Lakhs of people across India have been using a variety of credit cards in the recent period as it comes with a plethora of benefits, exclusive offers, and privileges. By accessing credit cards, the customers can enjoy unlimited services in the form of purchasing products at lower interest rates. Sometimes, people might have a few issues with credit card transactions. In such a case, they can immediately raise a dispute in SBI Credit Card. As the usage of credit cards has rapidly increased among the public, SBI Card disputes have been increasing eventually.
Once you report any sort of credit card fraudulent transactions on your credit card, the concerned bank authorities will suggest you register an SBI card transaction dispute form. Before filing a dispute form, the customers need to know when to file a dispute form. An individual needs to understand the credit card transactions on which you raise a dispute. To learn more about the SBI Credit Card Dispute Form, the procedure to raise disputes in SBI Card, and more, just go through this detailed guide. In this article, we furnished complete information on how to raise dispute in SBI Credit Card. Have a glimpse!
Table of Contents
- SBI Credit Card Transaction Dispute
- What kind of SBI Credit Card Transactions can be Disputed?
- How to Raise Dispute in SBI Credit Card?
- How to Track Dispute Status?
SBI Credit Card Transaction Dispute
SBI Credit Card Transaction Disputes can be raised by the cardholders whenever they notice fraudulent transactions performed on their credit cards. You can check the transaction history for that. People have a provision to raise a dispute by filing an SBI Card Dispute Form and submitting the same to the concerned banking authorities. In case, the transaction done on your credit card wasn’t authorized by the cardholder, they can immediately register the sbi card dispute.
Wondering when to raise an SBI transaction dispute? Well, people can file a dispute form for various reasons. Whenever you experience a fraudulent or unauthorized transaction then, you must raise a dispute immediately by calling the customer helpline. Soon, they will block your credit card to avoid further misuse of the credit card. As per the vital guidelines of the Reserve Bank of India, if you have witnessed a fraudulent transaction over your SBI Credit Card then, you must report the same within 3 working days from the date of receiving the information regarding the transaction. In such a case, the credit cardholder will be zero liable for the loss. In case, you report the dispute within 4 to 7 working days, limited liability will be levied on the cardholder.
If in case, reporting the unauthorized transaction after 7 working days, the cardholder will be liable as per the bank’s board-approved policy. In case, you are not able to contact the bank through the customer helpline number, you can simply write to them through an email. Otherwise, you can even contact customer care directly. It is always important to have written proof whenever you are seeking to raise a dispute. In this post, you can check the reasons behind raising a dispute over SBI Credit Card transactions. There are different methods to raise a dispute for transactions performed online. After registering a dispute form, the cardholders can keep a sbi card track dispute. Let’s get into the detailed guide!
What kind of SBI Credit Card Transactions can be Disputed?
Customers can raise a dispute over their SBI Credit Card transactions for plenty of reasons. One must get to know what type of credit card transaction disputes can be raised. Regardless of the mode of the sbi card dispute, it is highly important to report the matter to SBI Cards as soon as possible without any delay. Some of the disputes might look customary. However, there are still some other disputes you might be confused about whether they can be raised or not. Here are some of the instances where credit cardholders can file their complaints against credit card transactions. Check it out!
An unauthorized transaction might happen on your credit card even without performing any transaction. If your credit card is stolen or lost, a fraudulent transaction might happen.
2. Invalid Transaction Amount
This might happen when the billed amount on a specific transaction is different from the original amount charged on the purchased item or product.
3. Cancelled/Failed Transactions
If a specific credit card transaction is failed or cancelled and even then you were billed for the transaction or you haven’t received the refund from the concerned merchant, then, you have a chance to register a dispute.
4. Multiple Times Amount Debited using the Credit Card for a single transaction
For a single credit card transaction, if you were billed twice then, it is considered multiple debits. This sort of thing might happen unintentionally sometimes or by mistake. In such a case, you can file a dispute. A dispute can be filed when you receive a message or a credit card statement witnessing the double debit.
5. ATM Cash Not Received
Whenever you started cash withdraw using your credit card at a specific ATM, the transaction was processed but the cash wasn’t received and yet you are billed for the amount. If you receive a partial amount than the actual billed amount then, you can file a sbi card transaction dispute form.
6. Goods/Services not received
Whenever you have ordered certain products, goods, and services online through a credit card but those goods haven’t been received even after contacting the concerned person, you can raise a dispute. If you have been waiting for a long period for the ordered goods then, you can raise a dispute.
If you have any of the aforementioned reasons, you can raise a sbi credit card dispute. For that, you need to have an SBI card transaction dispute form.
How to Raise Dispute in SBI Credit Card?
Using two different methods, the cardholders can raise SBI Credit Card Dispute. One is through the official SBI Card website and the SBI Card mobile app. If you have ever experienced any of the aforementioned transactions using your credit card then, you can take proper action to evade further exploitation on your credit card. As soon as you report or file a dispute over the SBI Credit card transaction, you will be less affected by the loss that took place. There is no need to contact any SBI executive instead, you can access any of the two below-given methods. Check it out!
1. Through SBI Card Website
Follow the simple steps furnished below to understand how to raise dispute in SBI Credit Card through the official SBI Card website. Check it out!
- First of all, go to the official website of the SBI Card from your device.
