People across different parts of the world require a passport to travel from one country to another. A passport is a vital travel document issued by the Indian government to the citizens considering some vital factors. In case, people want to travel to another country crossing the Line of Control, the concerned authorities will issue an LoC Permit to the citizens. People who want to know complete information about the Line of Control can explore this article. In this post, we provided an in-depth guide on how to apply for LoC Permit Certificate, required documents, and more. Have a look!
Table of Contents
What is LoC Permit Certificate?
LoC Permit Certificate is issued to the residents of Jammu and Kashmir who are willing to visit their family or relatives residing across the Line of Control. Usually, RPO Jammu and RPO Srinagar issue the LoC Permits to the people who want to go across LoC for specific reasons like attending a wedding ceremony, funerals, and other important events. Line of Control is in short referred to as LoC. It is a military control line between the Indian and Pakistani-controlled regions of Jammu and Kashmir.
On the other hand, LoC permits are also issued to the natives of Jammu and Kashmir who are residing on another side of LoC. In that case, Pakistan Administered Kashmir [PAK] officials will issue the LoC Permit. People can apply for LoC Permit Certificate only online. There is no offline procedure for the LoC Permit Certificate application. The applicants need not pay any kind of fee for LoC Permit Certificate. For infants to travel with their parents, they need to apply for LoC Permits separately.
Documents Required for LoC Permit
The applicants need to submit some important documents to apply for LoC Permit. Check the list of documents required for the LoC Permit Certificate.
Address Proof in India
- Aadhaar Card
- Electricity Bill
- Voter ID or Election Commission Identity Certificate
- Telephone or Mobile Phone Bill
- State Subject Certificate attested by Gazetted Officer
Date of Birth Proof
- 10th Class or Matriculation Certificate
- SMC or TAC Certificate
- For applicants who are illiterates, Annexure A
Procedure to Apply for LoC Permit Certificate
The applicants can apply for LoC Permit Certificate only in online mode. There is no offline mode provision for the applicants to get an LoC Permit Certificate. Follow the steps furnished below to learn the complete guide on how to apply for LoC Permit Certificate:
- First of all, go to the official website of Passport Seva Portal i.e., at passportindia.gov.in.
- On the home page of the website, you can find the tab that reads, ‘New User Registration.’
- Click on it and complete the registration process by filling in your details in the form.
- You will get a login id to access the portal.
- Once again visit the home page and click on ‘Existing User Login’.
- Enter the Login Id and Password in the empty fields.
- You can find the link that says ‘LoC Permit’ under the tab ‘Online Services.’
- Click on it.
- On the next page, you can find the application form.
- Enter the crucial details in the form.
- Once you have entered all the details, submit them.
- Take a hard copy of the printout of the application form by clicking the link ‘View or Print Submitted Form.’
- Carry the printout of the filled application form along with other original documents to the Passport Office in Srinagar or Jammu.
- Make sure you affix a colored photograph on the application form.
- Besides this, carry 3 recent colored photos to the passport office.
That’s all! This is the easy procedure to apply for LoC Permit online.
LoC Police Verification
LoC Permits are not just given to the applicants only by the Passport Office authorities. The applicants’ antecedents will be verified by the Police department as well. The Criminal Investigation Department and Subsidiary Intelligence Bureau [SIB] will verify the Indian antecedents of the applicant. Upon the request of RPO, PAK authorities will verify the applicants’ relatives living across LoC. Pakistan Administered Kashmir officials request RPO Jammu or RPO Srinagar for verification of the relatives of the applicants living on the Indian side of the LoC. Further, RPOs request SIB and CID to carry out the verifications. Finally, it authorizes PAK authorities to issue LoC permits for the applicants whose verification had already been done by CID and SIB. The applicants who go through all these verifications and clear all of them without any difficulties are granted the LoC Permit Certificate.
Well, this is everything you need to know about the LoC Permit Certificate and the procedure to apply for it. Hopefully, this guide has given enough information about the LoC Permit. If you have any doubts or queries, just ask us in the comments section. Stay tuned to MoneyCompass to get more information about the passports, application procedure, required documents for different types of passports, and more.