The Department of Food Supplies and Consumer Supplies issues a mandatory document called ration card to the people living in Delhi. As Delhi is the national capital, the rules and regulations to apply for Delhi Ration Card will be different from that of other states. With the help of the ration card people can get the essential groceries like food grains, wheat flour, sugar etc at a very reasonable price. The government provides subsidies to the products that are distributed at the ration shops.
Table of Contents
- Delhi Ration Card
- Delhi Ration Card Eligibility Criteria
- Types of Delhi Ration Cards
- Documents Required to Apply for Delhi Ration Card
- How to Apply Delhi Ration Card?
- How to Check Delhi Ration Card Status?
- Procedure to Download Delhi e- Ration Card
- How to Do Modification in Delhi Ration Card?
- How to Check Delhi Ration Card List 2021?
- Procedure to find Your FPS
- Procedure to find Your Circle Office
- Procedure to Track Ration Coming to Your FPS
- How to Modify / Register Contact Number in Delhi Ration Card?
- Delhi Ration Card Complaint / Grievance Online Submission
- Delhi Ration Card FAQs
Delhi Ration Card
Other than to get the essentials at subsidised prices, there are various benefits of having a ration card. It acts as a proof of identity in Delhi as well as in other parts of the country. Also, using the ration card, people can apply for other necessary documents like PAN Card. Today let us look into the information about the Delhi ration card such as eligibility criteria, documents required, how to apply, status checking etc. If you by chance are a citizen of Delhi and want to know the details about Delhi govt Ration Card Application Form Online and how to apply for it, check out the deets below.
Delhi Ration Card Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who satisfy the criteria set by the Delhi government are the ones that are eligible for Delhi Ration Card Apply. Have a look at the criteria below.
- Only the permanent citizens of Delhi are eligible to apply for a new ration card.
- Applicants applying for the new ration card should have an old ration card already.
- The applicants of APL and BPL ration cards must produce their income proof.
- Recently married people should apply for the new ration card.
- The applicants willing to apply for Annapurna Yojana ration card should not earn money through any source and are should not be receiving pension from the central or state government under any pension scheme.
Types of Delhi Ration Cards
Depending on the financial level people belong to, the government of Delhi has divided the ration cards into different categories. Those who wants to have New Ration Card Apply in Delhi can know the categories available first.
1. APL Ration Card
People belonging to the Above Poverty Line (APL) are issued these ration cards. These card holders will not receive foods and essential commodities at subsidised prices from the government.
2. BPL Ration Card
As the name suggests, BPL ration cards are issued to those who fall below the poverty line (BPL). The government shall provide the BPL card holders with the household essentials at a subsidised price.
3. AAY Ration Card
Impoverished sections of the society will be issued these Antyodaya ration cards. The Delhi government shall provide these categories of people with necessities at a very subsidised price.
4. AY Ration Card
People who are above the age of 65 and have no source of income are granted Annapurna Yojana ration cards. These card holders will be given 10 kg of food grains for free every month.
Documents Required to Apply for Delhi Ration Card
The following documents need to be submitted to apply for a ration card in Delhi either online or offline or both. The documents to be submitted are:
- Passport-sized photos of all the family members. This has to be done both offline and online.
- Residential proof like telephone bill, house rent, electricity bill, and bank passbook.
- If in case there is no permanent residential proof available, then their application shall be approved after the verification done by the circle officer.
It will take around 15 days for the government to issue the ration card.
How to Apply Delhi Ration Card?
Applicants willing to apply for the ration card can do it either online or offline. Here we are going to share the procedures to apply for ration cards both online and offline.
1. Delhi Ration Card Online Application Procedure
The procedure for Ration Card Delhi Online Apply is given here to refer.
- Visit the official portal of the Department of Food, Delhi Government – https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/in/en/Home/Index.html.
- Click on the Food Security section of the website which opens the application form on the screen.
- Fill in the details appropriately and upload the necessary documents mentioned by the government.
- After filling the form and uploading the documents, check the form before submitting.
The application number present on the form can be taken note of which can be used to track the application status. As you have gone through the Delhi Govt Ration Card Application Form Online procedure, now check the offline procedure as well.
2. Delhi Ration Card Offline Application Procedure
In the offline procedure, the applicants need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- As usual visit the official web portal of the concerned department of Food of Delhi.
- From there download the new ration card application form and take a print-out of it.
- Fill the application form with the required details without any spelling mistakes.
- After filling the form submit it to the concerned authorities attested with required documents.
- On submitting the application form a reference number will be given that can be used to check the status of a new ration card.
How to Check Delhi Ration Card Status?
By following the steps mentioned below one can easily check Ration Card Status Delhi online.
- Open the official website of the Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer goods.
- On the right side of the page you can find the section of ‘Citizen’s Corner’, click on it.
- Now from the list of options available, click on the ‘Track Food Security Application’.
- Now you have to enter the details like Aadhaar number, New ration card number, NFS application ID and Online Citizen ID, and Old ration card number to check the nfs.delhi.gov.in Ration Card Status.
Procedure to Download Delhi e- Ration Card
For Ration Card Download Delhi, the following steps need to be performed online by visiting the dedicated official website.
- Open the official website of the Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Delhi Government.
- On the homepage of the website click on the “Citizen Corner” section.
- Now click on ‘generate e-card’ option present there. The direct link is – https://nfs.delhi.gov.in/Citizen/E_RationCard.aspx.
