Any urgent international trip approaching? If you have any sudden trip to any country but don’t have a valid passport then, it becomes a big hurdle to your abroad trip. Well, in such a critical situation, the Tatkaal Passport Service is a boon to the folks. Tatkal Passport is an excellent service that diminishes your stress on how to get a valid passport immediately. A Tatkal Passport service is a simple way of acquiring a passport with less processing time. If you are not fully aware of the procedure on how to apply for Tatkal Passport, required documents, renewal procedure, Tatkal Passport fees, and charges, just go through this in-depth guide. Have a glimpse!
Table of Contents
What Is Tatkal Passport?
A Passport is an important travel document issued to an individual who is planning to visit abroad for various reasons. Usually, two different types of passports are issued to the citizens of India. Ordinary and Tatkal Passports are offered to the people acting as an identity and address proofs of the passport holders. There is a slight Difference Between Normal And Tatkal Passport. An ordinary passport is highly time-consuming, late application procedure needs to submit several documents, and more.
On the other hand, the Tatkal Passport issuance process is quite different. It is pretty much aware that the passport application procedure is an extremely tedious process. To evade this exhaustive procedure, the Ministry of External Affairs has come up with an exclusive provision for quick issuance of passports under the ‘Tatkal Scheme’.
Wondering What is Tatkal Passport? A Tatkal Passport is an exclusive travel document issued to Indian citizens who have an urgent abroad visit. Those who apply for a Tatkal Passport will receive the same within a few working days. Tatkal Passport Time is based on the applicants’ documents and requirements. The Ministry of External Affairs [MEA] has made a secure and easiest provision of acquiring a passport under the ‘Tatkal Scheme’.
As part of the Tatkal scheme, passports can be quickly issued to the applicants without the necessity of a verification certificate from a Gazetted Officer. Get to know more about the Tatkal Passport application procedure, eligibility guidelines, and more in this guide. Scroll down through this article for more information.
How To Apply For Tatkal Passport?
Follow the simple steps provided below to understand how to apply for a Tatkal Passport from the official website of Passport Seva Portal.
- First, go to the official portal of Passport Seva from your device.
- On the home page of the website, you will find two different options for a new user and an existing user.
- If you are a new user, you need to register yourself online by providing valid information.
- In case, you are an existing user, you can directly log into the portal using the user id and password.
- Hit the Login button. After logging in successfully, you will land on the applicant’s home page.
- As you are seeking to apply for the Tatkal Passport, you need to click the link ‘Apply for Fresh/Reissue of Passport‘.
- Further, you can find two alternatives. One is online and the other one is offline. If you want to apply for Tatkal Passport online, just tap the link ‘Click here to fill out the application form online. Otherwise, click on the 2nd alternative link.
- Select the Fresh Passport option.
- Further, you need to select the option ‘Tatkaal’ under the type of application option.
- Select the type of Passport Booklet i.e., 36 pages or 60 pages.
- The applicants will be prompted to fill in the application form for Tatkal Passport from the next page.
- Fill in the application form with valid details and hit the submit button.
- Some of the details include the applicant’s family details, address information, passport details, emergency contact information, self-declaration, and more.
- After entering your Aadhaar, PAN, and other details, hit the Save My Details button, and the Next button.
- Enter the present residential address details.
- If required, you need to provide some other details.
- Finally, provide self-declaration by choosing relevant options.
- At last, you need to hit the button ‘Save My Details.
- If you are sure that all the details you have entered are correct, you can click the ‘Submit Form’ button.
- A message will be displayed on the screen that reads ‘Your Application form has been submitted successfully.’
- Next, you need to click on the link ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’.
- Make payment for Tatkal Passport application either online or offline i.e., credit or debit card, net banking, or SBI Challan.
- Once you are done with the payment of the stipulated fee, you need to select the nearby PSK for scheduling an appointment on a convenient date and time.
- Click the button ‘Print Application Receipt’.
- Lastly, you can find the application receipt displayed on the screen.
- At the bottom of the page, you can find two options ‘Get Appointment SMS’ and Print Application Receipt’. Select your preferred option.
- If you want to carry the application receipt manually, you can take a printout of the same. Otherwise, you can even show the SMS that you have received on your registered mobile.
- You can even track the status of your Tatkal Passport application online easily.
That’s all! This is the in-depth guide for the application procedure of Tatkal Passport through the Passport Seva Portal online. Once you are done with the application submission and document verification at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra, the final authority for the Tatkal Passport issuance is with the concerned passport office. However, not all people will be able to apply for Tatkal Passport. There are a few eligibility conditions that an individual must meet to apply for Tatkal Passport.
Documents Required To Apply For Tatkal Passport
The applicants who had already scheduled an appointment at the PSK need to visit the office by carrying relevant documents. The applicants need to produce some of the important documents that prove the identity, address, and other details of the individual. Once the documents are verified, the concerned passport authorities will issue the Tatkal Passport to the applicant. Here is a list of crucial Documents Required For Tatkal Passport. Check it out!