- On the home page of the website, you will find a ‘Login’ button to Log in to the account.
- Fill in the crucial login credentials in the given fields i.e., the User ID and Password.
- Hit the Login button. Once you have logged into your account, you will find the ‘Services’ tab.
- From the list of services displayed on the screen, you need to select ‘Dispute Transaction’.
- Further, choose the date range from the drop-down menu.
- You can then select the transactions for which you want to raise a dispute by ticking the checkbox.
- Choose the relevant category of the SBI Card Dispute and mention the valid reason briefly in the given comment box for disputing.
- On the next screen, you need to tick the checkbox next to ‘I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.’ It asks you ‘Would you like to continue?’
- Confirm the submission by tapping the button ‘Confirm Dispute’ and make a note of the service request number for further reference purposes.
- That’s it! This is the easy procedure to raise a dispute online through the official SBI Card website.
2. Through SBI Card Mobile App
In this post, we furnished the detailed steps to raise a dispute in SBI Credit Card through the SBI Card mobile app. Follow the steps given below:
- Initially, download the SBI Card mobile app from your mobile device.
- By following the on-screen instructions, you can finish the installation procedure.
- Open the SBI Card app from your phone.
- Enter the crucial details in the given fields to log into the account.
- Go to Settings >> select the option ‘Services’.
- On the next screen, you can find a list of services displayed on the page.
- Further, choose the option ‘Dispute Transaction.’
- You can then select the type of transaction from the two options i.e., Settled Transactions and In-Process Transactions.
- Select one option from the two options and click on the button ‘Next.’
- Choose your credit card account displayed on the screen.
- Choose the transaction that you want to dispute just by ticking the checkbox. Hit the Next button.
- Select a proper reason for your dispute from the drop-down menu. If you still want to provide some other details, you can type in some additional details in the given space. Hit the Apply button.
- You have successfully raised a dispute for your credit card transaction.
That’s all! This is the easy procedure to raise sbi credit card dispute using the mobile app.
How to Track Dispute Status?
After raising a dispute over your SBI Credit Card transaction, you can track your dispute status online. There are two different ways to sbi card track dispute i.e., through the official website and the mobile app. Check it out!
1. Through SBI Card Website
- At first, go to the official SBI Card website from your device.
- On the home page of the website, you need to log into the account.
- Using the User ID and Password, log into your account.
- Hit the Login button. On the dashboard of your account, you will find the ‘Services’ Tab. Just click it.
- From the list of services displayed on the screen, you need to select the option ‘Track Dispute’.
- Further, you can view all the disputed transactions on the screen.
- You can choose the disputed transactions that you want to view and track progress.
- You can then upload the relevant documents to get your request processed further if required.
- After uploading the PDF document, you can then hit the Submit button.
2. Through SBI Card Mobile App
Another procedure to track the SBI Credit Card Transaction dispute is using the SBI Card mobile app. Follow the simple steps given below:
- Open the SBI Card mobile app from your phone.
- Log into your account using the login details User ID and Password.
- On the next screen, you need to click on the ‘Services’ option.
- From the drop-down menu, you need to select the service ‘Track Disputed Transactions’.
- On the next screen, you can view and track the progress of your disputed transaction.
- That’s all! This is the simple procedure to sbi card track dispute transactions.
In general, SBI Card authorities will resolve the disputes within 45-60 days from the date of receipt of the Transaction Dispute Form alongside the supporting documents. The customers can send the Transaction Dispute Form and the supporting documents within 25 days from the date of transactions to the given address.
SBI Cards & Payment Services Ltd.,
12th floor, DLF infinity tower,
Tower-C, Block no-2, Building-3,
DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon-122002, Haryana.
After receiving the dispute form alongside the supporting documents within the stipulated time, SBI will start an investigation on the raised dispute. A written acknowledgment will be received by the cardholder confirming that the claimed dispute has been handled by the bank. In case, SBI requires any other documents, it informs you regarding the same. Further, the bank begins the investigation process by contacting the member bank and requesting them to provide information regarding the disputed transaction. If the member bank comes with a clarification, SBI will get back to you stating the same. Considering the proofs and documents, the bank will start looking for a solution. This entire procedure takes at least 45 to 60 days.
If the bank finds that the dispute raised by the customer was correct then, the amount will be credited to their account within a stipulated time. If the claim made by the cardholder is proved incorrect, the bank will make them liable for the loss. Besides, the bank will also levy a penalty following the bank policies and norms. Still, you are not satisfied with the solution given by the bank, you can send a progressive dispute form to the bank asking them to investigate further over the same issue. This makes the bank once again look over the progress of the dispute with the merchant bank. For more information related to the disputes that can be raised over an SBI Credit Card transaction and other details, stay tuned to this website.
These are the different ways to raise a dispute in SBI Credit Card. Using any of the ways you can easily make sbi credit card dispute settlement. We hope this guide has given enough information on how to raise dispute in sbi credit card, different reasons for raising the disputes, and more. For more doubts and queries regarding the sbi credit card dispute form, tracking procedure, and more, just ask us in the comments section. We try to answer your queries with precise solutions under this post. To learn more about the SBI Credit Cards, benefits, privileges, and more, just stay tuned to our website MoneyCompass.