Exploring the best SBI Credit Card for Indian Defense Servants? State Bank of India has introduced an exclusive Shaurya series of credit cards as a great tribute to those who serve the nation day and night. Shaurya SBI Credit Card and its variants are available to the army personnel, navy, airforce, and paramilitary employees of India to enjoy exclusive reward points, unlimited cashback offers, and much more.
Shaurya SBI Card and Shaurya Select SBI Credit Card are the two different variants of credit cards offered to the defense personnel by the SBI Card authorities. Through this credit card, the customers can earn bonus reward points on a plethora of categories such as departmental stores, dining, movies, Canteen Stores Department [CSD], grocery expenditure, and a lot more. This article gives you an in-depth explanation of the Shaurya SBI Card, its benefits, key features, application procedure, and a lot more. Have a look!
Table of Contents
- SBI Shaurya Credit Card
- Shaurya SBI Credit Card Eligibility
- SBI Shaurya Credit Card Benefits
- Shaurya SBI Card Annual Fee And Charges
- How to Apply For Shaurya Card SBI?
- Required Documents for SBI Shaurya Card
SBI Shaurya Credit Card
Looking for a unique credit card for army personnel? Here is the right card that serves all your needs as an Indian defense employee. Armed Forces employees play a crucial role in the country’s protection throughout the year. Shaurya SBI Credit Card is a defense-specific credit card that has been launched by SBI Card officials to provide exclusive benefits to army personnel. With this credit card, the cardholders can enjoy unlimited benefits, accelerated reward points, complimentary benefits, waiver offers, discounts, cashback offers, and a lot more.
SBI Card has rolled out this credit card exclusively designed for defense employees. Besides this, the customers can also gain bonus reward points on various categories such as movies, dining, department stores, grocery spending, and much more. This credit card is also eligible for the personnel working in different sectors such as the army, navy, paramilitary, and airforce. We all know that the servants of the armed force are the highly respected citizens of the nation. Moreover, they confront several issues in their lives especially staying at the borders as part of the country’s protection. Know more about the Shaurya Card SBI Credit Card in this guide.
Shaurya SBI Credit Card Eligibility
Individuals who are willing to apply for the Shaurya SBI Credit Card need to know the crucial eligibility criteria beforehand. By having some idea about the eligibility rules, customers can easily understand whether they can apply for the card or not. SBI Card issues the Shaurya Card SBI to the applicants only if they meet some of the eligibility guidelines.
The concerned authorities consider some of the key factors at the time of the credit card approval. Some of the noteworthy factors include the applicant’s age, CIBIL Score, nationality, the income of the applicant, and more. In this post, we provided the complete list of eligibility criteria to apply for the SBI Shaurya Card. Check it out!
- Individuals must be a citizen of India.
- The age of the applicant must range between 21 years and 65 years.
- Customers must maintain a good credit score i.e., minimum CIBIL Score to become eligible for the credit card application.
- Applicant should be a self-employed individual or salaried employee.
SBI Shaurya Credit Card Benefits
State Bank of India offers some exclusive SBI Shaurya Credit Card Benefits to the cardholders. With this credit card, the customers can enjoy unlimited cashback offers, exclusive rewards, insurance coverage services, and more. In this post, we furnished the list of noteworthy benefits and SBI Shaurya Credit Card Features. Check it out!
1. Welcome Benefits
- Cardholders can get a total of 1000 reward points as a welcome gift through this credit card.
2. Reward Points
- Individuals can get 5X reward points on purchases made on movie ticket bookings, grocery spending, CSD, dining, departmental stores, and a lot more.
- Gain 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 spent on all the remaining categories.
3. Renewal Fee Waiver
- Individuals can get a renewal fee waiver upon spending Rs. 50000 or more on anything annually.
4. Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- Customers can get a 1% Fuel Surcharge Waiver at all fuel stations across the nation.
- To access this benefit, the cardholders need to purchase fuel worth Rs. 500 to Rs. 3000.
5. Complimentary Insurance
- One of the noteworthy SBI Shaurya Credit Card Benefits includes the complimentary Personal Accidental Insurance Cover worth Rs. 2 Lakh. RuPay offers this complimentary insurance cover to cardholders.
- The credit card comes imprinted with the cardholders’ service branch i.e., Navy, Army, Airforce, and Paramilitary.
6. Balance Transfer On EMI
- The Balance transfer is one of the significant SBI Shaurya Credit Card Features available to the cardholders on EMI.
- Customers can save their money at the time of paying their credit card dues.
- Individuals can easily transfer the outstanding balance of other bank’s credit cards to their Shaurya SBI Card and acquire a lower interest rate. After the completion of the balance transfer, the cardholders can pay back the amount in easy EMIs.
- To avail of this benefit, the customers need to log into the official website of SBI Card i.e., at sbicard.com using the User ID and Password.
- Through the Flexipay option, customers can easily convert their transactions into simple monthly installments.
- Once you purchase anything or performed any transaction for Rs. 2500 or above using the Shaurya SBI Card, you can easily convert the transaction into easy EMIs through Flexipay within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Customers can access this service by logging into the official website using the Username and Password.
These are some of the notable SBI Shaurya Credit Card Benefits through which the cardholders can enjoy exclusive offers, and rewards upon making purchases using the card.
