Planning to apply for a credit card? If you have frequent usage of fuel for travelling on your vehicle then, BPCL SBI Card Octane is the perfect credit card. BPCL Octane SBI Card is a unique credit card launched by SBI in collaboration with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited. State Bank of India is one of the most popular nationalized banks in the country that offers a plethora of benefits, privileges, and reward points to the customers.
SBI Card offers a variety of credit cards to customers that serve different purposes like shopping, lifestyle, fuel, travel, etc. Despite having copious SBI Credit Cards that provide all-rounder benefits to the customers, not all credit cards are beneficial exclusively for fuel expenses. There are specific credit cards available to the customers that exclude fuel transactions to provide rewards while some other credit cards come with fuel surcharge offers.
If you are highly particular about the credit card that fulfills your fuel expenses then, BPCL SBI Credit Card Octane is the right card. As fuel expenses have been increasing day by day, the customers must access a credit card. Here is a detailed guide about the BPCL SBI Card OCTANE, its benefits, eligibility criteria, required documents, and the application procedure. Have a glance!
Table of Contents
- BPCL SBI Card Octane
- SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card Eligibility
- SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card Benefits
- BPCL Octane SBI Card Annual Fee and Charges
- Documents Required Apply For BPCL SBI Card Octane
- How to Apply For BPCL Octane SBI Credit Card?
BPCL SBI Card Octane
State Bank of India and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited have jointly launched the BPCL SBI Octane Credit Card to fulfill the fuel needs of the customers. BPCL SBI Card OCTANE is the best co-branded credit card that offers a slew of premium benefits to cardholders. Through this credit card, the cardholders can obtain a 7.25% value back on fuel purchases done at particular Bharat Petroleum Gas Stations.
In addition to this, the cardholders can also gain several accelerated rewards on different categories that include dining, groceries, movies, and more. Through this credit card, the cardholders can avail of plenty of privileges in different categories such as fuel, travel, reward points, and much more BPCL SBI Card Octane Benefits. As this credit card levies a nominal joining fee and renewal fee on the cardholders, even the common people can afford this card easily. Get to know the complete information about the BPCL Octane SBI Card, eligibility criteria, and more in this guide.
SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card Eligibility
Want to apply for a new credit card? BPCL SBI Octane Credit Card is one of the noteworthy credit cards that offer exclusive benefits to customers. But, have you checked your eligibility? Only eligible individuals have the provision to apply for this credit card. As per the norms and conditions of the SBI Card, applicants need to meet certain eligibility criteria for the credit card application. Here is a list of the notable eligibility guidelines for the BPCL SBI Card Octane. Check it out!
- Individuals seeking to apply for the credit card must maintain a decent CIBIL score i.e., a minimum of 750 to become an eligible person.
- Applicant’s age must range between 18 years and 65 years.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The primary applicant should be either self-employed individuals or salaried employees.
- The applicants must stay and work in any of the serviceable pin-codes.
SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card Benefits
Want to know the significant SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card Benefits? This credit card offers plenty of privileges and a slew of benefits to the customers. The cardholders can enjoy unlimited value back benefits, welcome offers, reward points, exclusive fuel benefits, and a lot more. In this guide, we curated the complete list of BPCL SBI Card Octane Benefits. Have a glimpse!
1. Welcome Benefits
- Cardholders can obtain 6000 bonus reward points that are equivalent to Rs. 1500 upon payment of the annual fees.
- Within 30 days from the date of annual fee payment, reward points will be directly credited to the credit card account of the cardholders.
2. Value Back Benefits
- Customers can enjoy 7.25% value back benefits that include 25X Reward Points upon purchasing fuel at various BPCL Petrol Pumps. For each billing cycle, the cardholders can earn a maximum of 2500 reward points.
- Individuals can get a fuel surcharge waiver of 6.25% + 1% on every BPCL transaction done for about Rs. 4000. However, the waiver excludes the GST and additional charges.
3. Reward Benefits
- Cardholders can enjoy 25 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent at various BPCL Fuel outlets, Bharat Gas spends, and other Lubricants.
- Earn 10 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on Departmental Stores, dining, movies, grocery items, and more. Through this benefit, the customers can get reward points of about 7500 per month.
4. Complimentary Lounge Access
- Acquire 4 complimentary visits per calendar year to domestic VISA lounges in the country.
- Customers can get a maximum of 1 visit per quarter.
5. Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- Cardholders can enjoy exclusive fuel freedom benefits through this credit card.
- Customers can get freedom from paying the 1% fuel surcharge at all the BPCL petrol pumps in the nation. This benefit will be applicable on transactions done up to Rs. 4000 excluding the GST and other extra charges.
- Get a maximum fuel surcharge waiver of Rs. 100 per statement cycle per credit card account. It will be equal to an annual savings of Rs. 1200.
6. Milestone Rewards
- Obtain e-gift vouchers worth Rs. 2000 from popular brands such as Aditya Birla Fashion, Hush Puppies, Yatra, Bata, etc.
- Customers can get these vouchers upon spending an amount of Rs. 3 lakhs annually.
7. Other Benefits
- Obtain complimentary fraud liability cover of Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Cardholders can get an instant redemption of reward points at preferred BPCL petrol pumps.
- Customers can easily redeem their reward points at Shop & Smile Rewards Catalogue.
8. Balance Transfer on EMI
- Among the significant SBI BPCL octane credit card benefits, the noteworthy benefit is balance transfer on EMI. Individuals can save their money instantaneously by paying their credit card dues.
- Customers can easily transfer the outstanding balance of other bank’s credit cards to their SBI BPCL OCTANE Card. This way, the cardholders can get this done at lower interest rates, and later they can pay back in easy EMIs.
