI Credit Card. Some of the cities and remote areas are present in India are not served by SBI card issuers.
3. Age of the Applicant
The age of the applicant is another important factor that affects SBI Credit Card eligibility criteria. The usage of a credit card is a massive responsibility for an individual. One can maintain a credit card only if they have a fixed source of income as mentioned already. Hence, age plays a key role while applying for a credit card. A specific age limit has been fixed by the card issuers considering the individual’s steady source of income. Considering a regular and proper payment of credit card bills every month, SBI and other banks are highly specific about the age factor.
4. Individual’s Credit Profile
A credit profile comprises the credit score and credit history of an individual. If you maintain the credit history pretty well, it leads to a decent credit score. Moreover, it also enhances the chances of getting credit card approval. An individual’s credit score must range between 750 and above to maintain a good credit history. In that case, the lender will be highly inclined towards approving a credit card for the applicant.
5. Applicant’s Job Stability
Most banks issue a credit card to an individual based on his/her regular source of income. Considering the probability of the individual paying the monthly credit card bills regularly, and checking whether they can repay it on time, the banks will issue the credit card. Hence, job stability is highly important and considered as one of the key factors. If you are an individual who switches jobs every 6 months or 1 year, it would become a risky thing. The lenders are most likely to approve a credit card for those who have remained in a job for more than a year.
6. Number of Credit Enquiries
The number of Credit Enquiries is considered another vital factor related to the credit profile. Whenever you apply for a credit card or a loan, it directs to a hard enquiry on your credit card report. In such a case, it affects your credit score. Hence, it is highly recommended not to apply for multiple loans or credit cards at the same time. An individual who applied for multiple loans and credit cards at a time is considered greedy by the credit card issuers. As a result, there are higher chances of credit card declination.
Documents Required for SBI Credit Card
Here is the complete list of documents required for different types of SBI Credit Cards. Besides the duly filled application form, the individuals must submit some other vital documents listed below:
For Proof of Income
- Latest 2/3 Months Salary Slips
- Latest Form 16
- Last 3 Months Bank Statement
For Proof of Identity
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Voter ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Overseas Citizen of India Card
- Job card issued by NREGA
- Person of Indian Origin Card
For Proof of Address
- Aadhaar Card
- Ration Card
- Driver’s License
- Latest Utility Bill [Not more than 3 months old]
- Bank Account Statement/ Address proof approved by any other government
- Job Card
Apart from the aforementioned documents, SBI may ask the applicants for some other documents following its internal policies.
Types of Credit Cards Offered by SBI
SBI Card offers a variety of credit cards to individuals in different categories. Based on the categories, SBI Card has divided the credit cards into different types. It includes the following:
- Business Card
- Cashback Card
- Shopping Card
- Travel Card
- Entertainment Card
- Life Time Free Card
- Lifestyle Card
- Rewards Card
Some of the credit card types are listed below:
- SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card
- SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
- SBI Card PRIME
- SBI Card ELITE
- Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card
- Air India SBI Signature Credit Card
- BPCL SBI Card
- Club Vistara SBI Card
- Club Vistara SBI Card PRIME
- Etihad Guest SBI Credit Card
- IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card
- IRCTC SBI Premier Credit Card
- SBI StyleUP Contactless Credit Card
- Yatra SBI Card
SBI Credit Card Eligibility Related FAQs
People who are seeking to apply for an SBI credit card must know the eligibility to get SBI credit card. This post has completely explained the SBI Card eligibility criteria for self-employed, salaried, and students. If you still have any doubts or queries, just go through the frequently asked questions and answers furnished below. Check it out!
- What is the maximum limit of an SBI credit card?
The maximum credit limit of an SBI Credit Card depends on the type of card of an individual.
- What is a good credit score to get SBI credit card?
To get an SBI Credit Card, the applicants must maintain a good credit score of 750 and above. If you have a high CIBIL score, the bank will approve your credit card application at a rapid pace.
- What is the minimum salary to get SBI credit card?
The minimum annual salary to get an SBI Credit Card is Rs. 2 Lakhs.
Well, this is everything you need to know about the SBI credit card eligibility information. We assume this guide on how to check SBI credit card eligibility has given adequate information for the salaried, self-employed individuals and students. If you have any other doubts and queries about the eligibility details to apply for an SBI credit card, just ask us in the comments section. For more related posts, visit our website frequently.