Shaurya SBI Card Annual Fee And Charges
SBI Card levies specific charges and SBI Shaurya Credit Card Annual Charges after the approval of the credit card. In case, the cardholders spend a huge amount annually using the card, the renewal fee will be reversed to the customers. There will be several other charges imposed on the customers including the late payment fees, add-on fees, etc. To give you a clear understanding of the SBI Shaurya Credit Card Annual Charges, we furnished the tabular form with the fee details. Check it out!
|Type of Fee for Shaurya SBI Card||Amount|
|Joining Fee/Annual Fee [One-Time]||Rs. 250|
|Renewal Fee [Per Annum]||Rs. 250 from second year onwards|
|Add-on Fee [Per Annum]||Nil|
|Cheque fee||Rs. 100|
|Rewards Redemption Fee||Rs. 99|
|Minimum Amount Due||5% of the total outstanding balance [A minimum of Rs. 300]|
|Card Replacement Fee||Rs. 100|
|Cash Advance Limit||Up to 80% of the credit limit|
|Overlimit Fee||2.5% of the amount concerning a minimum of Rs. 500|
|Cash Advance Fee||2.5% of the transaction amount [with respect to a minimum of Rs. 300]|
|Foreign Currency Mark-Up||3.5%|
|Free Credit Period||20 to 50 Days|
|Late Payment Fee||In case, the total amount due ranges between the following, a late payment fee will be levied as given below:For amount between Rs. 0 and Rs. 200 – NilFor an amount between Rs. 200 and Rs. 500 – Rs. 100For an amount between Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 – Rs. 400For an amount between Rs. 1000 and Rs. 10000 – Rs. 600For an amount between Rs. 10000 and Rs. 25000 – Rs. 800For an amount above Rs. 25000 – Rs. 950|
How to Apply For Shaurya Card SBI?
The procedure of application for SBI Shaurya Credit Card is pretty easy when you apply for it through the official SBI Card website i.e., at sbicard.com. This in-depth article guides you on how to apply for the Shaurya Card SBI through the official portal. Check it out!
- First of all, visit the official website of the SBI Card from your device i.e., at sbicard.com.
- On the home page of the website, you can see the series of tabs wherein you can find the Credit Cards tab at the top of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will find the option ‘Shopping’. Just click on it.
- A list of credit cards that falls exclusively under the shopping category will display on the screen.
- Scroll down through the page and you will find the Shaurya SBI Card icon displayed on the screen.
- Right below that option, you will find the ‘Apply Now’ button. Click on the button.
- You will be redirected to the E-Apply Form Page of the SBI Card wherein you need to fill in some of the crucial details.
- Individuals need to enter some of the significant details of the applicant. It includes the personal details, professional details, and current residential address details in the given fields.
- Enter the name, residential city, referral code [optional], and mobile number in the provided spaces.
- Tick the checkbox to accept the customer declaration form.
- Your registered mobile number will get an OTP once you select the option to send an OTP.
- Click on the button ‘Send OTP’. Enter the same in the provided field.
- Further, you will be asked to fill in your professional and residential address details.
- Enter all the details precisely without any typos.
- Try to re-check the information whether you have entered all the details correctly or not.
- Once you are done with the application filling procedure, scroll down to submit the application form. Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Next, you need to upload the relevant documents online that prove your identity, address, and income.
- After the submission of the necessary documents and the credit card application form, you will receive a tracking ID.
- Save the Reference ID for further reference purposes.
- This id can be utilized to track the status of your SBI Shaurya Credit Card application.
- On the official website, you will find the ‘Track Application’ option. Using this option, you can easily monitor your credit card application status.
That’s all! This is an easy process to apply for the SBI Shaurya Credit Card through the official website of SBI Cards. After the completion of the verification, the concerned authorities will approve and issue the credit card to the applicant within a few working days.
Required Documents for SBI Shaurya Card
Applicants need to submit some of the crucial documents for the credit card application. Along with the SBI Shaurya Card application form, and the latest passport-size photographs, the applicants need to produce some other relevant documents that prove their identity, address, and income. Here is a list of documents that are essential for the applicants who are seeking to apply for the Shaurya SBI Credit Card. Check it out!
A. Identity Proof
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
B. Income Proof
- Last 3 Months Bank Statement
- Form 16
- Latest Salary Slips for the last 3 months
- In the case of Self-Employed – Audited financials for the last 2 years
C. Address Proof
- Utility Bills such as electricity, water, and gas bills, not more than 3 months old
- Any other Government-verified ID
In some cases, the SBI Card officials might ask you for some other documents necessary for the application.
This is all you need to understand about the Shaurya SBI Card. We assume this guide has given adequate information about the SBI Shaurya Credit Card Features, fees details, benefits, application procedure, required documents for the online application, and more. By looking at the overall SBI Shaurya Credit Card review, we understood that it’s a better card that comes with impressive reward points to the cardholders. However, the rewards rate might not appear as good as the remaining credit cards available in the market.
In case, you are looking for a credit card that comes with a minimal annual fee and exclusive rewards then, SBI Shaurya is the right choice. Also, it’s a perfect option for those working in the Indian defense field. If you still have any doubts or queries over this topic, feel free to ask us in the comments section. Just drop your doubts in the comments space. For more related posts on SBI Credit Cards, just stay in touch with our website.