A credit card is a financial boon to every individual who loves to spend on shopping, dining, movies, entertainment, and much more. Just by using a credit card, people can purchase anything, anytime even if you don’t have cash ready in your pocket. Apart from this magical service of a credit card, the customers can also earn unlimited reward points. State Bank of India offers a slew of credit card options to customers.
The credit cardholders can enjoy unlimited privileges, and exclusive benefits in the form of reward points, vouchers, cash back offers, and more at the time of shopping, dining, travel, etc. SBI offers a facility to redeem the reward points earned by the cardholders while shopping, buying movie tickets, travel, and more. SBI Credit Card Reward Points can be redeemed for a variety of gifts, e-vouchers, Airmiles, and cash. Here is a complete guide on how to earn and redeem SBI credit card reward points through different methods. Have a look!
Table of Contents
How to Earn SBI Credit Card Reward Points?
State Bank of India is one of the leading and highly reputed banks in the country offering a wide range of banking and financial services to customers. SBI Card provides a variety of credit cards to people who wish to make purchases frequently without spending money all the time. At the time of shopping, dining, movies, entertainment, and more using the SBI Credit Card, people can get exclusive reward points, cashback offers, and a lot more. As part of the exclusive SBI Card Rewards Program, the cardholders can gain interesting rewards and reward points on a variety of SBI Credit Cards.
Wondering how to earn SBI Credit card reward points? Well, the cardholders have the benefit of earning reward points upon purchasing things at various retail stores. However, there is no exclusive method or way of earning SBI Credit Card Reward Points. The cardholders can easily earn SBI Credit Card Reward Points only upon making purchases using the card at various retail stores. Using any kind of SBI Credit Card, the cardholders can purchase their preferred goods, groceries, etc., at any of the retail outlets.
Upon making purchases, you can get unlimited benefits in the form of reward points. Once you earn the reward points, you can further exchange those points for gift vouchers, merchandise, and more. Sometimes, the SBI reward points can also be exchanged for the fee reversal i.e., that particular amount can be utilized for the repayment of the due amount on the credit card. However, not all transactions done using the SBI Credit Card may provide reward points to the cardholders. Whenever you make the following transactions through a credit card, you will not earn reward points. Check it out!
- Withdrawal of Cash
- Encash or Dial-a-draft Provision
- Purchases at service stations or Petrol Pumps
- E-Wallet loading transactions
- Financial Charges such as dishonored cheque charges, late payment charges, and others
- Balance Transfer
- Disputed Transactions
All the reward points accumulated on your SBI Credit Card can be seen online i.e., through the official website of SBI Card. After logging into your credit card account, you can find the reward points earned or accumulated on your credit card. All the reward points that you have earned for every transaction done on the credit card will be displayed on the screen. If you want to check your transaction history you can do it in three ways.
SBI Reward Points Value in Rupees
Confused about how to use SBI credit card reward points? Every time the cardholders purchase groceries, or things at different departmental stores, they earn several reward points based on the type of credit card. There is a specific SBI reward points value for the SBI Reward Points in rupees offered to the cardholders. As per the SBI Card terms and conditions, the value of SBI Reward Points in Rupees is equal to Rs. 0.25. For instance, if you gain 1000 SBI Credit Card Reward Points, you can get Rs. 250.
If you are still unknown how to use SBI reward points, those redeemed reward points worth can be exchanged for a catalogue of gifts such as merchandise and other gifts. This is the case when you redeem the reward points exchanged for the catalogue. But, if you redeem SBI reward points as Airmiles then, the value will be different. 5 SBI Credit Card Reward Points will be equivalent to 1 Intermile. To purchase flight tickets using the intermiles in case you are a frequent traveller through flights.
1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
4 Reward Points = Re. 1
5 Reward Points = 1 Intermile
Using these reward points, you can access them while paying your credit card bills or purchasing products at various outlets. Despite having a specific SBI reward points value in rupees, it also has an expiry date. One must utilize the reward points by redeeming those points either into SBI reward points value in rupees or merchandise.
How to Redeem SBI Credit Card Reward Points
Want to know how to redeem SBI reward points? There are a variety of methods to redeem SBI reward points through online or offline modes. Cardholders can redeem SBI credit card reward points online through the official website, of SBI Card, mobile app, and through customer care service. Cardholders can redeem the reward points for purchasing a variety of products such as accessories, apparel, electronics, and more. Check the detailed procedure on how to redeem SBI reward points through different ways furnished below:
1. Redeem Rewards Through SBI Card Website
Follow the simple steps furnished below to understand the procedure to redeem rewards through the SBI Card website.
- Initially, navigate to the official website of the SBI Card from your PC.
- On the home page of the website, you will find the Login button.
- Just click on the button and you will be redirected to a new page wherein you must fill in the User ID and Password.
- Hit the Login button.
- You will be landed on your SBI Credit Card account dashboard.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, you can tap on the option ‘Rewards’ from the dashboard.
- A drop-down menu will be displayed with a total of 3 options.
