Aadhaar Card is the most important document issued to the residents of India. The Unique Identification Authority of India issues the Aadhaar Card to the Indian citizen by collecting the biometric and demographic data of the individual. Aadhaar is a unique 12-digit identification number. The Government of India has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar Card to bank accounts LPG Gas Connections, Voter ID card, and more. The applicants seeking to apply for a passport need to have an Aadhaar card as proof of identity. Wondering how to get a passport using Aadhaar Card? By linking the Aadhaar card with various services, the passport will be issued much sooner to the applicants. Here is to process to get Passport through Aadhaar Card. Check it out!
Table of Contents
Passport Authentication Based on Aadhaar Card
The Ministry of External Affairs has decided to depend on Aadhaar Card to speed up the passport issuance process. An Aadhaar card will be used as the identification of the applicant. Besides this, MEA will consider the NCRB [National Crime Records Bureau] database to validate the applicant’s antecedents. The applicants seeking to apply for a passport using an Aadhaar Card have a provision of postponing the police verification step during the application process. In this case, the lengthy procedure of the police verification step during the passport application procedure will be skipped until the passport issuance.
The applicant will receive his/her passport within 10 days from the date of application submission. However, the applicant must fulfill the condition of undergoing police verification upon receiving the passport. The applicant needs to attach their Aadhaar card as identity proof and sole address, as per the new format. Within 3 days from the application, the individual will get an appointment. Further, in about 7 days, the passport will be processed, issued, and dispatched to the applicant.
Procedure to Get Passport in 10 Days with Aadhaar Card
Looking to apply passport using Aadhaar Card? Just go through this guide. Follow the simple steps given below to learn how to get passport in 10 days with Aadhaar card.
Step 1: New User Registration
- At first, go to the official website of Passport Seva Portal.
- On the home page of the website, you can click the link ‘New User, Register Now.’
- By filling in some of the credentials such as passport Kendra, email id, and date of birth, complete the registration process.
- A new login id will be received by the applicant on their registered email id.
Step 2: Log in
- Using the new login id and password, log into the Passport Seva portal.
- You can then click the link ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of passport.’
- Click on the link.
Step 3: Fill in the Form
- In the application form, fill in some of the crucial details.
- Make sure you enter all the details in the form correctly without any typo.
- Enter the personal details of the applicant, family details, emergency contact details, address, and more in the form.
Step 4: Pay and Schedule Appointment
- Once you are done with the application form filling procedure, head to make the fee payment.
- Hit the link ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ displayed on the page ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications.’
- The applicant can make the payment online or offline. The online mode of payment includes internet banking, credit/debit card. In offline mode, the applicant needs to pay the fee via challan.
Step 5: Print Receipt
- After the completion of the payment, tap the link ‘Application Receipt.’
- Take a printout of the receipt for further reference.
- The receipt comprises the application reference number and appointment number.
Step 6: Verification
- On the day of the appointment, carry the originals of the important documents to the Passport Seva Kendra.
- Don’t forget to carry the application receipt, Aadhaar Card, and other documents to the PSK.
- In about 7 days, the applicant will receive a passport at home.
That’s all! This is the easy way to apply passport using Aadhaar Card. We hope this guide on how to get passport in 10 days with Aadhaar Card has given enough information. For more doubts and queries, just ask us in the comments section. Get more related articles regarding Passport, types of passport, and more on our website. Stay tuned!
Disclaimer: Most of the information in this article is accurate. However, in a few cases, it may take more than 10 days for the issuance of a passport using an Aadhaar Card.