A passport is an essential document issued to the citizens of India that certifies the identity and nationality of the individuals. It comprises some of the crucial details of the person such as the name, date of birth, signature, address, and more. In some cases, the passport holder might have to shift to some other place for job purposes or any other reason. The individual must change the address in their passport soon after settling in the new place. If you are not aware of the process of how to change address in passport, we are here to help you through this article. In this post, we provided an in-depth guide for Passport Address Change. Check it out!
Table of Contents
Procedure to Change Address in Passport
A passport is considered a mandatory document for those who are willing to travel to any foreign country. It identifies the individual as a citizen of a specific country. If you want to change or update passport address, you can do it via online mode. By visiting the official website of Passport Seva Portal, individuals can easily perform Passport Address Change Online. The individuals can get to know the detailed Passport Address Change Procedure in this guide. Have a look!
- Initially, go to the Passport Seva Portal and tap the link ‘New User Registration.’
- On the next page, enter the crucial details and finish the registration process.
- Using the login ID and password, log into the portal.
- On the home page, choose the option ‘Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport.’
- Select the 2nd option from the menu.
- Proceed to fill in the application form for the reissue of the passport.
- Fill in the details that include the application type, and the type of passport booklet.
- Hit the Next button.
- Choose the option ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications.’
- Hit the link ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ and proceed to make payment for the passport address change.
- Choose the Online Payment option. The individuals can pay the Passport Address Change Fee via internet banking, credit, or debit card. Another option is to use the challan payment in case you don’t want to pay the fee online.
- Pay the necessary fee and schedule an appointment for verification.
- Click the next button.
- Choose the nearest Passport Seva Kendra location and take a print of the application receipt.
Take the application receipt while you visit the Passport Seva Kendra on the scheduled appointment date. Make sure you carry all the necessary original documents [mentioned below] to the PSK. If you don’t have the printout of the receipt, you can even show the SMS that you have received on your phone during your visit to the PSK.
Documents Required for Address Change in Passport
Before heading to perform Passport Address Change India online, the individuals need to arrange the necessary documents required for the same. The applicants need to carry some vital documents at the time of visiting the Passport Seva Kendra [PSK]. In this post, we furnished the list of Documents Required for Address Change in Passport. Check it out!
- Original Passport
- A copy of the online application for address change
- Aadhaar Card
- Self-attested copy of 1st and last 2 pages of the passport
- Payment receipt or Challan receipt
- Current Address Proof
- Voter ID Card
- Self-attested copy of the ECR/ECNR Page
- Self-attested copy of validity extension page in case the passport has short validity
- Self-attested copy of the observation page in case it is issued by the passport issuing authority
- Water Bill
- Telephone or Mobile bill
- Electricity Bill
- Gas Connection Proof
- Registered Rental Agreement
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Passport copy of the Spouse [Applicant’s current address must match the spouse’s address in passport]
- Certificate from Employer of the renowned company on letterhead
- Photo passport of active bank account [Only Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks, Regional Rural Banks, and Scheduled Public Sector Banks]
In the case of minors, the individual must submit the aforementioned documents along with “No Objection Certificate -Annexure M or a prior intimation letter – Annexure N.
For Retired Government Servants, a copy of their Pension Payment Order is mandatory besides the above-said documents.
Fee Associated With Passport Address Change
The applicants need to pay a specific fee for Passport Address Change India. The Passport Address Change Fee will be the same as the fees for the reissue of a passport. This fee will depend on the passport type that you have applied for, the number of pages in the booklet, Tatkaal or normal application, etc. In this post, we provided the fee details in the tabular form below:
|Age of the Applicant||Passport Validity||Number of Pages in Booklet||Normal Charges||Tatkaal Charges|
|Below 15 Years||10 years or till holder reaches 18 years of age||36 pages||Rs. 1000||Rs. 3000|
|15 to 18 Years||5 years or till holder reaches 18 years of age||36 pages||Rs. 1000||Rs. 3000|
|15 to 18 Years||10 years||36 pages||Rs. 1500||Rs. 3500|
|15 to 18 Years||10 years||60 pages||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|18 Years and above||10 years||36 pages||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
|18 Years and above||10 years||60 pages||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
Passport Address Change FAQs
People may have some doubts and queries about the Passport Address Change Online. To help such individuals, we furnished some frequently asked questions along with answers in this post. Check it out!
- Is It Mandatory to Change Address in Indian Passport?
Yes, it is mandatory to update the Passport Address Change as it reflects the change in residence of the individual.
- Is Police Verification Required For Passport Renewal with Address Change?
Usually, police verification may not be required for reissue or address change. In some cases, post police verification will only be required. In case of a lost passport, change of name and a few corrections in the passport, police verification might be required.
- Which address is printed on the passport present or permanent?
The current/present address of the individual will be printed on the passport. The permanent address won't be endorsed.
Well, this is all you need to know about the Passport Address Change procedure. Hopefully, this guide has given adequate information about the passport address change fee, update passport address, required documents, and more. If you still have any doubts, ask us in the comments section. For more related articles and passport-related posts, visit our website frequently.