Have you recently opened a new Bank Account in SBI? If so, you might have received the SBI Debit Card or ATM through the post to your address. Though we have been shifting gradually to digital transactions, we still prefer the traditional way of cash withdrawal using an ATM or Debit Card. To withdraw cash, check account balance, get mini statements, etc., at the nearest SBI ATM, you require a PIN. Soon after receiving your SBI ATM Card the first thing you must do is SBI ATM PIN Generation. Once you’re done with the Debit Card PIN Generation, you can initiate all sorts of transactions using your SBI ATM Card. Wondering How To Generate SBI ATM PIN? Here’s an in-depth guide that helps you generate SBI ATM PIN in different ways. Have a glance!
Table of Contents
SBI ATM PIN Generation Procedure
SBI Debit Card PIN Generation can be done in a plethora of ways both online and offline. Mostly, SBI account holders try to generate their SBI ATM PIN when they open a fresh account in SBI bank and received a new Debit Card from the SBI authorities. After the issuance of the SBI Debit Card, the bank authorities will send a message to their registered mobile number regarding the Debit Card PIN Generation.
PIN Generation is highly important as it allows the cardholders to perform a variety of transactions like withdraw cash, check the total balance in the account, acquire mini statements, and more. An SBI ATM PIN is a 4-digit secret code that can be generated by the accountholders in different ways. Using this unique code, the cardholders can perform several secure transactions both online and offline.
Want to know How To Generate SBI ATM PIN? If so, you’re in the right place! Customers can generate their SBI ATM PIN [Personal Identification Number] by visiting the nearest ATM branch, calling customer care, through a net banking account, and SMS. In this article, we have explained 4 different ways to generate SBI ATM/Debit Card PIN. Take a look!
1. Generate SBI ATM PIN By Visiting SBI ATM
One of the most preferred methods of SBI Debit Card PIN Generation is by visiting the nearest SBI ATM branch. Follow the simple steps furnished below to learn How To Activate SBI Debit Card by generating the 4-digit unique PIN via the ATM. Check it out!
Step 1: Visit SBI ATM Center
- First of all, go to the nearby SBI ATM in your location.
- Place your SBI Debit Card in the right slot.
- A list of options will be shown on the screen.
Step 2: Select PIN Generation
- Select the option ‘PIN Generation’ from the available options.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter the 11-digit SBI Account Number.
- Using the keypad, just enter the account number.
- Click on the option ‘Confirm’.
Step 3: Provide Mobile Number
- Further, the system asks for your registered mobile number.
- Enter the mobile number that you have already registered with the SBI Bank and click on the ‘Confirm’ option.
- On the next screen, you can find a message stating ‘Dear Customer, State Bank appreciates you for the green initiative. The PIN shall be shortly delivered to your registered number on the success of your transaction’.
- Further, you need to click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
Step 4: Remove the Card & Collect Receipt
- On the screen, you can then find a message stating that ‘Transaction Complete’.
- Collect the receipt as well as the debit card from the respective slots.
- Your registered mobile number will get the Green PIN.
Step 5: Actual ATM PIN Generation
- You’re not done yet. Till now, you’ve gone through the steps to get the green PIN i.e., SBI Green PIN Generation.
- Generate the actual SBI ATM Card PIN using the green PIN that you’ve received on your mobile number.
- Once again, insert the SBI Debit Card in the slot.
- Choose the ‘Banking’ option
- Further, select your preferred language i.e., from the displayed options – English or Hindi.
- On the next screen, it prompts you to enter any number between 10 and 99. Enter any number and tap on the ‘Yes’ option.
- On the next screen, it asks you to enter your PIN.
- Enter the Green PIN that you received on your mobile number.
- Further, it asks you to choose the ‘Banking’ option for cash withdrawal. Choose the same.
- On the next screen, you need to select an option from the Select Transaction menu. Select the option ‘PIN Change’.
- Further, it asks you to enter your new PIN.
- Now, you need to enter a new 4-digit PIN of your preference.
- Enter the PIN once again for re-confirmation.
- Your transaction will be processed in a couple of seconds.
- At last, you can find a message stating ‘Transaction Complete’.
- ‘Your PIN has been changed successfully’ message will be shown on the screen.
- From now on, you can use the 4-digit PIN as your SBI Debit Card PIN to carry out all sorts of transactions at any ATM center, retail terminals, etc.
That’s all! This is the simple procedure that helps you understand How To Activate SBI ATM Card by visiting SBI ATM.
2. Generate SBI ATM PIN Through Net Banking
Exploring the SBI Debit Card PIN Generation Online? If you’re not aware of this procedure, just scroll down through this detailed step-by-step procedure. If you already have an SBI net banking account then, you can easily generate SBI ATM PIN through net banking. Check it out!
- First of all, visit the official website of SBI i.e., onlinesbi.com.
- On the next page, select the ‘Login’ option under the Personal Banking section.
- On the next screen, it prompts you to ‘Continue to Login’. Click on the same.
- Enter your Username and Password in the given fields.
- Enter the random Captcha Code as shown on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button.
- You will then land on the dashboard wherein you need to navigate to the tab ‘e-Services’.
- Hover the mouse on this tab and a slew of options will be shown.
- From the drop-down menu, select the option ‘ATM Card Services’.
- On the next screen, you can find a list of ATM Card Services.
- From the given options, select the option ‘ATM PIN Generation.’
- Further, you will be asked to select the mode to validate. The two options include ‘Using One Time Password’ and ‘Using Profile Password.’
- Select the option ‘Using OTP.’ In case, you remember your profile password, you can proceed with that option as well.
- On the next screen, you must enter the One Time Password that will be sent to your registered mobile number. After entering the OTP, click on the Submit button.
- On the next screen, all your account details will be shown on the screen.
