Where can I find CIF Number SBI? If you are seeking to find out the CIF Number on your SBI bank passbook then, you are in the right place. But, before that, you must have some knowledge about the CIF Number. What is a CIF Number SBI Bank? This guide gives you a clear explanation of the CIF Number, how to find the CIF Number and more. State Bank of India is one of the leading public sector banks in India that offers a myriad of banking services and financial products to customers.
With the help of the banking services, the account holders can easily change mobile number, change address in the SBI account, block SBI ATM Card, and more. Just like providing access to the aforementioned services, SBI bank provides a plethora of methods on how to get CIF number of SBI. Each account holder has a unique CIF number that includes the vital KYC account information in digital format.
Customer Information File [CIF] is a unique digital format number that holds crucial banking details of the account holder. To understand everything about the CIF Number in the SBI bank account, just go through this detailed article. This guide also explains the procedure how to get CIF Number of SBI in multiple ways. Have a glimpse!
Table of Contents
- What is CIF Number in SBI?
- How to Get CIF Number of SBI Account?
- CIF Number FAQs
What is CIF Number in SBI?
What is a CIF Number in SBI account? CIF Number is an acronym for the Customer Information File. CIF is a unique number issued to every account holder of SBI that stores the KYC information [personal and bank account details]. SBI banking authorities will store the crucial KYC account information of the account holders digitally in the bank records.
A CIF Number is an 11-digit unique numeric code digitally that holds important information such as the personal information of the account holder, address proof, account types, customer loans, Demat accounts, identification details of the customer, photo ID proof, balance, transaction history, and more. Once a new bank account is opened, a unique CIF number will be given to the account holders. If in case, you have multiple bank accounts in SBI then, the CIF Number will remain the same for all your accounts.
Using the CIF Number, the concerned bank personnel will be able to view the account holders’ vital information to a specific bank account all in one place. In general, the CIF Number will be displayed on the first page of the CIF number SBI bank passbook. Besides the account number and the account holder’s name printed on the SBI bank account passbook, you can also find the CIF Number on the same page.
How to Get CIF Number of SBI Account?
Wondering how to get CIF Number of SBI? Well, we have a variety of ways to get the CIF Number of the SBI bank account both online and offline. If you are seeking to find the CIF Number of your SBI bank account then, you can visit your net banking account. The most basic way to find CIF Number SBI bank is just by looking at the passbook of your bank account.
Besides this, there are several other methods to get CIF number of SBI i.e., through net banking, YONO SBI mobile app, customer care service, and by visiting the bank branch. Just go through this detailed guide on how to get CIF Number of SBI through 5 different methods. Take a look!
How to Find Your SBI Account CIF Number Printed on Passbook?
State Bank of India provides a passbook to the account holder upon opening a fresh bank account at the nearest bank branch. The concerned bank executives will provide a welcome kit to the account holders once the bank has approved your fresh SBI savings account. The welcome kit comprises SBI ATM Debit Card. The account holder also receives a passbook for the new savings account.
One can find the crucial information of the account holder on the bank passbook. The account holder’s name, account number, IFSC Code, branch name, branch address, phone number, email id, date of issue, branch code, and more will be printed on the SBI account passbook. Apart from this, you can also find the CIF number SBI bank passbook. You can find the CIF Number printed on the first page of the passbook i.e., at the top left corner of the page.
How to Get Your SBI Account CIF Number through Net Banking?
What if you don’t have a passbook? Don’t worry! Even if you don’t have an SBI bank passbook, you can access a wide variety of methods offered by SBI authorities to its customers. NetBanking is one of the noteworthy methods that help the account holders to access the CIF Number SBI bank. In the current technological era, the SBI bank has been offering copious digital banking services to its customers.
SBI provides internet banking access to the account holders to get a quick view of their account information. For that, you need to follow the simple steps furnished below. Go through this article on How to get CIF number of SBI through the net banking account. Check it out!
- First of all, visit the official website of SBI from your device i.e., at onlinesbi.com.
- On the home page of the website, just click on the ‘Login’ button.
- On the next page, you will be prompted to tap the button ‘Continue to Login’.
- Further, you need to enter the crucial login credentials such as the User ID and Password.
- After filling in the login details in the provided fields, hit the Login button.
- You will be landed on the dashboard of your SBI net banking account.
- Navigate to the tab ‘My Accounts & Profile’.
- A series of options will be shown in the drop-down menu.
- From the list of options, you need to click on the ‘account summary’ option.
- On the same page, you will find ‘Transaction Accounts’ details.
- Your account number, account name, branch, and available balance information will be shown on the screen.
