Planning an international business trip or a private tour? If so, it is better to utilize a debit card that offers global access to the cardholders. If you have an SBI VISA Global Debit Card for which you hold an account, you can access the same for the period of your stay in any of the countries. By owning an SBI debit card that renders global access, you can easily carry out international transactions without any additional exorbitant fees.
Wondering what is the best international SBI Debit Card? SBI Global International Debit Card is one such exceptional global contactless debit card that delivers a unique cashless shopping experience to customers. State Bank of India is the most popular and leading public sector bank in the nation that offers a wide range of banking products. SBI Debit Card is an incredible product made available to all its eligible customers across the nation.
As there is a slew of SBI debit cards available in the market, one would get confused whilst picking a perfect debit card. An individual planning to apply for an SBI Global Contactless debit card need to select the best one by considering a few vital factors. However, the major reason behind people choosing the SBI Global Debit Card is its provision of international access.
Here is an in-depth guide explaining the significance of the SBI Global Debit Card, its key benefits, transaction and withdrawal limit, annual charges, eligibility criteria, and more. Have a look!
Table of Contents
- SBI Global International Debit Card
- SBI Global International Debit Card Benefits
- SBI Global Debit Card Limits
- SBI Global Debit Card Charges
- SBI Global International Debit Card Eligibility
- How to Apply SBI Global Debit Card?
- SBI Global Debit Card FAQs
SBI Global International Debit Card
Looking to apply for an SBI Global Debit Card? SBI Global Contactless debit card is a unique debit card that provides a great convenience of cashless shopping anytime, anywhere. Upon making purchases using the SBI Global Debit Card, you can earn copious SBI Rewardz points and gain attractive bonuses. The cardholders can access this debit card at the time of purchasing goods at various merchant outlets.
One can make payments through the SBI VISA Global Debit Card online and besides this, you can withdraw cash from your account using the debit card all over India and abroad as well. SBI Global International debit card is a contactless card that comes integrated with an EMV Chip for extra security of your cashless transactions. Whenever you wish to make electronic payments, all you need to do is to wave this contactless debit card near the PoS terminal without the need of swiping the card on the PoS machine. As a result, this debit card will always be in the safe hands of the cardholders.
SBI Global International Contactless Debit Card is a Mastercard cum Visa Card that can be applied by the willing SBI customers either from the nearby SBI branch or through any of the online mediums such as net banking, mobile app, etc. One can utilize this debit card to get an incredible shopping experience at more than 52 lakh merchant outlets in the nation and about 30 million across the globe. In this guide, we have explained the detailed procedure on how to apply for an SBI Global Contactless debit card. Check it out!
SBI Global International Debit Card Benefits
SBI offers a plethora of SBI Global debit card benefits to cardholders in various categories. We have compiled a big list of significant benefits of the SBI Global Debit Card in this post. Have a look!
- One of the noteworthy SBI Global debit card benefits is that it can be accessed by cardholders in India and other countries across the globe.
- An individual can easily apply for the SBI Global Contactless debit card as it requires minimal documentation and the applicants need to fulfill very few eligibility conditions.
- Cardholders can earn an additional 2 points upon spending Rs. 200 every time on various categories such as shopping, dining, fuel filling, travel, and e-commerce.
- Customers can get 200 activation bonus points.
- This debit card provides extra security to your funds even if you have lost or misplaced or stolen a debit card. Once you get to know that you have lost your debit card then, your card will be blocked immediately.
- Carrying out seamless and smooth transactions either online or offline is one of the significant benefits of the SBI VISA Global Debit Card. Moreover, this debit card can be accessed at all PoS terminals.
- Upon making purchases using this debit card, you can get an extra benefit of attractive rewards that include several reward points and exclusive cashback offers.
- Debt Management becomes quite simple and beneficial through this debit card compared to an SBI Credit Card as a debit card enables the cardholders to make purchases only based on the available funds.
SBI Global Debit Card Limits
SBI Global International Debit Card provides a daily cash limit at ATMs and a daily purchase limit [both online and offline] to its cardholders. There will be both minimum and maximum SBI Global debit card withdrawal limit benefits available to the customers. The cash limit range will depend on the location in which you use this debit card i.e., both domestic and international locations.
The daily minimum cash SBI Global debit card limit at domestic ATMs is Rs. 100 while the maximum cash limit is Rs. 40000. In the case of the international regions, the daily cash limit will vary from one ATM to another ATM. The maximum daily cash limit at international ATMs using this debit card differs from one country to another country in respect to a maximum of foreign currency equivalent of Rs. 40000.
There is no daily minimum transaction SBI Global debit card limit at the point of sales terminals or online mediums at domestic locations. The maximum daily Point of Sales or online transaction limit in domestic regions is Rs. 75000. In the case of international locations, the maximum daily transaction limit available to the SBI Global Contactless debit cardholders depends on the country in regard to the maximum foreign currency equivalent of Rs. 75000.
In the case of the maximum daily online transaction limit, the maximum transaction limit is the foreign currency equivalent of Rs. 50000. However, this limit is available only on specific international online websites.
