Ration card is issued to the citizens of the country that belong to the poor sections of the society. The people who fall below the poverty line are granted subsidized foods by the government. West Bengal also issues ration cards to its citizens through which it identifies the needy and sanctions them with the commodities. The West Bengal Ration Card is issued to the citizens based on their revenue and they are allotted with the monthly necessities. Ration card is a mandatory document that every citizen should carry in order to claim the benefits of the state government.
Table of Contents
- West Bengal Ration Card
- West Bengal Ration Card Eligibility
- Types of Ration Cards in West Bengal
- Documents Required to Apply for WB Ration Card
- Procedure to Apply for West Bengal Ration Card
- Procedure to Check West Bengal Ration Card Status
- How to Download Westbengal Ration Card?
- Procedure to Check WB Ration Card List
- Procedure To Add Family Member In WB Ration Card
- How to Correct Name in West Bengal Ration Card?
- How to Apply for Duplicate Ration Card in West Bengal?
- Procedure to Link Aadhaar and Phone Number With WB Ration Card
- Procedure to Surrender / Delete WB Ration Card
- Procedure to Find Your Nearest Ration Shop
- WB Ration Card Grievance Registration
- How to Check West Bengal Ration Card Grievance Status?
- West Bengal Ration Card FAQs
West Bengal Ration Card
The WB Ration Card has been a boon on the people who fall below the poverty line. The state government makes sure that all the subsidized commodities reach the people that are eligible ration card holders. If you by chance belong to West Bengal and want to apply for a new ration card or grab some other details like eligibility, application process, WBPDS Ration Card Status etc., you are on the right page. We have covered everything in this article for your easy reference.
West Bengal Ration Card Eligibility
If you are in www.wbpds.gov.in New Ration Card Search and want to know the eligibility first, here are the criteria that the applicants must satisfy.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal State.
- The applicant must not have a ration card.
- Temporary ration card applicants or applicants whose cards are expired are eligible to apply.
- Newlyweds are also eligible to apply for a new ration card.
Types of Ration Cards in West Bengal
As per NFSA, the ration cards are categorised into two types. Priority Household (PHH) and Non-priority Household (NPHH). If you are new to the state and wish to know Types of Ration Card in West Bengal, we have clearly put them up here. The two major types of ration cards available in West Bengal are Priority Household Ration Card and Non-Priority Household ration card.
Priority Household Ration Card
Most of the citizens in the State hold the priority household ration card. The eligible households will be granted food grains and other commodities at subsidized prices by the government under Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS). Each person will be given 5 kg per month at Rs. 3 per kg, wheat at Rs 2 per kg and coarse grains at Rs 1 per kg.
The priority category is subdivided into 4 categories.
- General Priority
- AAY (Antyodaya Anna Yojana) ration card
- AY (Annapurna Yojna) ration card
- State Priority Ration Card
- Social Security (SS) that comes under State priority
Non-Priority Household Ration Card (NPHH)
The remaining households after shortlisting the priority households are not given the subsidised food grains under NFSA system. Around 25% of the rural population and 50% of urban population are cut down from receiving the food grains.
Documents Required to Apply for WB Ration Card
The following documents are required to apply for Digital Ration Card West Bengal.
- Active and valid Mobile number.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Voter Id/ EPIC.
- PAN Card
- Email ID
- Old ration card (as applicable)
- Age proof
Procedure to Apply for West Bengal Ration Card
There are both online and offline procedures to apply for WB Digital Ration Card. We share both the procedures with you here. You can opt for the procedure that you feel is convenient.
1. Online Procedure
These are the steps to be followed to apply for the West Bengal ration card online.
- Visit the official website of West Bengal Department of Food and Supplies – www.wbpds.gov.in.
- In the homepage of the website click on the Ration Card option under the Services and click on Apply Online.
- Here you can find a list of options from which you have to select the option you want to apply for. For example if you are applying for Non- Subsidized Ration select the Non-Subsidized Ration Card.
- It will take you to a new page which prompts you to enter your mobile number.
- Enter your mobile number and click on “Get OTP”.
- OTP will be received to your mobile number and you need to enter it and click on Validate.
- Once the mobile number is verified, the applicant has to select the option from Existing Digital Ration Card Holder or New Applicant.
- For example if you want to convert an existing digital card to Non-Subsidised Digital Ration Card, you should choose the option “Existing Digital Ration Card Holder (AAY, PHH, SPHH, RKSY-I, RKSY-II Card).
- Now the form will be displayed on the screen and you have to select District, Block/Municipality, Gram Panchayat/Ward, Pin Code, Post Office, Police Station, Flat/Premises No., Street/Lane no., Ration Card No., Category and then click on the “Display” button to view the details.
- Family members’ details of the applicant will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the card numbers for Conversion to Non-Subsidised Digital Ration Card and click on “View Selected List”.
- Now enter the Date of Birth, Epic No., Aadhar No, PAN No. and click on “SAVE & VIEW” button.
- Verify the deets and submit.
- On submission an application number will be generated.
- Keep the number handy for future use.
2. Offline Procedure
Now let us look into the offline procedure to apply for a new ration card in West Bengal.
- Go to the official website of the Department of Food and Supplies West Bengal.
- In the homepage find the services section on the left side and click on the Ration Card option.
- Now click on the Apply Offline option which will list all the forms available for download.
- Click on the form for example Form-10 (Application form for Non-Subsidised Ration Card or Conversion to Non-Subsidised Ration Card).