- Further, click on the link ‘View Nomination and PAN Details.’
- On the next screen, it shows your account number, and CIF Number and also shows whether a nominee is registered on that particular bank account or not.
- This way, you can easily view your CIF number SBI bank through SBI net banking.
That’s all! This is the simple procedure on how to get CIF number of SBI through the net banking account.
How to Get Your SBI Account CIF Number through YONO SBI?
YONO SBI is an exceptional mobile app designed to simplify the banking services accessed by customers. Using this integrated digital banking mobile app, you can easily access a wide range of financial and banking services such as bill payments, flight/train bookings, online shopping, and much more.
The CIF number can also be accessed by the customers by using the SBI YONO app. Even without having a passbook right at that moment, you can find the CIF Number on the SBI YONO app. Here is a detailed procedure on how to access the SBI account CIF Number via YONO SBI mobile app.
- First of all, download the YONO SBI app on your mobile phone.
- Finish the installation procedure of the mobile app by following the on-screen instructions.
- Launch the app on your phone and register as a new user.
- If you had already registered on the YONO SBI app, you can proceed to find your CIF Number.
- Log into your SBI account through the YONI SBI app using the vital login credentials.
- On the home page of the screen, you can find the option ‘Services’ at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, a lineup of all the banking services offered to the customers will be shown on the screen.
- Scroll down through the screen and hit the option ‘Online Nomination.’
- Further, you must choose the account type i.e., Transaction Account from the drop-down menu.
- Select the account number from the list of options displayed in the drop-down menu.
- In the next fields, you can find the SBI Account Number and CIF number.
This is the easy procedure to access CIF Number SBI through the YONO SBI mobile app.
How to Get CIF Number of your SBI Account via Customer Care?
If you don’t have access to any of the aforementioned ways, you can still get the CIF Number by calling the SBI bank’s customer care service support. Check it out!
- Call any of the below-mentioned SBI Customer Care Toll-Free Numbers to find your CIF number SBI bank.
- 1800 425 3800
- 1800 11 2211
- Call any of the toll-free numbers mentioned earlier in this post.
- Once the call gets connected, you must select your preferred language in which you wish to communicate with the corresponding SBI customer care representative.
- When the representative confirms your identity, you can ask for your account’s CIF Number.
- Whenever the concerned customer care executive asks for your identity details, make sure you keep your bank passbook handy.
- After the completion of the identity verification, the concerned customer care executive will provide you with the CIF Number.
Acquiring customer care support is one of the best ways to evade visiting the bank branch. This is the simple procedure to get a CIF Number via the customer care service.
How to Get Your SBI Account CIF Number by Visiting Branch?
If you don’t want to access any of the methods as explained previously, you can simply visit the bank branch in your region. If you find it difficult in utilizing the aforementioned methods, you can visit the bank branch to get the CIF Number.
- For that, you must visit the nearest SBI branch in your location.
- Make sure you carry your bank account passbook along with you whilst visiting the branch.
- Navigate to the corresponding executive at the bank branch.
- The concerned authorities will ask for your personal information such as your bank account number, account name, and others as part of the identity verification process.
- Once they find that the identity information that you shared with the executive is correct, they will provide your CIF Number.
- This is considered the offline mode of accessing the CIF Number from the bank branch.
These are the 5 different ways to access the CIF number SBI bank through online and offline modes. If you are seeking How to get CIF number of SBI through SMS then, just know that there is no such method available to the customers.
CIF Number FAQs
Do you still have any queries about this topic? If so, you can check the frequently asked questions and answers furnished below in this post. Even after providing in-depth information about the CIF Number of SBI account, some people might have doubts in some areas. To clarify all your doubts, we mentioned a few FAQs in this post. Check it out!
Can I Get SBI CIF Number Without a Passbook?
Yes, you can easily get an SBI CIF Number without a passbook. You can access 4 different methods i.e., through net banking, bank branch, customer care service, and the YONO Mobile app to get CIF number.
How to Get the CIF Number of SBI through SMS?
No, one cannot get their respective CIF Numbers through SMS. SBI doesn’t provide the facility of accessing the CIF Number through SMS.
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about the CIF number SBI. We hope this guide has given adequate information about the different ways to access the CIF number SBI bank passbook both online and offline. In this guide, we have covered five different ways How to get CIF number of SBI. Still, there is no method on How to get CIF number of SBI through SMS.
If you have any other doubts or queries regarding this article, don’t hesitate to ask us in the comments section. Stay in touch with our website – MoneyCompass to learn more about the SBI bank accounts, exclusive banking services, latest bank information, and more.