- The details include your SBI Account Number, Account Type, and Branch.
- Your selected account number will be shown on the screen.
- If it is accurate then, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Further, it prompts you to select the card that you wish to change your PIN Number.
- If you want to know How To Change SBI ATM PIN, just continue reading.
- Now, select the card number by choosing the radio button.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to Enter the First Two Digits of your Desired PIN.
- The remaining two digits will be sent to your registered mobile number in the form of an SMS.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter the 4 digits of your New PIN. It means, entering the 2 digits that you have entered in the previous step followed by the 2 digits that you received on your mobile through SMS.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- On the next screen, you can view a message stating ‘New ATM PIN Number has been updated successfully. In case of PIN is generated for a New ATM Card, kindly perform your first transaction at any State Bank Group ATMs for activation.
That’s all! This is the simple procedure for SBI ATM PIN Generation Online i.e., through net banking.
3. Generate SBI Debit Card PIN By Calling SBI Customer Care
Another option to generate SBI Debit Card PIN is by calling the SBI Customer Care Helpline Number. Follow the easy steps furnished below:
SBI Toll-Free Customer Care Numbers : 1800 11 22 11/ 1800 425 3800, 080-26599990
- Firstly, call any of the aforementioned SBI Toll-Free Customer Care Numbers from your registered mobile number.
- Just follow the instructions over the call and select the option ‘ATM and Prepaid Card Services’.
- For SBI Green PIN Generation, select ‘1’.
- Further, you will be prompted to provide your SBI Debit Card Number. Enter the same and confirm by entering the relevant option.
- Enter your SBI Account Number associated with your Debit Card and confirm the same.
- After confirming all the aforementioned details, you will get an SMS on your registered mobile number. The SMS comprises One Time PIN [OTP] and it will be valid for only 2 days.
- In the meantime, you must visit the nearest SBI ATM center to generate your Debit Card PIN.
That’s all! This is the easy procedure to generate SBI Debit PIN by calling the Customer Care Number.
4. Generate SBI ATM PIN By Sending SMS
Wondering How To Activate SBI Debit Card through SMS? Another alternative to generating SBI ATM PIN is by sending an SMS. SBI account holders can easily generate Green PIN by sending a simple SMS from the registered mobile number. Here’s the SMS format:
SMS PIN XXXX YYYY [wherein XXXX represents the last four digits of the Debit Card Number and YYYY denotes the last 4 digits of the SBI bank account number linked to your SBI ATM Card.
Send this SMS to 567676
After sending this SMS, you will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number. This OTP will be valid for 2 days. During this period, the customers must visit the nearest SBI ATM to generate a debit card PIN. To understand SBI Debit Card PIN Generation at ATM, check the first method.
That’s all! These are the 4 different ways for SBI Debit Card PIN Generation Online and offline.
SBI Green PIN Initiative
State Bank of India has launched the exclusive SBI Green PIN initiative to help its customers generate their SBI Debit Card PINs in a simple and hassle-free procedure. As part of the Green PIN initiative, the bank allows its customers generate a digital PIN. The traditional method is that the bank used to send the SBI Debit Card alongside the PIN on a paper confidentially. To reduce the usage of paper, the State Bank of India has rolled out this Green PIN Initiative. Through this Green PIN, the SBI cardholders can easily generate their ATM PINs without much difficulty. Through this initiative, the bank can reduce its carbon footprint which eventually diminishes the paper cost for the bank.
Through this green PIN initiative, there are a wide array of benefits for both the bank staff as well as the customers. Sometimes, the postal delivery of the Debit Card may get delayed. The corresponding bank employees must safeguard the confidential ATM PINs carefully. In case, the PIN mailer is broken or tampered with at the time of the delivery, banks must send a new Debit Card PIN. SBI bank must pay additional postal charges and stationary prices in case of using the traditional way of sending Debit Cards and PINs through the post.
Considering all these reasons, SBI Green PIN Initiative is an excellent feature that saves time and money for the banks as well as the SBI customers.
Through this article, we have explained different methods for SBI ATM PIN Generation Online and SBI Green PIN Generation. If you still have any queries regarding this topic, you can check the frequently asked questions and answers furnished below.
- 1. How Do I Activate My Debit Card After I Get My PIN?
After receiving the PIN, you can navigate to e-Services >> ATM Card Services >> New ATM Card Activation online for card activation. You can activate your SBI Debit Card by carrying out the first transaction at the nearest SBI ATM.
- 2. Can I Generate SBI ATM PIN Online Without Visiting The Bank?
Yes, you can easily generate SBI ATM PIN without visiting the bank either online or offline i.e., through SBI net banking account or by sending an SMS.
- 3. Can I Use My SBI Debit Card Before Activating?
No, you cannot use your SBI Debit Card before the card activation. You must generate the green PIN first and later generate the actual 4-digit PIN to initiate card transactions.
- 4. Why Is It Called A Green PIN?
State Bank of India has launched the green initiative to go paperless. That's the reason, this initiative is known as Green PIN. Previously, SBI used to provide PINs to its cardholder printed on paper and sent them to the registered address of the customer alongside the debit card. To save paper, SBI has come up with this green PIN initiative.
- 5. Can I Change My SBI Debit Card PIN After Generation?
Yes, you can change your SBI Debit Card PIN even after the PIN generation.
These are the frequently asked questions and precise answers that most people may have related to SBI ATM PIN Generation.
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about the SBI ATM PIN Generation. We hope this article has helped you understand How To Generate SBI ATM PIN in 4 different ways. If you still have any doubts or queries regarding this post, let us know in the comments section. We will try to answer all your queries as soon as possible. Visit our website MoneyCompass for more SBI-related articles, SBI Debit Card types, SBI Reward Points, and more.