A Passport is an important document issued to Indian individuals by the Indian Government who is seeking to travel across different countries globally. Besides being considered a crucial travel document, the passport also acts as an identity proof of the citizen. Using this passport, an individual can easily travel out of India. The citizens are permitted to visit abroad with the help of the Passport.
The Passport of an Indian individual comprises some of the vital details of the passport holder that include the name, age, address, signature, photo, and other details. In specific circumstances, the passport holders might have to change specific details on the passports after using them for some time. Individuals have a provision to change certain information on their passports such as the name, address, and more. In this article, let’s discuss the procedure on How to Remove Spouse Name from Passport. Take a look!
Table of Contents
How to Remove Spouse Name from Passport?
Mostly, people feel the necessity of changing the spouse name on the Indian Passport in specific cases such as separation of the couples legally and the death of the spouse. The Passport authority permits the individuals to remove spouse name from passport in the case of the aforementioned circumstances. The Passport holder can delete the spouse’s name from the passport through the official website of Passport Seva Portal or at the Passport Seva Kendra in the nearby city.
One can quickly procure Form 2 at one of the PSK centers and fill in the form to apply for the Passport Spouse Name Removal. The passport holders need to submit some of the vital documents alongside the application form during the Deletion of Spouse Name in Indian Passport. Besides changing the spouse’s name on the passport, the individuals can even change the details such as the age, photo, address, and more. In this article, we provided the procedure to remove spouse name from passport. Check it out!
Procedure to Delete Spouse Name in Indian Passport
The procedure of deleting the spouse name in an Indian Passport is quite simple through the official website or at the nearby Passport Seva Kendra. This guide also explains the procedure on how to remove spouse name from Indian Passport after Divorce. Check it out!
- People who are seeking to Delete Spouse Name in Passport must visit the official website of the Passport Seva Portal or at one of the Passport Seva Kendras.
- The passport holders need to procure a Form 002 either online or offline. Form 002 is usually required for miscellaneous services of the passport holders.
- In case, the applicants wish to download Form 002 online, the individuals need to select the option ‘Reissue of Passport‘.
- Further, the applicants must choose the option ‘Change in Existing Personal Particular’
- Select the ‘Name of the Spouse’ and choose the option ‘Change in Existing Individual Particulars.’
- Go to the Passport Office based on your selected place of appointment.
- Make sure you carry the required documents and the application form to the PSK.
- In case, you have scheduled the appointment online, there is no necessity to acquire an offline token.
- On the date and time of appointment, the passport holders must visit the PSK by carrying the required documents.
- The passport holders can even send the essential documents through any representative.
- Once the applicant has submitted the application, the passport authorities will verify the documents, and the application form.
- The Deletion of Spouse Name in Indian Passport will be done successfully.
That’s all! This is the easy procedure on How to Remove Spouse Name from Indian Passport after Divorce.
At the time of application for the Passport Spouse Name Removal, the passport holders need to make an appointment with the PSK, pay the specific fee, and visit the PSK with the below-given documents:
- Application Form
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Identity
- Original Passport [Existing Passport] alongside Self-attested photocopies of the 1st and last two pages of the same
- A copy of the spouse’s death certificate [In case the spouse has expired]
- Sworn Affidavit/Deed Poll as per Annexure E
- Self-attested copy of the divorce certificate or divorce decree [In case the couple has divorced or separated]
Make sure you carry the aforementioned documents to the Passport Seva Kendra along with the application form.
That’s it! This is everything you need to know about the procedure on How to Remove Spouse Name from Passport. We hope this guide has given adequate information about the procedure to remove spouse name from passport, required documents, and more. If you still have any doubts or queries, just ask us in the comments section. Stay in touch with this website to know more about the passport services, application procedure, and more. For more related articles and posts, visit our website frequently.