Verification Certificate [As per Annexure F]
Any of the 3 documents furnished below:
- Driving License
- Election Card
- Ration Card
- OBC/SC/ST Certificates
- Birth Certificate
- Bank Passbook
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Relevant Pension Documents
- Gas Connection Bill
- Service Photo ID Card
- Arms License
- Student’s Identity Card from an established institution
- Identity Card of Freedom Fighters
- Applicant’s Property Documents
These are some of the vital Documents Required For Tatkal Passport. Make sure you carry the original documents alongside the copy of the same to the nearby Passport Seva Kendra. The concerned officials at the Passport Seva Kendra will verify all the documents and issue the Tatkal passport within a few working days.
Tatkal Passport Fees / Charges
People who are seeking to apply for Tatkal Passport need to pay some huge amount compared to a normal Passport. One can find a fee Difference Between Normal And Tatkal Passport besides other differences. The fees for Tatkal Passport varies based on the booklet pages, the age of the applicants, and more. Check the Tatkal Passport Fees and charges furnished below in the tabular form:
|Fresh Passport [36 Pages] with 10 years validity [Including Minors aged between 15 and 18 years who is willing to obtain a 10-year full validity passport]
|Fresh Passport for Minors with 10 Years Full Validity – For applicants whose age is below 15 years
|New Passport with 60 pages alongside 10 years validity
|Duplicate Passport with 60 pages in case the passport is lost, damaged, or robbed
|Duplicate Passport with 36 Pages in case the original passport is stolen, lost, or destroyed
|Police Clearance Certificate/ECNR/Additional Endorsements.
|In case of Change of Name, Address, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Name of Parents/Legal Guardian, Appearance, Delete ECR/Change in Personal Particulars of a Minor [36 Pages]
|In case of Change of Address, Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Appearance, Spouse Name, Name of Parents/Legal Guardian-Delete Ecr/Change in personal particulars with 36 pages providing a validity of 10 years validity
|In case of Change of Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Address, Spouse Name, Appearance, Name of Parents/Legal Guardian – Delete ECR/Change in personal details with 60 Pages providing a validity of 10 years
Individuals can easily pay the Tatkal Passport Fees In India 2022 either online or offline. Applicants who want to pay online can utilize two different payment modes i.e., credit/debit card and internet banking. In the case of offline mode, the applicants can pay the Tatkaal Passport Charges through SBI Bank Challan.
Tatkaal Scheme Eligibility
The Passport Office has the final authority to issue the passport of the applicant under the Tatkaal Scheme. However, the issuance of the passport depends on the emergency requirement of the applicant alongside some other vital factors of the individual. There are some eligibility conditions that an applicant must fulfill at the time of applying for the Tatkaal Passport. Individuals who fall in the category mentioned below cannot apply or re-apply for the Tatkal Passport. Check out the eligibility guidelines furnished below:
- Individuals born to Indian parents outside India
- Minors living in Nagaland
- Jammu and Kashmir and Nagaland Residents
- Indian citizens who have been approved citizenship status based on the registration or naturalization
- Individuals who have been deported to India from different countries
- Naga origin citizens living outside Nagaland
- Name Change – Major
- Applicants who have been repatriated from a different nation at the cost of government
- Kids adopted by foreign and Indian Parents
- Reapplication due to robbed or lost passport
- Minor children with single parent
- Short Passport validity renewal applicants
- Change in personal details such as signature
- Change in appearance or gender
- Application due to the passport being damaged beyond recognition
These are some of the crucial eligibility rules that an individual must go through before heading to apply for a Tatkaal Passport. One who falls in any of the categories may not be able to apply for the passport. The individuals who meet the above conditions cannot apply for the Tatkal Passport.
How Many Days Will It Take To Get Tatkaal Passport?
The Tatkal Passport Time for the issuance of the passport will be a few working days. Tatkaal Application process and time are pretty simple and quick compared to the normal passport application. The processing time and verification of documents are faster in the case of the Tatkal passport application. Passports issued as part of the Tatkal scheme will be dispatched within 1 to 3 days from the date of application at the nearby Passport Seva Kendra.
Passport application under Tatkal scheme assures an early Tatkal Passport Appointment and also guarantees quick processing through a different queue at the Passport Seva Kendra. Moreover, the Tatkal Passport Time also depends on the Police Verification For Tatkal Passport of the applicant. If the applicant’s application doesn’t need any sort of police verification, the passport will be dispatched within 1 working day from the day of the passport application.
If the applications submitted by the individuals need police verification then, it will be done post the issuance of the passport. On the 3rd working day from the date of application form submission, the Tatkal Passport will be dispatched to the individuals. Sometimes, Tatkal Passport Renewal can also be done online by submitting relevant documents.
That’s it! This is all you need to know about the Tatkal Passport, Tatkal Passport Renewal, application procedure, and more. We hope this guide has explained the complete information about the Tatkal Passport Charges, fees, police verification, and more. If you still have any doubts or queries, just ask us in the comments section. Stay tuned to this website for more related articles and posts about Passport applications, type of passports, required documents, and more. Visit our website on a frequent basis for more information about Passports, and other informative content.