Ration Card is an essential document issued by the state governments to the citizens that fall under certain categories as per the Public Distribution System. The cardholders will be given daily-needed commodities at a fair price. The ration cards are issued based on the income of the people. Based on the annual income, the Bihar PDS has divided the cardholders into different categories and the ration will be given as per the norms of EPDS and the Bihar Ration Card they were issued with. In most cases it can also be used as an identity proof.
Table of Contents
- Bihar Ration Card 2022
- Bihar Ration Card Eligibility
- Types of Ration Cards Issued in Bihar
- Documents Required to Apply for Bihar Ration Card
- How to Apply for Bihar Ration Card 2022?
- How to Check Bihar Ration Card Status?
- How to Check Bihar Ration Card List 2022?
- How to Download Bihar Ration Card?
- Bihar Ration Card Grievance Registration
- Procedure to Check Bihar Ration Card Grievance Status
Bihar Ration Card 2022
Just like every other state Bihar too issues ration cards to its citizens. Through the ration cards it offers the necessary commodities to the public. The ration will be provided at subsidized cost to the people based on the type of card they were granted. There are temporary, permanent and duplicate ration cards that are in use in the state of Bihar. These cards have different purposes and the government issues them to the families only after thorough inquiry. Today we shall be discussing everything about EPDS Bihar gov in Ration Card. If you hail from Bihar and want to know everything from the application process to downloading to FAQs, here you go.
Bihar Ration Card Eligibility
To apply for a ration card in Bihar, the candidate must satisfy the below eligibility criteria first.
- Only the citizens of Bihar are eligible to apply for Bihar ration card.
- Citizens aged above 18 years can apply.
- You can fill Ration Card Form PDF Bihar only if you have no ratio card in your name in the past.
- Newly married couples can apply for a ration card.
Types of Ration Cards Issued in Bihar
People willing to apply for Ration Card Bihar can check the types of ration cards usually issued in the state and apply accordingly. Below we have discussed the commonly issued ration cards in the state of Bihar.
BPL Ration Card
The Bihar government issues BPL ration cards to the citizens of the state whose income is less than Rs 24000 / – per year. It is in red color and is only given to those who are below the poverty line.
APL Ration Cards
People belonging to the above poverty line are issued APL ration cards. Their income should not exceed more than Rs 24000 / – per year. The card is blue in color.
AAY Ration Card
Poorer sections of the society fill Bihar Ration Card Form and apply for The Anthyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) ration card. It is yellow in colour.
Annapurna Ration Cards
The Annapurna Ration Cards are issued to the old-age people who are eligible for pension of the State.
Documents Required to Apply for Bihar Ration Card
Prior to Bihar Ration Card Online Apply, you have to know the documents that are required for the process.
- Aadhaar Card
- Income certificate
- LPG Connection Number
- Bank account passbook
- Passport size photo
How to Apply for Bihar Ration Card 2022?
The process to apply for Bihar ration card is pretty simple. There are some easy steps to execute to Apply Ration Card Bihar.
- First visit the official website of EPDS Bihar – epds.bihar.gov.in.
- You can also collect application form from any Circle Office/ S.D.O. Office.
- You can also get Bihar Ration Card Apply Form PDF from online.
- Fill in the application form with appropriate details and attest the required documents to it.
- Now submit the application form along with passport-sized photograph of the head of your family attested by a gazetted officer/MLA/MP/Municipal Councillor, the proof of residence, and the Surrender/Deletion Certificate of the previous Ration Card, if any.
- You can submit the application form at the Circle Office/ S.D.O. Office.
How to Check Bihar Ration Card Status?
The applicants of Bihar ration card can absolutely perform Bihar Ration Card Status Check through a simple online procedure.
- As always open the official website of Bihar EPDS and click on “Application Status” on the top of the page.
- It takes you to a new page where it prompts you to enter your district, subdivision and RTPS number.
- After entering all the necessary details click on show button.
- It will display your Ration Card Application Status Bihar.
How to Check Bihar Ration Card List 2022?
If you are in search for the right steps to download Bihar Ration Card List 2021, follow the below steps.
- Open the official website of Bihar ration card and click on RCMS.
- It will open a new page where you can witness a list of districts in Bihar.
- Click on your district and select your respective tehsil.
- It will showcase the shopkeepers list in your tehsil.
- Click on your fair shop shopkeepers name.
- With the help of the ration card number find the name of the head of your family.
- It will then display the EPDS Bihar Ration Card List.
How to Download Bihar Ration Card?
We have given below the steps that are required to download Bihar ration card.
- Open the official web portal of EPDS Bihar.
- Select RCMS and it will display the list of districts.
- Select your district from the list.
- Now select urban or rural option with respect to your area.
- Click on your block from the options available and it will show the panchayats list.
- The further process for Ration Card Download Bihar is to select your Panchayat and then your village.
- Select your FPS and it will show the list of ration cards under it.
- Find your ration card number and click on it.
- Click on download option for successful Bihar Ration Card Download.
Bihar Ration Card Grievance Registration
If you have any complaints towards the ration card and you wish to register your grievance with the concerned authority, you can do so via online.
- Open the Bihar State Food Corporation website – http://sfc.bihar.gov.in/login.htm.
- In the homepage itself you can find “Grievance” tab on the top.
- Click on it and select “submit grievance” option.
- It will direct you to a new page which is the grievance registration page.
- Here you need to note that if you are having any grievances towards Ration Card List Bihar, you can register it in the website.
- Fill the registration form with all the necessary details district, block, panchayat, village, type, grievance category, address, phone number, email ID, Grievance discription, upload the attachmens and click on “Register” button.
- That’s it, your grievance gets registered with the ration card authority.
Procedure to Check Bihar Ration Card Grievance Status
Other than to Check Ration Card Status Bihar, you can also check the Bihar ration card grievance status online. Check the procedure below.
- Open the Bihar State Food Corporation website – http://sfc.bihar.gov.in/login.htm.
- Find “Grievance” tab on the top in the homepage and click on it.
- Now select “Know Grievance Status” option.
- It will land you up in a new page where you will be asked to enter your Grievance registration Id.
- Enter the ID and click on “Get Status” button.
- It will instantly display the status of your grievance on the screen.
Here we have answered some frequently asked questions for you. Go through them.
- 1. How much time will it take to get new ration card in Bihar?
The ration card generation will take around 15 days and not more than that.
- 2. How to link aadhar with ration card in bihar ?
If you want to know How to Link Aadhar with Ration Card in Bihar, you have to visit your dealer and submit all the necessary documents with him. He will link the aadhar with your ration card.
- 3. How can I register my mobile number in ration card?
In the official website you have the option of “Register your mobile” under Services tab which intakes your district, block, fpshop, customer name and mobile number.
- 4. Can Married Couple Apply for New Ration Card?
Absolutely! New married couple can happily apply for a new ration card in Bihar. After applying they can check their names in the Bihar Ration Card List.
- 5. Is ration Card Compulsory in Bihar?
No, but those who are seeking the subsidized commodities and other benefits from the state government must have one. One must note that Aadhar Link to Ration Card is an offline process and everyone should approach their dealer to get their respective ration card linked to Aadhar.
So yes, this is all about Bihar Ration Card. We hope all your doubts and queries are answered in this article by us. If you still have any queries, please let us know through the comments section below. We will answer them as soon as possible. Also, don’t forget to bookmark our Moneycompass and visut us often to know more about Ration Card Status Bihar.