- The form will be downloaded and you have to fill the form with appropriate details.
- Attest the required documents and submit it at the concerned office.
Procedure to Check West Bengal Ration Card Status
After you are done with the application process, you can now check the Ration card Status West Bengal online.
- To check the ration card status, the applicant has to visit the official website of West Bengal PDS and click on the get ration card details option.
- Select district, municipality, GP/Ward and enter name and click on Search button.
- That’s it, your West Bengal Digital Ration Card Status shall be displayed on the screen.
How to Download Westbengal Ration Card?
Go to the official website of the West Bengal Department of Food and Supplies.
- Click on ‘Official Login’ under ‘For Official Purpose’.
- It will open a new tab where you need to enter the user id, password and answer the sum of two numbers.
- Click on ‘Login’
- On successful login you can access the details of your ration card and download the ration card.
As you are done with WB Ration Card Status, by using the above process you can download the ration card.
Procedure to Check WB Ration Card List
If you want to check WBPDS GOV in Ration Card List 2021, the following steps will help you do so.
- Visit the official website and in the homepage click on the “Reports on NFSA” tab.
- From the dropdown menu select the “View Ration Card count (NFSA & state Scheme)” link.
- The District-wise list of ration cardholders will appear on your screen.
- Select your district and FPS name and your Ration Card List West Bengal will appear on your screen.
Procedure To Add Family Member In WB Ration Card
Here you can find the procedure to add family members in E Ration Card West Bengal.
- Visit the official website of the department of food and supplies, West Bengal.
- In the home page click on the citizen tab.
- Click on add members in your family.
- A new form will be opened where you need to enter the details of the family member you want to add to your existing ration card.
- After entering the details click on submit.
How to Correct Name in West Bengal Ration Card?
If you are looking for Digital Ration Card Correction Online West Bengal, here are the steps.
- Go to the official website and click on the Citizen tab.
- Under it click on “Change name or other details in Ration card”.
- A new page opens which prompts you to enter your mobile number for verification.
- After verification you will be allowed to access the form through which you can correct the name in the ration card.
- Submit the page and you are done correcting or changing the name in the card.
How to Apply for Duplicate Ration Card in West Bengal?
If you are looking to apply for a duplicate ration card in West Bengal, here are the simple steps you can follow.
- Visit the web portal of West Bengal PDS.
- In the homepage click on the Citizen tab.
- Now click on “Apply for duplicate ration card”.
- It will open a new page and you will need to enter your mobile number.
- After the number is verified a new page opens where you need to apply for the duplicate ration card.
- It ends your WBPDS GOV in Ration Card Search as you have applied for a duplicate ration card.
- Submit the page and that’s it.
Procedure to Link Aadhaar and Phone Number With WB Ration Card
In order to link Aadhaar and Mobile number with Digital Ration card, you have to visit your concerned ration shop and link Aadhaar with your ration card through biometric authentication. Other than checking WB Ration Card Application Status, you can also check if the aadhar and phone number are linked to the ration card or not.
Procedure to Surrender / Delete WB Ration Card
- Visit the official website of WB PDS.
- In the homepage click on the Citizen tab.
- Click on “Apply to surrender or delete card”.
- It will open a new page where you need to verify your mobile number with a OTP.
- After that a form will be opened containing your details.
- Surrender/Delete the details in the card and submit.
Procedure to Find Your Nearest Ration Shop
- First, visit the official website and click the E citizen option.
- Click on “locate your nearest ration shop”
- Enter DDPS/DR, DCFS/JD, SCFS/RO, Block Office and click on the “display FPS” option.
- The nearest ration shop details will appear on the screen.
WB Ration Card Grievance Registration
- Visit the official web portal and in the homepage click on “Grievance”.
- Then click on “Lodge your complaint”.
- It will open a new page where you need to click on “Register your grievance here”.
- Type your complaint and submit.
Public can also use toll-free numbers 1967 and 1800-345-5505 to get info about distribution of food grains, digital ration cards and procurement of rice and also can file complaints.
How to Check West Bengal Ration Card Grievance Status?
Other than checking the Ration Card Application Status West Bengal, you can also check the grievance status.
- Visit the official website and click on Grievance and then “Lodge your complaint”.
- It will open a new page that says “Check your grievance status”.
- Enter your mobile number and grievance number and click on “Check”.
- It will display the status of your grievance.
For the unversed, Ration Card Status by Barcode in West Bengal is also possible.
West Bengal Ration Card FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions.
- 1. How can I download West Bengal ration card online?
To download the ration card online, there is a E ration card download option in the official website. You can click on it and enter your ration card number to download it into your device.
- 2. What is RKSY I ration card in West Bengal?
RKSY-1 is a Ration Card Type in West Bengal under which wheat and rice are given to the poor at Rs 2 per kg.
- 3. What is RKSY II ration card in West Bengal?
RKSY II is another type of ration card in West Bengal under which wheat is given at Rs.9/KG and rice is given at Rs.13/KG.
- 4. Can married couples apply for new ration card?
Of course, married couples can apply for a new ration card in West Bengal.
- 5. How many days it will take to get new ration card in west bengal?
It will take around 2 to 3 weeks for the new ration card to reach your address.
This is all the information that we have covered on the West Bengal Ration Card. Hope this article and the information we have covered here helped you in clearing your doubts. If you find this article useful, do bookmark our moneycompass and keep checking this page for more updates regarding WB ration cards.