Wondering how to book an appointment at PSK? PSK is an acronym for the Passport Seva Kendra. The Government of India has set up several Passport Seva Kendra centers across different parts of the nation to render copious passport Seva services to Indian citizens. The Ministry of External Affairs [MEA] holds the responsibility of a passport issuance to the citizens of India through the nearby passport offices in India.
A Passport is an official travel document issued to the citizens of India who are planning to visit abroad for various valid reasons. Individuals can easily apply for the Indian Passport either online or offline. Once the applicants apply for the Passport, they need to schedule an appointment on the official website of Passport Seva Portal. To enhance the administration services of various passport offices, the Passport Seva has come up with a plethora of measures.
One of the major measures taken by the Passport Seva authority is to improve the security, convenience, and transparency whilst passport issuance. Before visiting the PSK, the passport applicants must and should finish the online application payment. Get to know more information about the Passport Seva Kendra Appointment procedure, helpline counters, timings of the PSKs, and more. Take a look!
Table of Contents
Passport Seva Kendra
A Passport is a significant document issued to individuals seeking to visit different countries globally without any hassle. A Passport also acts as an identity of the individual at the time of travelling abroad. Passport applicants need to carry some of the vital documents prior to visiting the Passport Seva Kendra. The concerned authorities will carry out the document verification process of the applicants on a scheduled date and time.
During the passport application, the applicants need to fill in the crucial details in the application form either online or offline. The applicants will be prompted to pay the application fee and schedule an appointment through the official website. The individuals need to choose a nearby Passport Seva Kendra center to book an appointment for the application verification.
It is mandatory to schedule an appointment on the convenient date and time of the applicant. Individuals can finish the payment through net banking, credit or debit card, or SBI Challan payment. Once the payment is done, the applicants will be redirected to schedule an appointment at the nearby PSK by choosing a convenient date and time. This article explains the procedure of the Passport Seva Kendra Online Appointment, PSK Counters, timings, and more. Check it out!
Passport Seva Kendra Appointment
The applicants need to fill in the crucial information in the given fields on the application form online or offline. The detailed procedure on how to submit the application form online and check the Passport Seva Kendra Online Appointment availability has been explained in the post. Read on!
- First of all, go to the official website of Passport Seva Portal from your device.
- On the home page of the website, you can find the ‘Register Now’ button in the case of new applicants. Such applicants must fill in the details and finish the registration procedure.
- In the case of existing users, a login page displays on the screen. By entering the user id and password, the applicants can log into the portal.
- Tap on the link ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport‘.
- Enter valid details in the application form and submit the same online.
- Further, you need to navigate to the button ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’.
- Just click on the button ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’. On the next page, you will be prompted to choose a relevant date for document verification at the PSK.
- Before selecting the date and time, get to know the Passport Seva Kendra Timings.
- Take a printout of the application receipt for further reference purposes.
- The receipt comprises the Application Reference Number [ARN].
- Go to the nearby Passport Seva Kendra or the Regional Passport Office on the scheduled date and time.
- Submit all the relevant documents and wait until the passport officials finish the verification process.
- The applicants can easily track their application status using the ARN on the official website.
That’s alL! This is the easy procedure to apply for a passport and book a Passport Seva Kendra Online Appointment.
To check the availability of the appointment dates at the Passport Seva Kendra, the applicants need to visit the official portal of PSK.
- Go to the official website of Passport Seva Portal.
- Choose the preferred nearby passport office in your region from the drop-down menu.
- Just enter the Captcha code in the provided field.
- Hitt the button ‘Check Appointment Availability’.
- The applicants can check whether there is availability or not on the next page.
- Make sure you carry the required documents and the form to the PSK on the scheduled date and time.
Passport Seva Kendra Counters
Every Passport Seva Kendra has a total of 3 counters. PSK Counter A, Counter B, and Counter C. Each counter-serve a variety of needs to the passport applicants. Get to know more about each counter at the Passport Seva Kendra.
PSK Counter A
- Once your token number is displayed on the monitor, you need to enter the Counter A booth.
- All your documents will be checked at this booth. After checking them, the irrelevant documents will be returned to the applicant. The relevant documents will be uploaded to the Passport Seva Portal.
- The officials will give a printout of the application comprising your details for your reviewing purposes.
- Sign the same and the officials will upload the verified details of the applicant.
PSK Counter B
- Go to counter B after your token number is displayed on the screen.
- All your original documents will be verified by the concerned authorities at Counter B.
PSK Counter C
- At this counter, the officials will either approve or deny your passport application.
- If you receive a ‘Granted’ Status then, it indicates that your passport has been approved.
- Police verification status will be checked at this counter. Based on the police verification status, the passport will be granted to the applicant. i.e., No Police Verification or After Police Verification.
The individual will get an Acknowledgement Letter from the Exit Counter. The applicant must safeguard the acknowledgment letter as it can be further utilized to track the passport application status. In case, the police verification status says ‘Pre Police Verification,’ the passport will be printed and given to the applicant only after submitting a police report. For more doubts and queries regarding the Passport application, applicants can contact the Passport Seva Kendra Helpline numbers.
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about Passport Seva Kendra. We hope this guide has given adequate information about the Passport Seva Kendra Online Appointment, timings of the PSKs, and more. If you still have any doubts about the PSK appointment, stay in touch with this website. Visit our website MoneyCompass for more related posts on passports, Indian Passport Appointment availability, issuance, and more.