The government of Gujarat often comes up with various developmental schemes for the poor and needy. It identifies the people that belong to the weaker sections of the society and grants them with ration. The ration is offered at a subsidized price. The subsidy price is a norm of the government and poor people are at great benefit of the ration. If you belong to the state of Gujarat and are thinking of applying for a Gujarat Ration Card or have any qualms about it, give this article a read. We have shared all the details here.
Table of Contents
- Gujarat Ration Card 2022
- Gujarat Ration Card Eligibility
- Types of Ration Cards in Gujarat
- Documents Required to Apply for Gujarat Ration Card
- How to Apply for Gujarat Ration Card?
- How to Check Gujarat Ration Card Status?
- Gujarat Ration Card Download Procedure
- How to get Gujarat Ration Card List Village Wise?
- Ration Card Helpline Number Gujarat
Gujarat Ration Card 2022
Gujarat ration cards can be acquired by the families or individuals that belong to the BPL and APL categories. The eligible people will be identified by the government and the ratio will be granted accordingly. People who don’t own a ration card despite being in the category that has all the benefits of the government can make use of the opportunity and apply for a Ration Card Online Gujarat as soon as possible. We made sure to discuss in this article all the information on the ration card application process, download procedure, status checking, FAQs etc.
Gujarat Ration Card Eligibility
If you want to apply for a ration card in Gujarat, these are the eligibility criteria that need to be satisfied by the applicants.
- Applicants who don’t own a ration card in their name or have lost their existing ration card are eligible to apply.
- You are not eligible to apply if you already have a ration card in your name that is in use.
- Only permanent residents of Gujarat can apply for Ration Card Gujarat.
- Newly married couples can also apply.
Types of Ration Cards in Gujarat
The ration cards are divided into three types based on the income of the citizens. They are:
- NFSA (PHH -APL 1, APL 2, BPL)
- Non-NFSA (PHH -APL 1, APL 2, BPL)
Documents Required to Apply for Gujarat Ration Card
Certain documents are considered essential while performing ration card Gujarat online apply. They are as follows:
- Identity proof like Aadhar card, Voter ID or Driving license etc
- Residence proof like a copy of electricity bill, water bill, property tax etc.
- Service attachment proof like the power of attorney letter, copy of will etc.
How to Apply for Gujarat Ration Card?
If you are in search of the procedure to apply for a ration card, you are in the right place. We have jotted down the easy steps to apply for the ration card in Gujarat state both online and offline. Check out both the procedures and use the method that is convenient to you.
1. Online Procedure
The online process to apply for a ration card is as below.
- Open the official website of Gujarat PDS – https://dcs-dof.gujarat.gov.in/index-eng.htm
- Login with your details if you already have your account registered or else register.
- Select the “Revenue” button and click on “More”.
- Find “Application for new ration card” and click on it.
- The form appears on the screen.
- Click on ” Download Form” and then click on the “Apply online” link.
- Fill the application form and submit the application form.
- This is how New Ration Card Online Apply Gujarat is performed.
2. Offline Procedure
To apply for a ration card offline follow the below steps.
- Visit the official website of Gujarat PDS.
- Select the “Revenue” button and click on “More”
- The Ration Card List Gujarat can also be acquired offline from the FPS.
- Click on “Application for new ration card” and the application form will appear.
- Click on “Download Form”.
- Fill the form manually and submit the form at your FPS along with the required documents.
- You can visit the nearest Mamlatdar/Talati/Jan Seva Kendra to get the application form.
How to Check Gujarat Ration Card Status?
If you are looking to find Ration Card Status Gujarat, here is the process for you.
- Visit the link that we have provided here – https://ipds.gujarat.gov.in/Register/frm_RationCardAbstract.aspx.
- On the page opened select Year, Month and Click on Go Button.
- The beneficiary list or status of the ration card will be displayed on the screen District / Taluka wise.
- You can check more deets by clicking on the respective region.
Gujarat Ration Card Download Procedure
Though one can download various application forms from the online portal of Gujarat PDS, there is no proper procedure for Ration Card Download Gujarat available as of yet. Citizen’s have to visit the nearest fair price shop to get their ration card.
How to get Gujarat Ration Card List Village Wise?
To obtain Gujarat Ration Card List Village Wise, you have to perform the following procedure.
- Visit the website – https://dcs-dof.gujarat.gov.in/live-info.htm.
- In the page opened click on “Area wise ration card details – NFSA”.
- Select the year and enter verification code and click on Search button.
- It will display the ration card list village wise.
Ration Card Helpline Number Gujarat
Citizens who have complaints regarding the ration they are receiving can contact the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department Gujarat. The Ration Card Helpline Number Gujarat is:
- Helpline number: 1967
- Toll-free number: 1800-233-5500
Here are a few frequently asked questions that we have answered for you.
1. How to get a barcoded ration card?
You have to fill Form-II and submit it along with the documents attested to get a barcode ration card.
2. How many days will it take to get a ration card in Gujarat?
The Gujarat PDS takes around 15 days to issue a new ration card.
3. How to add a new family member to Gujarat Ration Card?
To add a new family member to your existing Gujarat ration card, you have to fill Form – III.
This is all the information we have on Gujarat Ration Card. If you find this information useful do bookmark our MoneyCompass.Net and visit us frequently as we shall update this page with latest developments from the Gujarat ration card portal. If you have any queries please let us know through the comments section below. Let us also look more details about ration cards of various states in our website.