Thinking to Apply DD online SBI? DD is an acronym for Demand Draft. State Bank of India offers a unique banking product to its customers i.e., demand draft. Most people access a demand draft to carry out a variety of banking transactions. A Demand Draft, popularly known as DD is a vital negotiable instrument that can be utilized by the customers to issue a draft at the respective bank branch to the drawer.
Issuing a demand draft indicates that the draft will be directed to another bank i.e., the drawee and the sender can pay the precise amount to that particular party. The drawee bank holds the complete responsibility to make payment fully through a Demand Draft once the DD is produced by the payee to the select bank for making payment of a specific amount at the bank branch.
Mostly, the educational institutions across different regions of the nation will ask their students to issue an SBI Online Demand Draft in favor of the college’s name to pay relevant exam fees or course fees. Demand Drafts are highly secured banking products that cannot be nullified easily by any individual. Demand Drafts are the vital orders that are carried between two different banks to send and receive a specific amount.
Let us go through the in-depth guide that explains the procedure on How to Make Demand Draft in SBI Online. Have a glimpse!
How to Issue Demand Draft Online In SBI
Wondering How to Make DD Online In SBI? If you are not sure about the procedure to Apply DD Online SBI then, just go through this detailed guide. The process of applying for a demand draft online through the SBI official website is quite simple. We have two different modes to Apply DD Online SBI i.e., through the online and offline modes.
If you are seeking to issue an Online DD SBI for an amount below Rs. 50000 then, you can easily pay for same through cash. In case, you wish to draft an amount more than Rs. 50000 then, you must have a bank account in SBI so that the amount will be automatically deducted from the corresponding account.
One must carefully fill in the Demand Draft with precise details without any mistakes. Stipulated charges will be imposed on the customer for requesting the issuance of a demand draft. To guide you while filling the demand draft online, we have explained the detailed procedure on How to Make DD Online In SBI clearly in this guide. Follow the easy steps furnished below to understand How to issue Demand Draft Online in SBI. Check it out!
Step 1: Log into the Net Banking Account
- First of all, visit the official website of SBI from your device i.e., onlinesbi.com.
- On the home page of the website, you can find the ‘Login’ button under the personal banking section.
- Click on the login button. On the next page, it prompts you to click on the button ‘Continue to Login’. Hit the button.
- On the next screen, you need to enter the vital login credentials such as the username and password in the provided fields.
- Make sure that you enter the login details precisely without any typos. Hit the Login button.
- Soon after tapping the login button, you will be redirected to the web page wherein you can find the home page of your SBI net banking account.
Step 2: Navigate to the Payments Page
- On the dashboard of the account, you need to tap the tab ‘Payments/Transfers’ at the top of the web page.
- A series of options will be displayed on the screen related to funds transfer, payment options, and more.
- Under the tab ‘Other Payments/Receipt’, you can find the option ‘Issue Demand Draft’. Just click on it.
- On the next screen, the SBI Online Demand Draft page will show up.
Step 3: Provide Profile Password
- Further, it redirects you to the profile password page wherein you must enter your net banking account’s profile password.
- Enter the profile password in the provided field. Hit the Submit button.
- Soon after hitting the submit button, you will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number from the concerned bank authorities. As part of security reasons, an SMS will be sent to your mobile number.
Step 4: Select SBI Demand Draft Limit
- On the next screen, you can find the Demand Draft Page.
- You need to verify the demand draft limit for your corresponding SBI bank account.
- The demand draft limit for your bank accounts will be displayed on the screen. There is a chance to change the DD limit based on your choice.
- However, you have the possibility only to change this limit only less than the demand draft limit as set by the bank.
Step 5: Select your Account
- Choose the SBI bank account from which you wish to issue a demand draft.
- Soon after selecting the bank account, you can find the respective account number.
- In the next field, you must enter the draft amount in Rupees.
Step 6: Fill in vital details on DD Page
- Further, you need to enter the name of the individual or an organization in favor of the person which is drawn.
- The next field is the ‘Remarks’ field wherein you need to enter a description explaining the remark.
- From the next field, you must choose between two options i.e., the bank’s branch code and location.
- You can either enter the branch code or the location.
Step 7: Choose Mode of Delivery
- The next mandatory field is a delivery mode wherein you must select the relevant option. If you want to get the DD delivered through a courier, you must choose the ‘Courier’ option.
- In case, you want to collect the DD in person, you must tick the checkbox ‘Collect in Person’. If you choose this option then, you must visit the bank branch to collect the Demand Draft in person.
- In the next step, you need to select the mode of delivery and address to which the demand draft will be sent.
Step 8: Provide your Address
- You must select the address i.e., registered address or new address.
- After choosing the address to which you want the dd to be sent then, you need to enter the corresponding address.
- Enter the street, city name, PIN code, state, and country in the respective fields.
- After filling in all details, you must hit the ‘Submit’ button.
Step 9: Verify your account details
- On the next screen, you will find the debit account details such as the account number, account type, branch name, drafted amount, remarks, the name of the person in favor of, and the delivery mode.
- Verify all the details and check whether the information is correct or not.
Step 10: Confirmation Message
- Further, you need to hit the ‘Confirm’ button for confirmation purposes.
- You can wrap up the Demand Draft transaction upon tapping the confirm button.
- Once the application confirms the transaction, you can find a confirmation page on the next screen.
- A confirmation message will be shown on the screen stating that ‘Your Demand Draft request has been successfully registered. If you have selected the Courier option the draft will be delivered in the next 5 working days.’
- On that page, you can view the demand draft details such as the account number, type, branch, amount, and mode of delivery.
Step 11: Visit Branch to collect the DD in Person
- If you have chosen the option ‘collect in person’ then, you must take a printout of the demand draft issue request.
- Sign on the printout of the request. Visit the nearest SBI bank branch wherein you have an account.
- Submit the DD Request to the concerned branch authorities.
- The corresponding bank officials will tell the right time to visit the branch to collect the demand draft. Usually, they tell the individuals to come after 1 hour or 2 hours.
Step 12: DD Issuance Time
- If in case, you are in an urgency of the SBI Demand Draft then, you can request them to issue the Online Dd SBI urgently. It might take only 5 minutes for the issuance of the demand draft.
- Once the demand draft is issued, you need to check whether all the details mentioned on it are correct. It should include the signature of the corresponding bank branch manager.
- You will get a DD which is valid for a total of 3 months from the date of issuance.
That’s all! This is a simple guide on How to Make Demand Draft in SBI Online through the official website of SBI.
That’s it! This is everything you need to know about the Online DD SBI application procedure. We hope this guide about How to Issue Demand Draft Online in SBI has given adequate information. If you still have any doubts or queries regarding this topic, don’t hesitate to ask us in the comments section. Visit our website MoneyCompass frequently to learn more about the SBI savings accounts, a variety of SBI banking products, demand draft, debit cards, etc.