- Now enter the details as prompted by the page such as Ration Card Number, Head of the family, the Aadhaar number of head of the family/NFS ID, Date of Birth of head of the family, and a registered mobile number given at the time of registration.
- After entering the details correctly click on the submit button.
- The Delhi e-ration card shall be displayed on the screen.
- Click on the download button to download the e-ration card.
How to Do Modification in Delhi Ration Card?
If the applicant wishes to make any modifications to the details present in the ration card, he/she must do it online. The procedure is as follows:
- Visit the official website of the Delhi Food department.
- On the homepage find the grievance section and click on it.
- Fill in the details like name of the village, grievance category, applicant address, applicant email ID, Panchayat name, etc.
- After entering the details write down your issue in the comment section and attach the relevant documents.
- Now click on the ‘register’ button.
- The complaint will be raised and the concerned number generated will be sent to you that can be used to track the status of the modification.
How to Check Delhi Ration Card List 2021?
To check the Ration Card List Delhi, the applicants can visit the online website of the Food Department, Delhi and follow the steps below.
- In the website click on the “e-Services” option on the menu bar.
- Click on the “e-Ration card” link and select the “Village list” tab.
- Select your respective district, Taluk, Gram Panchayat, Village and click on the “Go” button.
- A list will be displayed on the screen that contains all the ration card holders names from the village you have selected.
- Find your name in the list to confirm.
Procedure to find Your FPS
- To know your FPS, you have to first open – nfs.delhi.gov.in.
- In the homepage, find the “Citizens’ Corner” and search the link of “Know Your Fair Price Shop”.
- Click the link and a new page opens which prompts the user to enter info like Aadhar No. of any Family Member, NFS Application ID, New and Old Ration Card Number.
- On submitting the entire data will be displayed on the screen.
Procedure to find Your Circle Office
- To know your Circle Office, visit the official website and go to “Citizens’ Corner” section on the homepage.
- Click on “Search your Circle Office” option and it will open a new page.
- In the page opened enter your locality/area name and hit on Search button.
Procedure to Track Ration Coming to Your FPS
- To track the ration coming to your FPS, visit the official website and go to “Citizens’ Corner” section on the homepage.
- Click on “Track Ration coming to your FPS” and it will open a new page.
- Enter your ration card to find out the ration for the current month while it is coming to your FPS.
How to Modify / Register Contact Number in Delhi Ration Card?
To change or register contact number follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the official website of FPS and go to “Citizen’s Corner” section.
- You will see “Register/ Modify Mobile No.” link.
- Enter your Aadhaar number, ration card number, Household head name, new contact number.
- Click on save button to modify/register contact number.
Delhi Ration Card Complaint / Grievance Online Submission
If you want to register a complaint/grievance online, follow the steps.
- Visit the official website – nfs.delhi.gov.in.
- Go to “Grievance Redressal” option from the menubar.
- It will take you to a page where you will be asked to click on “Grievance Redressal Portal” link.
- Click on the link and it will direct you to a new page where you can file your grievance.
- Select “Lodge Your Grievance” option from the portal.
- Grievance form will open on your screen, enter the information asked and hit on Submit button.
Track the Status of Grievance
You can Check Ration Card Status Delhi, the grievance in particular if you have submitted one with the official portal.
- Open the official portal of Grievance i.e https://pgms.delhi.gov.in/.
- Select “View Status of Your Grievance” option.
- Enter your “Grievance No. and Mobile Number/ Email” in the page opened.
- Click on submit and the status will be presented on your screen.
Delhi Ration Card FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions for you.
How to add family members in ration card online Delhi?
Step 1: To add a family member in Ration Card, the card holder should go to the circle office or GRC centres.
Step 2: Get a form from the office and fill the data like add the name and details of the family member you want to add to your ration card and submit the necessary proofs.
Step 3: The concerned authority will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
Step 4: For further processing the application will be sent to the concerned Ward/ Grama Panchayath official.
Step 5: After thorough verification the request will be approved or rejected. The ration-card if approveded will be issued in 30 days.
How to change the ration card shop in Delhi?
To change the ration card shop, the ration card holder should approach the respective ration office Or circle office or GRC centres and request them to change the address in the ration card.
How to get duplicate ration card in delhi?
In order to apply for a duplicate ration card in Delhi visit the ration office of your area or circle office or GRC centres.
Step 1: Get the respective form and fill it with the details asked.
Step 2: Write a letter stating the reason behind a new ration card request and attach the remains of original ration card.
Step 3: Submit the form with required documents to the respective authority.
Step 4: The office authority will issue a record number for reference.
The duplicate ration card shall be issued after processing the application carefully.
How much time it will take to get a new ration card in Delhi?
After submitting the application form along with documents, the new ration card will be issued within 15 days after successful verification.
If you still have queries regarding your ration card you can contact the Ration Card HelpLine Number Delhi. The Help Line No is 1967 and Toll Free No is 1800-11-0841.
We request all the eligible Delhi citizens to make best use of the Ration Card Delhi and enjoy the benefits bestowed by the government. We made sure to cover almost all the information regarding the Delhi ration card application, checking, downloading etc. We hope you are content with the info provided here. If so, kindly follow us by bookmarking our website. We shall update our page with latest info often. Also readers can have a glance at other states ration cards information in this portal.