SBI Global Debit Card Domestic Access
- Minimum Daily Cash Limit at ATMs: Rs. 100
- Maximum Daily Cash Limit at ATMs: Rs. 40000
- Minimum Daily Transaction Limit [PoS/Online]: No Limit
- Maximum Daily Transaction Limit [PoS/Online]: Rs. 75000
SBI Global Debit Card International Access
- Minimum Daily Cash Limit at ATMs: Differs from ATM to ATM
- Maximum Daily Cash Limit at ATMs: Differs from one country to another, subject to a maximum of Foreign Currency Equivalent of Rs. 40000
- Minimum Daily Transaction Limit [PoS/Online]: No Limit but depends on local rules and regulations
- Maximum Daily Transaction Limit
- PoS Transaction Limit: Varies from country to country subject to a maximum of foreign currency equivalent of Rs. 75000
- Online Transaction Limit: Maximum per month limit of foreign currency equivalent to Rs. 50000 available at select global online portals
SBI Global Debit Card Charges
In this post, we have curated the list of SBI Global debit card charges including the annual charges, issuance charges, maintenance charges, and card replacement charges in the tabular form furnished below:
|SBI Global Debit Card Particulars||Charges|
|Annual Maintenance Charges||Rs. 125 plus GST|
|Card Replacement Charges||Rs. 300 plus GST|
|Balance Enquiry||Rs 25 + GST|
|Cash Withdrawal at ATM||Rs 100 min. + 3.5% of TXN. AMT. + GST|
|PoS/Online Transactions||3% of Transaction Amount + GST|
SBI Global International Debit Card Eligibility
Check the basic eligibility criteria to apply for an SBI Global Contactless debit card furnished below:
- Applicant must have at least 18 years of age to apply for this debit card.
- On behalf of minors, the guardians or parents of that particular individual can apply for the debit card.
- Applicant needs to hold either a savings or current account at any of the branches of SBI.
- Must hold any government-approved identity and a proof of address that include an Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Passport, etc.
How to Apply SBI Global Debit Card?
Wondering how to apply for SBI VISA Global Debit Card? One can easily apply for this debit card either online or offline. By visiting the nearest bank branch, you can contact the corresponding executive regarding the SBI Global Debit Card application.
The executive will ask you for your eligibility and if you meet the eligibility criteria, you will be asked to submit some crucial KYC documents. If you want to apply for the SBI Global Debit Card online then, you can visit the official website of SBI. Follow the simple steps furnished below:
- First of all, visit the SBI official website i.e., onlinesbi.com.
- On the home page of the website, you can find the Login section.
- Click on the button that reads ‘Continue to Login’.
- On the next screen, you need to fill in the vital login credentials such as the user ID and Password.
- Hit the Login button. After logging into your net banking account, you need to navigate to the tab ‘e-Services’ displayed at the top of the screen.
- A list of services will be shown in the drop-down menu.
- From the list, you need to select the option ‘ATM Card Services’.
- On the next screen, you can find a total of 6 different options.
- You can find the option ‘Request ATM/Debit Card’. Just click on it.
- On the next page, you will be prompted to select the primary account.
- Select the card category and enter your name in the below field.
- Select the type of card from the drop-down list i.e., Master/Visa Card.
- Tick the checkbox to accept all the terms and conditions.
- Hit the Submit button.
- The preview of all your account details, card details, and type of card will be shown on the screen.
- Select the delivery address at which the ATM/Debit Card will be sent i.e., registered address or new address.
- If you want to give a new residential address, you need to fill in the new address details.
- Further, hit the submit button.
- On the next page, you need to select an option to validate i.e., using OTP or using a profile password.
- Select your preferred option based on the availability. If you have a registered mobile number with SBI authorities, you can proceed with the OTP option.
- Your registered mobile number will be received OTP. Enter the same in the given field.
- Hit the Submit button.
- On the next screen, you can find a message stating that ‘Congratulations, your card request has been recorded. You will receive your Debit Card within 7-8 working days.’
That’s all! This is the simple procedure to apply for an SBI Global International Debit Card through the official website.
SBI Global Debit Card FAQs
In this post, we have presented the most frequently asked questions along with precise answers about the SBI Global Debit Card. Check it out!
How to activate SBI Global Debit Card?
You can activate the SBI Global Contactless debit card in different ways i.e., through SMS, internet banking, and via the YONO SBI app.
Can SBI Global Debit Card be used internationally?
Yes, you can use SBI Global Debit Card to withdraw cash or perform online transactions in various countries globally. You can make quick payments or purchase products using this debit card.
Does SBI Global Debit Card have lounge access?
No, SBI Global Debit Card doesn’t offer lounge access to the cardholders.
Well, this is everything you need to know about the SBI Global International Debit Card. Hopefully, this guide has given enough information about the SBI VISA Global Debit Card. Through this guide, we have covered crucial details such as the SBI Global debit card charges, key benefits, withdrawal limit, transaction limit, eligibility criteria, and more.
If you have any other doubts or queries regarding this topic, don’t hesitate to ask us in the comments space. Visit our website – Money Compass for more articles related to SBI accounts, debit cards, credit cards, etc.