- Click on the option ‘Reward Summary’ to check how many rewards points your account holds or the total accumulation of rewards earned on the account.
- As you are seeking to redeem the reward points, you need to click on the option ‘Redeem Rewards’ from the dashboard.
- On the screen, you can find the available items that can be redeemed using the reward points.
- You can either select the e-voucher for the rewards redemption or simply check the rewards catalogue at the bottom of the page.
- Select the range of reward points i.e., 0 to 2000 points, 2001 to 3000, and more.
- Select your city wherein you reside.
- Choose your desired category in which you wish to redeem the reward points and use them for purchasing various items.
- Some of the available categories include accessories, apparel, superstore, electronics, books, etc.
- Select your preferred category and head to the next option.
- In case, there is no available item in that particular category, you can go with another category or simply choose an e-voucher.
- Click on the button ‘Redeem Now’ on that particular e-voucher.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to claim this product.
- On the same page, you can find the estimated delivery time of the product that you have selected in the form of an e-voucher.
- Next, click on the button ‘Add to Cart.’
- Based on the reward balance, you can add multiple items to your cart.
- Further, navigate to the section ‘My Shopping Cart’ next to the Reward Catalogue section.
- On that page, you can check the total redemption fees of the e-voucher.
- You need to tick a couple of checkboxes to confirm that you have read all the terms and conditions and your e-voucher code will be received on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Further, click on the button ‘Place Order.’
- You will receive the code on your email id and mobile number.
- A message will be displayed on the screen stating ‘Congratulations! Your request to redeem your reward points for the below items has been taken. You can find the item name and item code below the message.
- Once you have successfully placed the order whilst the reward redemption process, you can go back to check the redemption history.
- The redemption history comprises a list of rewards that you had already redeemed in the past including the date, number of reward points, type of redemption [e-voucher or gift or merchandise], amount spent, and the reward status.
- For the recent SBI reward points redemption process, you can find the status of rewards in the form of the following messages – work in progress, gift delivered, etc.
- Now, you can find the procedure on how to redeem SBI Reward Points.
- For instance, you have received an amazon e-voucher in the form of reward points, you must follow the below-given process.
- Visit the official website of Amazon.in from your device.
- Navigate to the option ‘Accounts and Lists’ on the top of the screen.
- Click on it and you need to tap the option ‘Your Account’.
- On the next page, you need to tap the option ‘Amazon Pay Balance’.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page further and click on the link ‘Have an Amazon Gift Card? Add it to your Account’.
- You need to enter the code that you have received on your registered mobile number. Click on the button ‘Add to your Balance’.
- Immediately, your Amazon Pay Balance will be credited with the amount that you have acquired through the reward points.
That’s all! This is the easy procedure to redeem SBI reward points through the SBI Card website.
2. Redeem Rewards Through SBI Card Mobile App
Another method to redeem SBI Reward Points is through the SBI Card mobile app. Follow the easy steps presented below to redeem credit card reward points through the mobile app.
- First of all, open the SBI Card mobile app from your smartphone.
- Log in to the mobile app using vital login details such as the user id and password. Hit the login button.
- Click on the option ‘Rewards’ displayed on the left-hand side of the screen.
- You can then select the option ‘Redeem Rewards’.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to select the reward points’ range from the drop-down menu.
- Select your city and your preferred category from the list of categories based on your requirement.
- A series of reward items in the chosen category will be displayed on the screen.
- Select your desired reward item that you want to purchase.
- Further, just click on the button ‘Redeem Now.’
- On the next page, tick the checkbox ‘Add to cart’.
- Enter the necessary details regarding your delivery address.
- Verify and update all your details under the ‘My Shopping Cart’ tab.
- Choose your delivery address and accept the disclaimer after reading the terms and conditions.
- Hit the button ‘Place Order’ for the order confirmation.
- That’s all! This way you can fruitfully redeem your reward points through the SBI Card Mobile app.
- Further, you can even check your redemption details in the redemption history section of your SBI Credit Card account dashboard present on the left-hand side menu of the screen.
3. Redeem Cash Against Reward Points Contacting SBI
The SBI Cardholders can also redeem reward points by converting them into cash. For the conversion of reward points into cash, the cardholders need to contact the relevant executives of SBI Customer Care Service. We have provided the SBI Card customer care information below. Check it out!
SBI Card Toll-Free Numbers:
- 1800 180 1290
- (Prefix local STD code) 39 02 02 02
All you need to do is simply call the aforementioned toll-free number and speak to the corresponding executive regarding the rewards redemption. As per the guidelines of the SBI Card customer care executives, you can proceed accordingly to how to use SBI credit card reward points and convert them into cash. We had already discussed the procedure on how to convert SBI Reward Points to Cash in detail on the website. Just check it for a detailed explanation.
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about the SBI credit card reward points. We hope this guide on how to redeem SBI reward points has given you adequate information like the ways to redeem the reward points either online or offline, the value of reward points in rupee, and more. Still, if you have any queries regarding this topic, ask us in the comments space. Be in touch with us through our website to get more content based on SBI Credit Cards.