Himachal Pradesh Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department issues ration cards to the eligible and permanent citizens of the state. The document is considered mandatory for everyone living in the state and especially for those who want to get their hands on the subsidized commodities offered by the state government. The Himachal Pradesh Ration Card holders will get rice, wheat flour, sugar and other essentials at fair prices. Other than as a document to fetch the edible essentials at a much cheaper price, it also happens to be used as a proof of identity.
Table of Contents
- Himachal Pradesh Ration Card
- HP Ration Card Eligibility
- Types of Ration Cards Issued in Himachal Pradesh
- Documents Required to Apply for Himachal Pradesh Ration Card
- Procedure to Apply for HP Ration Card
- How to Check Himachal Pradesh Ration Card Status?
- How to Download Himachal Pradesh Ration Card?
- How to Check HP Ration Card List?
- How to Find Himachal Pradesh FPS Details?
- HP Ration Card FAQs
Himachal Pradesh Ration Card
The state government of Himachal Pradesh is making sure to grant ration cards to all the eligible people in the state as soon as possible. As the ration cards will come to the rescue of those who cannot even afford basic food supplies, the HP government is making moves to identify the people who are below the poverty line and give them the access. Here in this article we shall discuss the importance of HP Ration Card and the other details like how to apply, documents required, download procedure, ration card list download, eligibility etc. Check out our ration card category for more useful information of various states.
HP Ration Card Eligibility
These are the eligibility criteria that the applicants must satisfy in order to apply for Digital Ration Card Himachal Pradesh.
- Only citizens of India are eligible to apply for the HP ration card.
- Applicants’ income should fall in the bracket of below poverty line.
- Applicants should not have a ration card in his/her name previously. If in case there is a card, the applicant should submit the cancellation of the card before applying for a new card.
- Newly married couples can apply for a ration card.
Types of Ration Cards Issued in Himachal Pradesh
There are four types of ration cards issued in Himachal Pradesh and they are:
- AAY (Antyodaya Anna Yojana)
- APL (Above Poverty Line)
- BPL (Above Poverty Line)
- PH (Priority Household)
AAY Ration Card
AAY ration cards are issued to those families who have no livelihood. They are given 35 kg rice every month.
APL Ration Card
People who fall under the above poverty line are granted APL ration cards and are given 15 kgs of rice every month.
BPL Ration Card
BPL cards are issued to those who belong to below the poverty line. Government provides 25kgs of rice every month to these card holders.
PH Ration Card
PH cardholders will be given 2 kg rice and 3 kg wheat flour every month.
Documents Required to Apply for Himachal Pradesh Ration Card
There are certain documents that need to be submitted at the time of applying for Digital Ration Card form Himachal Pradesh.
- Aadhaar card of all the family members.
- Address proof
- Passport size photograph
- Income proof
- Ration card cancel receipt (if any)
It is mandatory to attest these documents while applying for the ration card.
Procedure to Apply for HP Ration Card
The thing about HP ration card is that, it cannot be applied online. Though all other services regarding ration card can be carried out via the official web portal, applying ration card can only be done offline. The Application Form for Ration Card Government of Himachal Pradesh can be collected from the nearest FPS shop. If you wish to get the application form online, then follow the below process:
- Visit the official website of HP ration card.
- Download the Form II application form from online and take a printout of it.
- Fill the application form with the details appropriately and attest required documents.
- Submit them altogether at the nearest department of Food and civil supply department office.
- The applicant should submit the application for new ration card along with the Deletion certificate from the Panchayat Pradhan from the old residence in case of cancelling old ration card.
- You will need to pay some fee and you will be given a receipt on which you can find the date on which you can collect your new ration card.
How to Check Himachal Pradesh Ration Card Status?
In order to check the Status of Digital Ration Card in Himachal Pradesh you have to follow the below steps.
- Visit the official website of HP EPDS.
- In the homepage find the “Track application online” option and click on it.
- It will open a new page which asks you to enter the application number.
- Enter it and hit on Search button.
- It will display the status of your HP ration card.
How to Download Himachal Pradesh Ration Card?
Below steps will assist you in downloading the Himachal Pradesh ration card.
- Open the official website of HP ePDS – epds.co.in.
- In the homepage under the Dashboard you can find “Print Ration Card” tab.
- Click on it and it will take you to a new page.
- In the new page you can are prompted to select the
- Visit the official website of ePDS Transparency Portal, Himachal Pradesh ‘Input Type’.
- As per your convenience select ‘Aadhaar’ or ‘Ration Card ID’.
- In the next field enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or your ration card ID in HP-XXXXX-XXXX format.
- Now click on the ‘Search’ button.
- It will open the ration card and you can use the print option to Download Ration Card Online Himachal Pradesh.
How to Check HP Ration Card List?
Applicants who are done checking Ration Card Status Himachal Pradesh can also check the list online. The procedure is given down here.
- To check HP Ration card list, visit https://epds.co.in.
- On the menu present on the left side of the homepage click on “FPS Ration Card” tab.
- Then select “Ration Cards Depot Wise” tab.
- It will open a new page which asks for your district and block.
- Select them from the drop-down menu and hit on “Search” tab.
- The list of FPS Shops present in your district will appear.
- Find your respective fps shop from the list and click on FPSID number.
- It will open a new page again which contains the list of ration cardholder of that particular shop.
- Find the name of your head of the family from the list.
- Now click on the ID number next to the name which displays the list of registered family members on your screen.
How to Find Himachal Pradesh FPS Details?
If you wish to find the FPS details, here is how to do it.
- Open the official website and click on “Your Ration Shop” link from the menu on the homepage.
- In the new page opened select the district name and block and press the search tab.
- Now the FPS shop list gets displayed on the screen.
- You can find your FPS shop details like shop number, owner name, shop name etc.
The HP Ration Card Correction can be done online. The applicant can correct the details on the ration card from the official website.
HP Ration Card FAQs
These are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding HP ration card.
1. How many Days it will take to get new ration Card in Himachal Pradesh?
As per the official website of HP EPDS, the ration card will be issued in a week.
2. What is the application fee for HP Ration Card
The application fee to be paid while submitting the form for a new ration card is Rs.5.
3. Where can I get application form for HP Ration Card?
The application form for HP ration card can be collected from the nearest FPS shop or can be downloaded from online.
Hope all the information you are in quest for regarding Himachal Pradesh Ration Card is available in this page. If you have any questions regarding the ration card in HP, please let us know through the comments section below. We are looking forward to answer your queries. Also do bookmark our MoneyCompass.net and visit us often to get access to the latest info on Himachal Pradesh ration card.