- To access this balance transfer facility, customers need to log into the sbicard.com website using their user ID and password.
- Flexipay is another key benefit of the SBI BPCL Octane credit card through which the cardholders can easily convert their transactions into easy monthly installments.
- Customers need to make a transaction equal to Rs. 2500 or more using the BPCL SBI Card Octane and log into the sbicard.com website within 30 days of purchase to convert the transaction into Flexipay.
10. Easy Money Facility
- Easy money is another significant feature of this credit card. Through this provision, customers can acquire a cheque or draft against the cash limit available on the credit card. That particular cheque or draft will be delivered to the customers at the doorstep.
- Individuals need to book the Easy Money option by visiting the official website of SBI Card i.e., at sbicard.com.
BPCL Octane SBI Card Annual Fee and Charges
Geared up to apply for the SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card? Well, if you have already made up your mind to apply for the fuel-specific credit card then, you need to have some idea about the BPCL Octane SBI Card annual fees and additional charges.
Following the SBI Card’s rules and regulations, the cardholders need to pay certain charges and fees such as annual fees, renewal, etc. In the tabular form given below, we provided detailed information about the SBI BPCL OCTANE Credit Card annual fees and other charges. Check it out!
|Type of Charge/Fees||Amount|
|Joining Fee [One-Time]||Rs. 1499 alongside GST Charges|
|Renewal Fee [Per Annum]||Rs. 1499 alongside GST Charges, starting from 2nd year [If annual spending for the previous year implies or more than Rs. 200000, the renewal fee will be reversed]|
|Add-on Fee [Per Annum]||Nil|
|Card Replacement Fee – Domestic||Rs. 100 to Rs. 250|
|Credit Card Finance Charge||3.5% on all unsecured SBI Credit Cards (except Shaurya)|
|Statement Retrieval||Rs. 100 per statement, in case of statements that are more than 2 months old|
|Minimum Amount Due Each Month||5% of total outstanding amount or Rs. 200 + taxes, whichever is higher|
|Over Limit Fee||2.5%|
|Interest Free Period||20 to 50 days|
|Finance Charge On Cash Advance||For cash withdrawal at local ATMs, a fee of 2.5% or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)|
|Late payment fee (charged depending on the total outstanding amount)||Nil – For a due amount ranging between Rs. 0 and Rs. 500|
Rs. 400 – For a due amount ranging between Rs. 501 and Rs. 1000
Rs. 750 – For a due amount ranging between Rs. 1001 and Rs. 10000
Rs. 950 – For a due amount ranging between Rs. 10001 and Rs. 25000
Rs. 1100 – For a due amount ranging between Rs. 25001 and Rs. 50000
Rs. 1300 – For a due amount of more than Rs. 50000
Documents Required Apply For BPCL SBI Card Octane
People willing to apply for BPCL SBI Octane Credit Card need to submit some of the important documents along with the Xerox copies. The documents that must be submitted by the applicants must prove their identity, address, age, and income. For each category, the applicant must submit valid proof as listed below. Check it out!
A. For Proof of Address
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank account statement
- Driving License
- Latest Electricity Bill
- Property Registration Document
- Ration Card
B. For Proof of Identity
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Job Card issued by NREGA
- Overseas Citizen of India Card
- PAN Card
- Person of Indian Origin Card
- Photo ID Proof issued by the UIDAI or other government
- Voter ID Card
C. For Proof of Income
- Last 3 months’ bank statement
- Latest Form 16
- Latest Salary Slips [3 months]
Even after submitting any of the relevant documents that prove the identity, address, and income of the applicant, sometimes, the concerned officials might ask for some other documents, following the bank’s internal policies.
How to Apply For BPCL Octane SBI Credit Card?
In this article, we provided an in-depth guide on how to apply for the SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card through the official website of sbicard.com. Check it out!
- First of all, visit the official website of SBI Card i.e., at sbicard.com from your device.
- On the main screen of the website, you can find a series of tabs at the top of the page.
- Click on the section ‘Credit Cards’. From the drop-down menu, you need to select the option ‘travel and fuel’ as this is a credit card that falls under the ‘fuel’ category.
- After that, you will be redirected to a new web page that displays the complete details about the BPCL SBI Card Octane credit card.
- Check your eligibility by filling in some details and you need to click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- On the next screen, you need to fill in the application form with precise information.
- Enter the personal details, professional details, and residential address information of the applicant in the given fields.
- Submit all your details by tapping the ‘submit’ button.
- After that, you will be asked to submit the required documents to the corresponding SBI Card executive.
- Within a few working days, the BPCL SBI Card Octane Credit Card will be issued and dispatched to the applicants.
- The applicants have a facility to monitor the status of the credit card online. Using the ‘Track Status’ option available on the official website, individuals can easily check their credit card application status.
That’s all! This is the detailed procedure to apply for the BPCL SBI Octane Credit Card.
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about the BPCL SBI Card Octane Credit Card. Hopefully, this guide has given adequate information about the credit card benefits, eligibility guidelines, required documents for the application, credit card application process, etc. Despite offering exclusive credit cards that provide fuel privileges to the customers, these credit cards may not offer as much as decent rewards on fuel transactions.
In some cases, the reward offers may not be as good as the remaining credit card. Still, you can consider this credit card if your monthly fuel expenses are more than Rs. 10000. You can also get some other benefits as mentioned already in this guide. If you still have any doubts or queries over this topic, just ask us in the comments space without any hesitation. Stay tuned to this website for more articles related to SBI Credit Cards, their privileges, and more.